I was looking for a remote desktop app for playbook recently. Most of this kind of apps are pricy, at least $6.99. I found "My Remote Desktop Connection" this morning. From it's description, it's able to do similar things as the others and only $1.99. I downloaded and tried to control my HTPC(win7). It works pretty well. The control is responsive and I can change the screen image quality too. connected to my mac from playbook just now. It works smoothly. I like the pinch-to-zoom feature so much. that's very useful for controlling large computer screen. I am very happy with it so far although server software is required(free). This app is a BARGAIN and highly recommended to anybody looking for remote desktop app!
    Last edited by gaoliang21; 03-08-12 at 05:28 PM.
    03-08-12 02:24 PM
    That is a good find, and may work for most people.
    But the drawback of this compared to the 6.99 one, is that 1.99 app still requires an app to be installed on the workstation. The RDP protocol on the other program allows an RDP connection to be made using the standard windows Remote Desktop or Terminal Server services.

-- From MyRDC App Description --
    MyRDC Server is required to run on the computer you'd like to access. It's free and can be downloaded at MyRDC
    Supported operation systems:
    . Windows XP/Vista and Windows 7
    . Mac OSX 10.6 and later
    03-08-12 02:38 PM
    I was looking for a remote desktop app for playbook recently. Most of this kind of apps are pricy, at least $6.99. I found "My Remote Desktop Connection" this morning. From it's description, it's able to do similar things as the others and only $1.99. I downloaded and tried to control my HTPC(win7). It works pretty well. The control is responsive and I can change the screen image quality too. connected to my mac from playbook just now. It works smoothly. I like the pinch-to-zoom feature so much. It's very useful for controlling large computer screen. I am very happy with it so far. This app is a BARGAIN and highly recommended to anybody looking for remote desktop app!
    This one looks to require client-side software to connect. That is the reason why folks like the RDP client that is $6.99 - no additional software required on the host. In an enterprise IT environment you likely won't want to install extra software on the server. So is this your RDP software?
    03-08-12 03:00 PM
    Phone my pc works flawlessly but you will have to port that. I love it.
    03-08-12 03:42 PM
    It needs to install software on my mac, not on server. I used this app this afternoon to connecte to my mac and showed some powerpoint slides from my playbook in a presentation. It was a good experience. BTW, I haven't used it to connect to remote computer because I can't use OpenVPN on playbook.
    03-08-12 05:47 PM
    It needs to install software on my mac, not on server. I used this app this afternoon to connecte to my mac and showed some powerpoint slides from my playbook in a presentation. It was a good experience. BTW, I haven't used it to connect to remote computer because I can't use OpenVPN on playbook.
    In this case your Mac is the server.
    03-08-12 06:36 PM
    Does it work through the BB bridge connection? Or only LAN and hotspots?
    03-09-12 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD