I went ahead and purchased Modern Combat 2 for the PB this weekend. Having played the Modern Combat games on my iPad, I knew what to expect from Gameloft's PB release. I have never been a true 100% fan of first-person shooter (FPS) gaming on tablets because of the mixed bag virtual controls/virtual joysticks can be. I found that Modern Combat on my iPad was difficult to control with a steep learning curve (even though the games themselves are very good). When I fired it up on my PlayBook, I found it to be quite easy to control. Actually, it seemed like the complete opposite of my experiences with the iPad version.

After pondering about this, my only conclusion is that it is due to the PB's 7" form factor. One of the quirks I had with the iPad version of the game was how spread out the controls felt given the iPad's larger size and display real estate. With the PB, the controls felt more natural to me and easier to reach on the screen. I'm also a console gamer and play FPS games on my Xbox. The thing that I noticed which led me to my conclusion is the PB's form factor is nearly the same size as the controls on my Xbox. Attached is a picture comparison of what I mean.

Any other gamers with the same thought?

Now, i'm hoping/looking forward to more FPS gaming goodness on the PB!
    10-23-11 09:32 PM
    I'm an FPS gamer, but on PC, not on consoles. I agree with you though. I have fairly small hands for a guy and, what became immediately apparent when playing, for example, DeadSpace - was the fluidity and reach for the thumbs and fingers. It's obviously the 7" form factor.....and I wouldn't have it any other way! Oh....and I've given up DeadSpace for the time being as I upgraded - if you can call it that - to OS 2.0!
    10-23-11 09:52 PM
    yep, the 7" form factor is perfect for gaming... I am currently playing samurai 2, and I really love the controls, so fluid and easy to master..
    10-24-11 01:04 AM
    Nice comparison, makes sense. Haven't bought a single game on my PB yet..no not cause im cheap lol. Something is wrong and I keep on getting error 9300 for the past 3 months it's irritating :/.
    10-24-11 01:29 AM
    Yes it rocks on PB, all Gameloft games do, I got Eternal Legacy yesterday too and it ROCKS!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-11 02:25 AM
    Nice comparison, makes sense. Haven't bought a single game on my PB yet..no not cause im cheap lol. Something is wrong and I keep on getting error 9300 for the past 3 months it's irritating :/.
    Paypal email address must match blackberry id email address.
    If not using paypal, log into app world on a pc and re enter card details (this worked for me)

Let me know how you get on!

- Crwblyth
    10-24-11 07:21 AM
    Paypal email address must match blackberry id email address.
    If not using paypal, log into app world on a pc and re enter card details (this worked for me)

Let me know how you get on!

- Crwblyth
    While matching emails might help, mine do not match. (and I don't think I have my bbid email as even a secondary on paypal)
    10-24-11 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD