Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bdegrande
  • 1 Post By diegonei
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default One thing is clear: need more iOS apps in BB10!

There are alot of apps in iOS that clearly need to be in BB10. For a professional of many stripes myself (multimedia per se), I find BB sister apps lacking compared to iOS.

iOS devs, major and minor (I'm looking at you Skype, Starbucks, CardMunch, FlightBoard, Flipboard, etc.) do need to consider BB10!!
    Last edited by gng11; 11-17-2012 at 05:23 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

That's what's probably gonna stop me from coming back. I need my bank app and its not gonna be offered for bb's
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: One thing is clear: need more iOS apps in BB10!

Quote Originally Posted by ecksdog View Post
    I need my bank app and its not gonna be offered for bb's
    Really, do you have official word from your bank for that? I'm not saying you're wrong, I can't really as I don't even know which bank you're with, but you seem to be presuming that your (or any) bank will never make their apps available for BB10.

Maybe, as far as banking apps are concerned, the BB10 browser will make accessing your bank's web site, and therefore managing your accounts, much easier and better.

Si.
    CrackBerry Master

My bank has a BB app right now.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    28A60EB9

Probably not your bank but Barclays in the UK has a BB7 app. I use it all the time and never need to go online.
    Sent using a Playbook 64
    Thanked by:
    gng11 (11-17-2012) 
    CrackBerry Master

Just because iOS has tons of apps, in reality how many are good or actually used daily? Pretty much every bank in north america has a BB app. Most have already been developing BB10 apps in Canada. So to say your bank won't have a app you won't know till BB10 launches. Rim is holding it's cards what Apps they have for the new platform.. Owning a playbook we have really only seen games for the most part.. It does have a browser that can do a mobile site regardless if it happens not to have an app.

As for the Starbucks app have you tried it in passbook, it's horrible and never updates. You have to shred the card go to the app re marry it to passbook to update the balance. Good app pffft.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyBC View Post
    Just because iOS has tons of apps, in reality how many are good or actually used daily?
    Lots and lots of iOS apps are good or great, there are some that I prefer to desktop/laptop apps. Even if 90% of iOS apps were worthless, that would still leave thousands of good ones. Who cares how many are used daily? If you use an app once a week or once a month, but it meets a need when you do use it, how is that not valuable? Similarly, you may play a game obsessively for a couple of months and then discard it - again, nothing wrong with that.
    Podcaster, host of The DexterCast, an introcast for the Showtime series Dexter. Two of us have seen Dexter before, the other two are watching for the first time.
    Thanked by:
    gng11 (11-17-2012) 
    Akuji_ism likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BoldAlways View Post
    My bank has a BB app right now.
    So does mine, but only with bare-bones options. Balances, transfers, etc.

The iOS and Android versions of the same have lots more options, including one I would love: Photo deposits.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Thanked by:
    gng11 (11-17-2012) 

Even some banks in Brasil coded apps for the PlayBook (Edit: Mine not included...). I know of UK banks with apps too. But then... I know of people using the browser for their Internet banking (not me again, my bank ducks like that...).

Anywhoo, I think the OP's point was: "Devs, make BB10 apps with the same level/amount of features as you make iOS apps"!

Evernote and Adobe Reader aregood examples... Or apps that could have been a lot better.
    Last edited by diegonei; 11-18-2012 at 08:36 PM.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

Thanked by:
    gng11 (11-17-2012) 
    gng11 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Banks need to step up and support business-level security and user experience built into BlackBerry 10. Don't disappoint your customers or they'll switch to a bank that will support BB10.
    Thanked by:
    gng11 (11-17-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

I have tried with Passbook, no glitches. At least they have a selection of apps people can go to. Blackberry does have a criteria for devs to submit their apps, but their ecosystem is a different story than iOS.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Correct. Thank you. In other words, devs need to really step up their game and look beyond iOS or Android. They keep forgetting that Blackberry was the first smartphone out there, and to never have blinded sight of why Blackberry keeps coming back. My faith in this company never falters, even when people keep saying "they're dead".
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    Photo deposits.
    Photo deposits? What's that? Take a picture of money and it gets added to your account?
    UberCurrency - Free currency conversion app for PlayBook.

Quote Originally Posted by kdna View Post
    Banks need to step up and support business-level security and user experience built into BlackBerry 10. Don't disappoint your customers or they'll switch to a bank that will support BB10.
    Lol, sure. Go to a new account and lose all benefits you've got over the years from being a trusted customer just because your tablet isn't supported.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB9C463

Quote Originally Posted by SifJar View Post
    Photo deposits? What's that? Take a picture of money and it gets added to your account?

Photo check deposits – Marco.org
    Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum...
    Z10 (v10.2.x.xxx Rogers), Playbook (v2.1.0.1314) | Rooted SGS IV
    Thanked by:
    SifJar (11-19-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyBC View Post
    Just because iOS has tons of apps, in reality how many are good or actually used daily? ~snip~.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdegrande View Post
    Lots and lots of iOS apps are good or great, there are some that I prefer to desktop/laptop apps. Even if 90% of iOS apps were worthless, that would still leave thousands of good ones. Who cares how many are used daily? If you use an app once a week or once a month, but it meets a need when you do use it, how is that not valuable? Similarly, you may play a game obsessively for a couple of months and then discard it - again, nothing wrong with that.
    RE: Even if 90% of iOS apps were worthless, that would still leave thousands of good ones.

I agree with you 100%, numerically your chances of finding a good app increases as you have a bigger selection to choose from.
    As with anything, having options, multiple vendors or in this case apps /developers to choose from is a GOOD thing.

Competition is good.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

My bank Td has a app, all it does though is take you to their website on the browser.

Pretty awesome them to think I'm that dumb.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

Apps like square, hipstamatic, tune in radio included
    Subscribe to my BBM Channel: C001230CB
    (yeah CB=Crackberrian)

Photography Portfolio: www.onemodelplace.com/gent-ng-photography

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gent-...09172849105726