I can't seem to find any native decent IRC apps. I was using androirc, but I don't like it very much and the android player freezes up every other day.

Anyone know of any good ones?
    05-17-12 10:16 PM
    Good question.

I have the pleasure of being a part of a diverse PB development group (OSBBx/BNXtreme/BBXteam) of about 20 or so. A bunch of us small developers got together to work on things like emulators, open sourfe apps, tools, etc.

One of our challenges has been around IRC and chat. There are several IRC options but RIM has made notifications difficult on the pb inAIR. And IRC is battery intensive. I imagine when cascades is out and ndk is more GUI friendly this will change.

I hqve used Firc and Chatosphere. They "do the job" but you wont find an MIRC client unfortunately. We have added it to our todo list but it doesnt have priority currently.

I am currently looking into an HTML5 / PHP multi-platform notification enables group chat alternative (PB doesnt support BBM groups and some users have no BB's). The only reliable way wih solid notifications will be to push it throug android side. But this still isnt IRC.

I did look at IRC options but havent started on it.

Havent tried the 5 buck IRC android app in store yet.

Ed
    dave1701 likes this.
    05-17-12 11:25 PM
    I can make a pretty kick- IRC app.
    Would you be willing to pay for it though?

Not sure if there's enough potential users for it.
    technomensch and yaytoast like this.
    05-17-12 11:41 PM
    I would
    technomensch likes this.
    05-18-12 07:23 AM
    If it works and is decent I'd pay for it.
    05-18-12 10:20 PM
    Lol Dave If xsacha is willing to charge for it, it'll work and be decent.
    I'd pay a few bucks for it no problem
    KermEd and technomensch like this.
    05-20-12 10:41 AM
    I'd absolutely pay for a good IRC app for my Blackberry. Anyone working on it yet?
    08-19-12 02:52 PM
    I've use jmirc, it works.

jmIrc - Java mobile IRC-client (J2ME)

I'd pay for a good irc client
    08-19-12 06:14 PM
    Please make a good IRC client. Thank you!
    08-19-12 11:43 PM
    I help manage several game servers using IRC. Ditching AndroIRC for a native application is something I'd pay totally a few bucks for.
    08-20-12 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD