I am currently using two different Playbooks and although one of them will show me that I have app updates available while I am in APPWORLD, the other one doesn't show that I have any updates at all even though updates are available. I am just wondering if any of you have experienced this type of situation and if there is a way to fix it.

Thx
    05-17-11 08:04 PM
    To date, after some 40 apps installed - some free and some paid - I have never once received a notification saying that there are apps available to be updated. Owned the Playbook since the first day it was released. I figured that this option wasn't yet available with the current OS.
    05-17-11 10:25 PM
    Resetting the appworld cache may help.
    start it, swipe from bottom left to center to pull up keyboard and type 'rst'.
    A popup will appear saying the cache has been reset.

It's important to start it, not touch ANYTHING else but that one swipe and the 'rst' or it won't work.
    05-17-11 10:30 PM
    the 1.0.5 update brought notifications to the home screen. i received them at first but i no longer get any notifications. i have to go into appworld so see if an app has an update.
    06-18-11 09:29 AM
    I got a notification just this morning - Air Browser.
    06-18-11 09:58 AM
    After updating to 1.0.5, I received notification for 4 apps. And then, whenever I restart my PB, I would receive the same notifications! And Even I have all the updates installed! Strange thing.
    06-18-11 10:35 AM
    I think there is a delay between getting a notification and seeing that there is an upgrade available when logging onto AppWorld. As with alot of the Playbook features, this is another half hearted attempted by RIM to release a feature that doesnt work as it should. In terms of delays, im noticing notifications for upgrades anywhere from one hour to eight hours.
    06-18-11 10:43 AM
    I got a notification just this morning - Air Browser.
    i saw that update when browsing thru app world this morning as well but i never got the home notification.
    06-18-11 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD