The official Formula 1 Timing App is now available on the PlayBook. As a huge F1 fan, I've waited a long time for this.

Formula 1
    Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 05-10-12 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Spelling error in the title for "Formula"
    05-10-12 03:17 PM
    It does look impressive...but it is very expensive at $20 for an app. Do you know if it allow you to replay entire races after the race is over. And if so for how long is the archive available.
    05-10-12 03:53 PM
    If its anything like the BlackBerry smartphone app, you can download add-on packages of each race. Though Soft Pauer confirmed to me that its a Native PlayBook app that works like the iOS/Android apps. They're much more full fledged than the dumbed down BB smartphone version.

So I think these functions you're asking about should be available. I don't know how long the archives are available though.
    05-10-12 04:16 PM
    Looks impressive. CB Team, do you mind reviewing this app? I'd like to see more before purchasing and supporting this app for the PB.
    05-10-12 04:23 PM
    They made a typo with the pricing, $19.99 instead of $1.99...
    05-10-12 04:52 PM
    �20?, not in a million years, complete rip off. And Im a big F1 fan... As long as i have an app that keeps me up dated with a bit of cometary, which there is a free one available. No app like that should be charged at such a price.
    05-10-12 05:59 PM
    download Formula 1 2012, by Maxsis, its free and is a good F1 app.
    05-10-12 06:01 PM
    Does it do real video or is it playback of the car icons moving around the representation of the track?
    05-10-12 06:07 PM
    Can someone please confirm if you can download the race from this app? I think thats the only reason this app will be worth it.
    05-10-12 07:28 PM
    I've been using Maxsis, since it's one of my only options on the PlayBook, and it doesn't come anywhere near the official F1 timing app. If you're a true fan, the amounts of data given to you in real time is something you can't even get while watching the live races. It's especially useful for someone like me who lives in the States, where only Speed TV is available and they go to commercial even on the last few laps of the race...smh. If you don't need the live feeds/data, then this app is probably not for you.

Does it do real video or is it playback of the car icons moving around the representation of the track?

Based on the iOS, Android, and BlackBerry smartphone versions I've used, there is no real video. It's all a real time map of the cars moving around the track with markings. I believe the PlayBook version is more like the iOS/Android version in that you can rotate/scale the track in 3D vs. the BlackBerry OS version where it's just a flat, 2D aerial view.

Can someone please confirm if you can download the race from this app? I think thats the only reason this app will be worth it.
    On the other versions you CAN download the previous race packages and view them at anytime. I'd imagine this is the same.
    noelito4three likes this.
    05-10-12 07:55 PM
    ^^
    Thanks for the reply.

When we talk about race packages, does this mean like highlights? Or a certain number of laps, that if i download many of them, would combine to a race?

Thanks
    05-10-12 08:26 PM
    Anyone know if you have to buy this again if you already have it on your BB?
    05-10-12 09:39 PM
    Anyone know if you have to buy this again if you already have it on your BB?
    Just worked it out. Updated to version 4.7 on my 9900 and had to do a "Refresh List" on my PB in the My World section of App World. F1 Timing then showed as Uninstalled and I could "Reinstall" it.

No cost either, buy it once and you can use it on your BB or PB, which is good considering the price!
    05-10-12 09:51 PM
    ^^
    Thanks for the reply.

When we talk about race packages, does this mean like highlights? Or a certain number of laps, that if i download many of them, would combine to a race?

Thanks
    When you download a race package, it will basically simulate the whole race again as if the data was being streamed for each driver, to you live.

Just worked it out. Updated to version 4.7 on my 9900 and had to do a "Refresh List" on my PB in the My World section of App World. F1 Timing then showed as Uninstalled and I could "Reinstall" it.

No cost either, buy it once and you can use it on your BB or PB, which is good considering the price!
    Yep! I was surprised to see this too. I'm glad I didn't have to pay another $20. It's only fair, but I'm glad Soft Pauer was cool about this.

The only issues I've seen so far is the bezel down menu isn't accessible unless the PlayBook is in portrait. Basically there is different functionality between portrait/landscape. I messaged Soft Pauer about this and they told me it's a known issue and they are looking to resolve it. All in all, it's almost identical to the more rich iOS/Android version and not as stripped out like the BBOS one.
    05-11-12 07:58 PM
    Yeah, the having to put the PB in portrain mode to access the menus had me confused for awhile!

Loving it though, a much better experience than on the 9900!
    05-12-12 01:13 AM
    This qt app seems pretty cool F1LT - f1lt - Description and usage of the application - Formula 1 live timing application - Google Project Hosting
    I hope some developer/F1 fan takes time to port it to bb10.

BTW, was anyone able to get/package any of this unofficial timing app from android?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=com.kishor.f1
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kin.formulaone

Wolf
    07-22-12 08:47 AM
    $20 is a lot. This is one app I just would like to "sideload"

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    07-23-12 04:02 AM
    yes it is good app. I also sideloaded F1 news (2012) android app

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    07-23-12 04:05 AM
    If someone is looking for a little project, I wonder if this apk file could be converted to a bar file. I would love to be able to sideload this.

http://f1lt.pl/index.php?id=2
    11-04-12 09:50 PM
    I downloaded F1LT bar format from PlayBook .apk to .bar converter, but the link disappeared. I have the direct link, but I don't know is if this allowed put it here. (somebody with experience tell me)
    It�s the best app to follow F1. Sorry for my bad english, I just want to help
    11-05-12 01:41 PM
    This qt app seems pretty cool F1LT - f1lt - Formula 1 live timing application
    Wolf
    Bar of latest version for your enjoyment!
    Attached Files
    04-16-13 06:32 PM
    I got in touch with the developer of F1LT and he said he will be porting the app to Qt5/Qml so the app may become native on bb10 in the future, and feature rich as well (today the mobile version lacks several features vs the windows app)
    Enjoy! Wolf

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 07:18 PM
    Awesome, thanks!
    04-17-13 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD