hey guys,

i am really disappointed that the playbook does not include the music market and the podcast app in central europe.

can anybody tell me reasons for that? in all official forums users from france, germany, austria and so forth complain about that but no statement from rim.

it really sucks that u cant even download any navigation app from the appworld. it always just says not available in your current device version...

same as for the app vevo and some others!
    i am holding a device in my hand that has so much potential but i cant use half of it,doesnt that suck?
    08-12-11 04:31 PM
    i think it is all because of legal and copyright issues...
    08-12-11 04:47 PM
    and i think it wont get any better, when i bought my 9800 torch there was the app on it but it does not work and never did...i thing ill share the same destiny with this device...

if there was a podtrapper for the playbook...i bought it for the torch and fell in love with it...so damn nice...but not even one podcast app availabe alternative in the market for pb...so sad
    08-12-11 04:50 PM
    I am a UK resident who has just returned from a 2 week trip to the United States. While I was there, my Playbook decided to download/update itself to include Vevo and Podcasts which I didn't have before. Now that I have returned home, these apps are still working for me with no problem. It's a shame these apps are included for all users though
    08-12-11 05:18 PM
    No soup for you!
    08-12-11 06:26 PM
    well that seems to be one way to do it but I rather buy 3 Playbooks and accessories before i fly over just to update ;-)

No soup for you!
    What does that mean?
    08-13-11 12:27 PM
    As stated: Copyright and distribution issues. It's quite common.
    08-13-11 12:35 PM
    There is app in Appworld called Podcastmrg. It's not the best.
    08-13-11 12:38 PM
    what about trying to use a proxy? does this sort of thing work?
    08-13-11 01:33 PM
    well that seems to be one way to do it but I rather buy 3 Playbooks and accessories before i fly over just to update ;-)

What does that mean?
    I'm glad you asked about the soup, I'm wondering what it means too. Especially since I like soup. And now someone is telling me there's no soup for me?! But whyyyy? lol
    08-13-11 01:37 PM
    Seems to be a Seinfeld thing...if he means that.

So what he tries to tell us is: NO APPS FOR US POOR europeans hrhr

edit: got every app with proxy so far. Only thing i cant find in the market is the podcast app itself.

can anybody in the us check if he could search and install the podcast app in hier appworld?
    08-13-11 01:47 PM
    I'm glad you asked about the soup, I'm wondering what it means too. Especially since I like soup. And now someone is telling me there's no soup for me?! But whyyyy? lol
    It's from a popular television show in the states called "Seinfeld". One episode had a character who had a soup kiosk. The soup was so good that long lines formed and it was very trendy. The character also had a volatile personality and if any trendy customers would say or do the wrong thing, the "Soup Nazi", as he was refered to, would refuse to serve them, often yelling "No soup for you!".
    08-13-11 01:51 PM
    and 3 dollars for bread... lolz watched it now :-)
    08-13-11 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD