I know BB10 browser is the best out there, but how does the other two browsers compare to it? Data charges on my Z30 are extremely high, so I would like to buy a PlayBook, just to use the BIS from my BB 9790, using bridge which has data compression and unlimited data at very cheap rate!
    I want to know if these 3rd Party browsers of PlayBook, are any good compared to BB10 browser. I mean cuz the BlackBerry 9790 browser sucks big time. Checkerboards or hourglass for each and every page. So what you guys think about these browser?
    Thank you

Posted via Z30
    04-26-14 09:18 PM
    BB10 browser is still in the lead despite origami's placebo speed boost.
    04-26-14 09:20 PM
    BB10 browser is still in the lead despite origami's placebo speed boost.
    Yes I know that BlackBerry 10 browser is the best, but is the Origami or FastBrowser any good,when compared to it? Cuz I heard the default PlayBook browser sucks, but if these 3rd Party broswer are really good, then it might be a good enough reason to get a PlayBook!

Posted via Z30
    04-26-14 09:22 PM
    It honestly doesn't do anything that is extravagant enough to get you a stiffy. I think the only cool things it has is the mediocre ad block and the option to change user agents.
    ultra07 likes this.
    04-26-14 09:25 PM
    It honestly doesn't do anything that is extravagant enough to get you a stiffy. I think the only cool things it has is the mediocre ad block and the option to change user agents.
    No, it doesn't have to be awesome! I just want to browse the sites smoothly without any stutter or lags or hourglass and be able to download huge files. And adblock is a huge plus point for me.
    As I have told u, I just want to reduce my monthly bills. Data charges on Z30 is so high and am not even getting unlimited data on half the price of BIS.

Posted via Z30
    04-26-14 09:35 PM
    Why don't you continue to use your Z30, and simply log into the mobile hotspot on your 9790?

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 09:55 PM
    What slows down the stock PB browser is javascript. With javascript turned off, the stock Browser flies. Both Origami and Fast Browser are built upon the stock browser, but offer the option to easily toggle javascript on and off (in the stock browser, you have to go into settings to do this). Of course, with javascript turned off, some sites may not work right or at all, in which case, with Origami and Fast Browser, you can easily turn javascript back on. Anyhow, I did a video a while back of the Playbook's browser running with javascript off- you can judge for yourself.

jevinzac likes this.
    04-26-14 10:10 PM
    Why don't you continue to use your Z30, and simply log into the mobile hotspot on your 9790?

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947

Posted via CB10
    BIS in India doesn't support mobile hotspot or flash, for that I have to subscribe to the normal data plan along with the BIS

Posted via Z30
    04-26-14 10:47 PM
    What slows down the stock PB browser is javascript. With javascript turned off, the stock Browser flies. Both Origami and Fast Browser are built upon the stock browser, but offer the option to easily toggle javascript on and off (in the stock browser, you have to go into settings to do this). Of course, with javascript turned off, some sites may not work right or at all, in which case, with Origami and Fast Browser, you can easily turn javascript back on. Anyhow, I did a video a while back of the Playbook's browser running with javascript off- you can judge for yourself.

Oh thanks, the PlayBook browser is actually quite smooth, so I think I'll try to find a 2nd hand PlayBook for cheap.
    Thanks for all your help guys!

Posted via Z30
    04-26-14 10:52 PM