Seems like a some apps have been removed from the App World. I wanted to reinstall winamp and when I tried, my reinstall button did nothing and I can't find it on App World. The developer of Amp Lite told me his mp3 player would be withdrawn and sure enough - gone. Anybody know what is going on?

Michael Grant
    03-22-12 12:40 PM
    Someone other than the developer submitted it.
    03-22-12 12:43 PM
    Someone other than the developer submitted it.
    But it's a free app isn't it? Why would the developer object? Shouldn't he appreciate the new distribution channel? *

* submitted for the sake of discussion.
    03-22-12 12:47 PM
    But it's a free app isn't it? Why would the developer object? Shouldn't he appreciate the new distribution channel? *

* submitted for the sake of discussion.
    Good question. Maybe it didn't work so well and they didn't want a bad reputation?

Guess it will still be open season for side loading.
    03-22-12 12:49 PM
    I noticed this has happened several times in app world. An app appears to "disappear" and return a week or so later with a new version number....probably not submitted properly
    Last edited by spencerdl; 03-22-12 at 01:01 PM.
    03-22-12 12:58 PM
    I ended up sideloading it and accidentally deleted the desktop icon. Now it seems to be neither installed nor uninstalled. When I try to install the .bar it seems to be successful but
    the icon is not restored. Also the winamp icon is not shown in Android Player toolbar. Any suggestions on how to recover/restore my installation. Tried rebooting but no luck.
    Thanks.

Michael Grant
    03-22-12 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD