Greets all. Coming to you live from my spankin' new PB
    So, I am getting used to everything and have played with Bridge. All good.
    What I don't get is that I have no app world. I tried to download it off the Blackberry website and the touch version of the site always loads. When I tap the link to dl app world it stays on the original page. This is new out of the box, picked it up at Radio Shack. What do I do?
    02-04-12 11:04 AM
    I posted this in another thread. I think there is a problem with the update servers.

Just tried playing around with my old Playbook that I debricked yesterday to get to the base OS. Rebooted it, went through the setup process, not needing an updated since it was on the latest os. All the base apps were there when I finished setup. I then decided I didn't want to put my same BlackberryID on two Playbooks, so did a security wipe.

Setup with new BBID and there are no apps but the Browser and setup icon. I figured this was as a result of the security wipe, but I think I may be wrong. Usually after a security wipe and the setup, it will download a smaller update 30-40mb. This time it didn't, so no apps. Figuring it may have been just a glitch, I tried the debrick method, I get the software is up to date message like you.

Here is my wishful thinking, the update servers are down, either for maintenance or to put OS2 on them. They were working for me yesterday when I setup a new Playbook and debricked this old Playbook that will not update today.
    02-04-12 11:10 AM
    I also just hopped onto the official BB support forums, and in the last two hours there are 7 other people who just unwrapped a PB and also have no icon for app world. Something mighty odd going on.
    02-04-12 11:18 AM
    This is brutal. I have the same issue.. no app world, no camera... just called the tech support and they are saying that they have an issue with their server?! He said to do wipe in few hours and than overnight if this isnt working....
    I am getting tired of RIMs outages...
    02-04-12 12:40 PM
    Well I just clicked on my App World icon and up it came! There is no outage!

As to there wouldn't be an App World icon, I don't know. Did the software update successfully?
    02-04-12 01:09 PM
    Well I just clicked on my App World icon and up it came! There is no outage!

As to there wouldn't be an App World icon, I don't know. Did the software update successfully?
    It is not appworld that is not working, but the update servers.

Typically with a security wipe or a new Playbook, there is a base OS and then using your location, a set of apps specific to your region. This second part is not being done, so the Playbooks have no apps but the web browser and setup app.
    02-04-12 01:16 PM
    Yep, confirming here in the UK too, I just got a new BB Playbook about two hours ago, and I'm having the same issues. Was being notified of updates, couldnt load App World. Did a security wipe like advised, now I just have the browser. Pretty useless to be honest.

I'm eagerly following threads to see when things are working again.
    02-04-12 01:42 PM
    It is not appworld that is not working, but the update servers.

Typically with a security wipe or a new Playbook, there is a base OS and then using your location, a set of apps specific to your region. This second part is not being done, so the Playbooks have no apps but the web browser and setup app.
    Thanks. I realize there's an issue with update server, but the OP in this thread and the first couple of posts had to do specifically with App World, hence my response.

I can see now, though, why the OP might not have had an App World icon. I did ask if his/her software update had been successful but he/she hasn't yet responded.
    02-04-12 01:51 PM
    Servers should be up in just a few hours ... they are working on it.
    Last edited by jafobabe; 02-04-12 at 02:38 PM.
    02-04-12 01:56 PM
    Glad to see this thread as i just got a playbook last week and got my aunt one today. Hers is not only missing app world but also says no OS system update even though i can see mine is a later update than hers shows. Her new one is also missing video chat and all email apps like hotmail, yahoo ect that mine came with. Hope this updates soon.
    02-04-12 02:00 PM
    Right, I've just connected my BB to my PC and the app has asked me to update, which I am currently downloading. It is VERY slow but it is on its way.
    02-04-12 04:28 PM
    register your playbook online or call blackberry tech support and register over the phone - it's 24/7 - and get your 'complimentary' 90-day tech phone support.

sorry, I don't have the humber handy, get it off the blackberry website. 'hope it all works out to your liking.
    02-04-12 05:22 PM
    I think they are fine again. I was having ALL of the issues that are being posted here and on the BB forums, I've just finished installing that update and all my apps are there, including app world. All seems well again
    02-04-12 05:30 PM
    Sorry all, I work midnights and just got home a couple hours ago. Yes, as it turned out there was a server issue, and they pushed an update that gave me an appworld icon. Weird.
    02-05-12 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD