Netflix, on twitter, just confirmed no Netflix app for blackberry or playbook. Bummer, I want Netflix and Hulu apps so I can take advantage of the sales on the PB.

https://twitter.com/Netflixhelps/sta...38692086480896
    02-23-12 09:07 PM
    Just said no current plans. Doesn't mean it will never happen.
    02-23-12 09:12 PM
    Time to cancel my netflix acct.
    02-23-12 09:15 PM
    I have to say netflix is no loss. The content on netflix is so lame I canceled my subscription after a few months. My wife thought it was a waist of a good $8. The only one who benefitted from netflix in my house was my 4 year old who was watching barney.
    baysed408, kinmui, CDM76 and 1 others like this.
    02-23-12 09:17 PM
    I am so tired of Netflix and there lousy service...

PG
    02-23-12 09:18 PM
    So how much did Apple pay them to not support it?...
    02-23-12 09:20 PM
    Yeeeee! goooood...netflix sucks
    02-23-12 09:22 PM
    So how much did Apple pay them to not support it?...
    That's what I was thinking... I mean, isn't the idea to make your services available to the widest audience possible? If. Don't think RIM could make it much easier for developers to come on-board. I can understand Skype, they don't charge the end users for their services, but Netflix has paying customers that could potentially grow. Especially considering that now they charge you extra when you use multiple different devices.

Someone must be making deals with them to postpone he release of their application on the PlayBook. Or am I missing something here; DRM?
    KMB4 likes this.
    02-23-12 09:28 PM
    I canceled Netfix not long after i realized its not what its cracked up to be. Old lame movies that suck.
    02-23-12 09:33 PM

Tell them you want it, flood their timeline with nothing but Tweets to it.. they'll either start blocking ppl (bad customer service) or they'll have to at least consider the options. lol
    sagec, rrrebo, cookie20 and 1 others like this.
    02-23-12 09:44 PM
    Done. Please RT.
    02-23-12 10:34 PM
    Don't see what the hype about Netflix is anyway. It's selection is absolute JUNK.

Couldn't care less, actually surprised they're so popular considering their LAME selection.
    Snap51 likes this.
    02-23-12 10:35 PM
    Don't see what the hype about Netflix is anyway. It's selection is absolute JUNK.

Couldn't care less, actually surprised they're so popular considering their LAME selection.
    Can you name a better alternative that IS compatible with the playbook?
    02-23-12 10:49 PM
    I couldn't care less....netflix is sh....t anyways....I have it on my TV...subscribed for a month...cancelled less than a week later....nothing useful for me...

but it would disappoint a lot of people who love it I bet you....
    02-23-12 11:18 PM
    Frack Netflix. Only an unplanned company would not launch its products globally or across all platforms. They can kiss abb
    02-23-12 11:24 PM
    Who cares blow up the twitter account even if u dont use netflix, any company that doesnt want to support playbook can get spammed by everyone that owns a blackberry. I didnt like netflix before, now i really wouldnt waste my money.
    02-23-12 11:25 PM

Tell them you want it, flood their timeline with nothing but Tweets to it.. they'll either start blocking ppl (bad customer service) or they'll have to at least consider the options. lol
    Lots of people are starting to do this it would be nice if it continued to gain support. lots unhappy blackberry users.

I don't use netflix myself but i think its garbage they wont support the playbook so i joined the cause. everyone else should too
    erodenero likes this.
    02-23-12 11:27 PM
    Done tweeted them about it. Hopefully they will re-consider.

In the mean time Crackle works just fine. Bad selection right now but it will come in time.
    02-23-12 11:38 PM
    Tweeted... Hashtag it with #bebold
    02-23-12 11:40 PM
    That's what I was thinking... I mean, isn't the idea to make your services available to the widest audience possible? If. Don't think RIM could make it much easier for developers to come on-board. I can understand Skype, they don't charge the end users for their services, but Netflix has paying customers that could potentially grow. Especially considering that now they charge you extra when you use multiple different devices.

Someone must be making deals with them to postpone he release of their application on the PlayBook. Or am I missing something here; DRM?
    You are certainly missing something here. Did you even read the communication from Netflix? People really should check the paranoid conspiracy theory stuff at the door and just look at the facts. They made a reasonable business decision based upon their own priorities. It really just says that they don't view the Playbook as having enough of a market sector to make it worth supporting. Reality is when your market share gets lumped in with other that is what you can expect. These are just simple business decisions and a fraction of a percent of subscribers is not something on which to spend money. As a virtual non-player, RIM would need to make worth Netflix's while to put something together. BTW, the same is true for many Android tablet makers. They have access to Netflix because Android (cumulatively) has enough market share, not because the Toshiba Thrive or Acer Iconia has enough market pull on its own.

I am sorry to break it to people but the Playbook is not competing with the iPad and Apple is not bribing companies to stay away. There is a good reason why Apple is suing HTC, Motorola, Google, Samsung, etc., but not RIM. All of the above are tied in one way or another to Android, which has Apple's attention sincce it is taking marketshare, whereas RIM is (at best) a footnote on a page. Once again, if the Playbook's full web experience included Silverlight support, there would also be no need for an app in the first place....
    vrs626 likes this.
    02-23-12 11:46 PM
    I have an idea.

Rather than just cancelling accounts over this, what if we all put them on hold until the same date?

They'd stand a better chance of noticing if a number of accounts were held until specific dates continually shared across all account instead of just cancelling the accounts outright.

The billing stops, but they get to see a number of customers with their billing held to synchronized dates. Otherwise how can they get feedback? They've got no way of knowing if someone is leaving just because they think NetFlix sucks or because they've got a PlayBook they're refusing to support.

PlayBook = Avro Arrow
    erodenero and joski like this.
    02-23-12 11:58 PM
    You know, I dont even use netflix, and still, this is really starting to me off.
    02-24-12 12:46 AM
    I canceled netflix. It's not about conspiracies or anything else. If something fails to suit my needs, I'll cease using it until it does, or find an alternative.
    joski likes this.
    02-24-12 01:33 AM
    I also just phoned in and cancelled my Netflix.The guy told me that since it is a "dying" platform that they have no plans on releasing an app.
    02-24-12 01:43 AM
    You are certainly missing something here. Did you even read the communication from Netflix? People really should check the paranoid conspiracy theory stuff at the door and just look at the facts. They made a reasonable business decision based upon their own priorities. It really just says that they don't view the Playbook as having enough of a market sector to make it worth supporting. Reality is when your market share gets lumped in with other that is what you can expect. These are just simple business decisions and a fraction of a percent of subscribers is not something on which to spend money. As a virtual non-player, RIM would need to make worth Netflix's while to put something together. BTW, the same is true for many Android tablet makers. They have access to Netflix because Android (cumulatively) has enough market share, not because the Toshiba Thrive or Acer Iconia has enough market pull on its own.

I am sorry to break it to people but the Playbook is not competing with the iPad and Apple is not bribing companies to stay away. There is a good reason why Apple is suing HTC, Motorola, Google, Samsung, etc., but not RIM. All of the above are tied in one way or another to Android, which has Apple's attention sincce it is taking marketshare, whereas RIM is (at best) a footnote on a page. Once again, if the Playbook's full web experience included Silverlight support, there would also be no need for an app in the first place....
    You need to read it again. I agree that its a far fetched idea that Apple or anyone else is paying them off. Netflix is not supporting an app for BB in ANY form, not just the Playbook. They released an app for WP7 before it was a threat to any Mobile OS out there and that's with the poor history MS has with mobile. Silverlight has nothing to do with it, iOS does not support silverlight either and iOS carries less of a web experience when it comes to browsers.

Who Apple is suing really isn't relevant to why Netflix is not on BB devices either, don't know why you threw that in there. If it all comes down to a viable market then RIM sure as s**t has one, I think there is more to the story than install base and staying power.
    02-24-12 03:32 AM
91 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD