This could be why we haven't seen an official Twitter app for the PlayBook and in my mind could be why we may never see one.
    Unless RIM make one themselves but I can hardly see Twitter producing one.

Apple Blesses Twitter.

Apple Blesses Twitter, Makes It the Social Network on iOS Devices
    06-07-11 08:12 PM
    Twitter never made Twitter For BlackBerry.. RIM did. And Apple never made Twitter for iPhone, Twitter bought Tweetie.

I fail to see how this even remotely relates to no Twitter on PlayBook because iOS 5 has integration. Uhh, BlackBerry already has Twitter integration. Congrats Apple -- you integrated something both Android and BlackBerry already had!

Anyone who knows the Twitter background knows that Twitter is not making it easy for developers to make apps any more, in fact -- they flat out don't want them to. They stop just short of saying so on many occasions and well, without help from Twitter making a Twitter app doesn't just happen overnight.

Sure, RIM could have slapped some app together and put it out for the PlayBook by now but it would be without Twitters help so it wouldn't be up to par and instead of being here complaining about their not being one, we'd all be blaming RIM for how crappy the one they did make was.
    tstrike34 and Suavechef like this.
    06-07-11 08:23 PM
    Our we pretty much screwed until QNX gets Java support? Then we could just get the BB OS App ported over? Is their still a possibility for a RIM made Native Twitter App for QNX?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-11 08:27 PM
    I have no issues with Blaq -- it could use some extra features but they are working on them. It serves me well.
    tstrike34 likes this.
    06-07-11 08:30 PM

I fail to see how this even remotely relates to no Twitter on PlayBook because iOS 5 has integration.
    The reason I see it as relating to no official app for the PlayBook is because if there is some underlying deal with Apple there is no way that Apple would allow them to do something official on a competitors device.
    06-07-11 08:34 PM
    The reason I see it as relating to no official app for the PlayBook is because if there is some underlying deal with Apple there is no way that Apple would allow them to do something official on a competitors device.
    It would have to be more than a deal... It would practically have to be an acquisition and there was never any rumor of that or hint at all. Even if there was, it would have to go back retroactively to pre-PB launch and stop all development support of native clients to all other parties...
    06-07-11 08:39 PM
    Also this integration is basically a copy cat of the existing wp7 feature, just to squash this....
    06-07-11 08:44 PM
    I have no issues with Blaq -- it could use some extra features but they are working on them. It serves me well.
    Blaq is exactly what I want a PB QNX Twitter Application should be minus a few features.
    06-07-11 08:47 PM
    Blaq is best because it is only one. It is no where near what Socialscope or Uber is! For heavy users it is not good!
    06-07-11 08:52 PM
    I believe Blaq is still under development and will get more features as it matures. It serves me personally pretty well the way it is now already.
    06-07-11 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD