I figured I would try out nobex radio because going to the web for a particular station is annoying. So today when I went to put WFAN in new york city on, it comes up with a message that this station is not available on sundays. Yet I can play the station on the web and my Sony Dash clock radio, so what gives? Do I have to pay to unlock it? If so, how do you do that, I cannot find anything within the app. Thanks....
    07-01-12 02:34 PM
    I am not an expert on the app, but I know it only plays local stations in the free version from what it says on the web site. You have to pay a monthly subscription to get other stations, which I find ridiculous. There are countless internet radio apps for other OS's that cost $5 and under that give you access to tens of thousands of stations. Radio apps are one of the areas where the Playbook is really lacking choice (same with Podcast apps).

As for how you even upgrade, I don't know. You must have to buy it through the web site as their appears to be no options to update it from within the app.
    07-01-12 06:02 PM
    I figured I would try out nobex radio because going to the web for a particular station is annoying. So today when I went to put WFAN in new york city on, it comes up with a message that this station is not available on sundays. Yet I can play the station on the web and my Sony Dash clock radio, so what gives? Do I have to pay to unlock it? If so, how do you do that, I cannot find anything within the app. Thanks....
    I have WFAN (Sports Radio 660 AM) in my New York Radio app for the PlayBook. It's Available in App World for 1.99 =). No daily restrictions apply.
    07-02-12 12:09 AM
    I bought Nobex in Appworld for my bb phone @9.99 (no monthly subscription) . As far as I know for PB no premium yet. I was able to listen to all the Bruins games last season. Keep in mind though I'm in Florida and you might have some sort of blackout restriction.
    Last edited by Earl_3; 07-02-12 at 05:17 AM.
    07-02-12 05:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD