It makes the blackberry browser like a baby, thanks a lot

I found 2 bugs, when i use the trackpad go to the top or the bottom of a page, it will left a big blank area when i stop.

The other one is i tried to post a screenshot of the blank area, i found i can't upload image with this to crackberry, and the file choosing window is very slow.
    Scroll Pad:. Yes and no, even on the stock browser you can pull down some large white blank, but when you let go it springs back. IMHO the Origami scroll pad doesn't create the blank spot but does hold it.
    07-20-13 01:49 PM
    Great browser. Thanks.

Is there a way to set a bookmark on the homescreen so I can replace all my homescreen icons and can use this browser to open?

Thanks again
    07-20-13 03:04 PM
    Great browser. Thanks.

Is there a way to set a bookmark on the homescreen so I can replace all my homescreen icons and can use this browser to open?

Thanks again
    only the stock browser can place bookmarks on the home screen, I've asked this in the past as well
    Cynycl likes this.
    07-20-13 03:08 PM
    Just wanted to congratulate you on your effort, this browser is a thing of beauty.
    Herve5 and pcshun like this.
    07-20-13 03:16 PM
    This a really is a must have for all PlayBook owners. Will location services be added later on?

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 03:23 PM
    Another user that dusted off PB to try.
    Finally some 1 that came out with a browser that works.
    Lone individual or a team that figured something out that all the morons @ BB couldn't fix in 2+ years.
    Did donate.
    JOB WELL DONE.
    Last edited by balding1; 07-20-13 at 04:14 PM.
    pcshun likes this.
    07-20-13 04:00 PM
    Thanks for a great browser! Just found one small issue:

When streaming audio, there seems to be a timeout that does not exist in the stock browser. Am I missing something in the settings?

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 04:54 PM
    Thanks for a great browser! Just found one small issue:

When streaming audio, there seems to be a timeout that does not exist in the stock browser. Am I missing something in the settings?

Posted via CB10
    I was streaming music by the pool today with no problem
    07-20-13 05:47 PM
    Only problem is here and a few other sites is when I press the X on the right hand side of what CB is selling & news, will just redirect me their store instead of closing.
    Last edited by balding1; 07-20-13 at 08:27 PM.
    07-20-13 06:10 PM
    Hmmmm...I run into the issue streaming SiriusXM. Stock browser is fine. But Origami quits. I'll do a bit more investigating.

Edit: Origami quits when the Playbook goes into "standby" after five minute in my case. It picks right back up when you bring the PB out of standby. Funny thing is that it only stops the audio if the source is from the active tab. If you open a second tab and the audio is from the background tab, then the audio continues in standby. Strange.
    Last edited by Old Ag; 07-20-13 at 09:33 PM.
    07-20-13 09:20 PM
    Just select keep screen on in the settings..
    07-21-13 12:22 AM
    Greetings,

How do I change a bookmark's URL?

Thanks,
    Shane.
    07-21-13 01:11 AM
    Words can't describe this browser!

This is the most wonderful web experience on the PlayBook.

If possible I would like to see Share to email where the subject line is filled, and the url is pasted to the body of the email.

Thank you for all your work on your own free time.
    pcshun likes this.
    07-21-13 02:43 AM
    If possible I would like to see Share to email where the subject line is filled, and the url is pasted to the body of the email.
    That would be a good addition. This bookmarklet works in the PB standard browser but not in Origami:
    javascript:location.href='mailto:?SUBJECT='+docume nt.title+'&BODY='+escape(location.href)

Maybe it's because non BB apps are not allowed to invoke the email app or another permission would be required.
    07-21-13 03:59 AM
    What does the "set as my default" button ?
    07-21-13 05:08 AM
    What does the "set as my default" button ?
    When you press that button your settings of the above toggles are set as default (on/off for desktop modes, private browsing, adblock, flash and javascript). So, when you open a new tab these settings are set.
    Btw, your settings for bookmarks are individually saved - a really great feature!
    07-21-13 05:28 AM
    Just want to echo everyone appreciation to pcshun for this browser. Please people donate!!!! Make it worth his time to continue our playbook experience!! Many of you got the tablet cheap. Skip a cup of coffee here and there, or a pack of cigarrettes just make a one time donation, more if you want to
    castleruins, pcshun and latarnik like this.
    07-21-13 10:24 AM
    Made a little video of the browser in action. Not great filming sadly, just a handheld phone cam, bit tricky navigation and filming but tried to give atleast a teaser of it. Awesome browser! Perhaps best on any mobile platform I have used. Very intuitive, neat, lightweight, smooth and responsive. The UI is very well thought out and arranged, and that scroll button is just WOW!

pcshun likes this.
    07-21-13 12:59 PM
    Is there an easy way to turn on the fullscreen mode besides select from the menu?
    If no, how about double click the trackpad , and double click again to quit.
    highos likes this.
    07-21-13 01:30 PM
    Stock browser won't stream on m.youtube. Origami does. Enable JS, useragent iPad, boom! 320p buffer-free BIS Bridge streaming.
    07-21-13 02:01 PM
    Is there an easy way to turn on the fullscreen mode besides select from the menu?
    If no, how about double click the trackpad , and double click again to quit.
    an easier way would be for the browser to recognize the down gesture without first having to select full screen from the menu
    07-21-13 03:22 PM
    Man this browser is getting a lot more of attention lately, this just goes to show the excellent job made by the dev.

btw a little suggestion: add the ability to rename the file you are going to download before downloading it like in the stock browser that would be really useful.
    nappp, highos and pcshun like this.
    07-21-13 04:42 PM
    Man this browser is getting a lot more of attention lately, this just goes to show the excellent job made by the dev.

btw a little suggestion: add the ability to rename the file you are going to download before downloading it like in the stock browser that would be really useful.
    I agree this would be helpful

Sent from an ATM
    No trees were harmed during the making of this message
    07-21-13 07:06 PM
    Successful launch
    Well.. what can I say? Some numbers are in. And judging from those figures, OrigamiBrowser seems to be stacking up against its competitions.
    #1 in Popular Apps
    #1 in Top Free Apps
    #1 in "Browser" sorted by Relevance
    120 active reviews with average rating of 4.9~
    4,000 total downloads in the first 2.5 days (projected to reach 10,000 milestone in just about a week)

On the other hand... the Beautyleg Model series... ah!! Tough competition
    OrigamiBrowser - Experimental Release-app1.png

Just want to echo everyone appreciation to pcshun for this browser...
    My appreciation goes to everyone here on the CB forums as well. Thanks for showing your support.

Made a little video of the browser in action...
    Thank you. I loved your video review slick1two. It would be nice to have an official video tutorial that walks you through the various features of Origami, so that new users can adapt to the UI quickly. Anyone interested in taking on the job?
    =====================
    New thread? Development plan?
    My advice to dev: do start a new thread here, with some detailed explanations and feature...
    Excellent idea! I hope mods won't mind us having two separate threads. I am currently putting together a development plan for the next two months or so. Stay tuned.

3rd party plugins/Silverlight
    ... I have one question i would like to get answered, is there a possibility to ad a specific 'add-on' into the browser in any way?...
    Now if you could some how have it be able to run silverlight. The spoofing the browser meta name already works, netflix standalone would be golden.
    I wish I could say yes, but this is simply not possible. So unfortunately no

Bookmark import from PB browser
    Is there a way to import Bookmarks from the PB's default Browser to Origami's? Would be very handy as a One-Off setup process.
    The PB browser stores bookmarks in it's own SQLite database which is accessible only from the app itself. So unfortunately there is no way to accomplish this either.

Latest bar file
    Will you upload the .bar file of the final version?..
    Sure. Download the latest bar file from here. Once I have the new thread setup, I will make each new release bar file available on the front page.

Close tab button [x]
    ... That said, maybe a simple poll of user regarding the way the tabs are closed, double tap on tab, I much prefer a single tap on an, 'X' ...
    I have tried this method once but could not get a satisfactory result out of it. In the end, a minor inconvenience of having to double tap to close a tab outweighed the frustration comes from accidentally closing a tab and loosing information with a single tap implementation. Hope you understand this.

Crash recovery loop
    Unfortunately one of the tabs was a bad site that caused the browser to close. Got into a deadly embrace, couldn't keep the browser open long enough to change the settings or close the tabs...
    I had this happened to me once before so I understand where you are coming from. In the next release, I will implement a crash counter which enables you to select only a specific set of tabs (or none at all) to recover when the browser crashes more than x times in a row. This should address your concern. If you need something right now, just PM me and I will get you one.

mailto: implementation
    That would be a good addition. This bookmarklet works in the PB standard browser but not in Origami:
    javascript:location.href='mailto:?SUBJECT='+docume nt.title+'&BODY='+escape(location.href)
    I'm looking into it right now. Should be easy enough to implement.

Changing bookmark URL
    How do I change a bookmark's URL?
    Not possible at this point. Can you elaborate a use case?

CB ad sidebar
    Only problem is here and a few other sites is when I press the X on the right hand side of what CB is selling & news, will just redirect me their store instead of closing.
    Try turning off the booster mode. CB sidebar is collapsible only when you have JavaScript enabled.

SiriusXM streaming issue
    Hmmmm...I run into the issue streaming SiriusXM. Stock browser is fine. But Origami quits. I'll do a bit more investigating.
    Cannot comment on this at this point as I do not have a SiriusXM account to test it on. From the way it sounds, it is a html5 audio playback. Do you see a blue play/pause button in the notification bar when the media is playing?

Fullscreen mode
    Is there an easy way to turn on the fullscreen mode besides select from the menu?..
    I think making the "Full-screen mode" toggle persistent between app launches should address your concern. Once the browser goes into full-screen mode, bezel swipe will show/hide the navigation bar and tab selector with a simple swipe-down gesture.

Download "Save As" option
    add the ability to rename the file you are going to download before downloading it like in the stock browser that would be really useful.
    Noted. Will be implemented in the next release.
    Last edited by pcshun; 07-22-13 at 09:11 AM.
    07-21-13 11:46 PM
    Changing bookmark URL

Not possible at this point. Can you elaborate a use case?
    I have an obvious one: Bookmark's name is "CB OrigamiBrowser Thread" but its URL needs to be periodically tweaked to reflect the current thread page (17 in this case).
    pcshun likes this.
    07-22-13 12:02 AM
936 ... 1516171819 ...