I understand what you mean and I agree.

I think in the case of PSX, a lot of the slow downs aren't specific to the PlayBook. I could be wrong, but it has a lot of games that work very well. I don't plan to dig much into it in terms of game compatibility besides merging changes possibly. I'd like to change the UI to cascades for when BB10 comes and add controller support and such when available.

For N64, I've done some quick poking around to see why it might be so slow for games like Zelda. It's nothing higher level like the input overlay, or audio. I'm reaching out to the touchpad dev to see how it runs on the TP to rule out Mupen specific issues. For me, Zelda OoT is almost playable with the sound off. (You've tried the (E) version on glesn64?) There is a LOT of code for these, and it takes a big commitment to really dig in and fix something. I don't have the experience to write something like this from scratch in any reasonable amount of time, but I can at least track down and fix issues. The next steps would be to update the Mupen specific code, or try and profile the app to see where the bottleneck might be. I'd also like to add a cascades UI to it.

For both projects, I've been super busy and haven't had the time or energy to devote to tracking down these issues. My full-time job is also dev work, so I'm already programming 8+ hours a day.

I will definitely try to fix these issues if no one else gets to it first. It just may take some time and patience.

In other news, I'll have a fix soon to toggle the Z button from the left side to the right.

EDIT: I've been told that the start of Zelda in the forest is one of the worst performing parts (~10fps with audio stutter) but it should be better in later parts. I'll try and test this if I get some time.
    Last edited by Catalystg; 07-25-12 at 04:25 PM.
    07-25-12 01:30 PM
    Thanks for this emu!! Very Cool - Question: how to we troubleshoot controller issues (either no controller found or controller pack full)

You mentioned earlier in this post that you can adjust the settings via /misc/N64/data folder and config file. But what change could you make?

Any suggestions are appreciated.
    08-19-12 09:43 AM
    Ahh, great emulator, played 30 games on it already. Although, played castlevania 64 and realized that the game freezes halfway through regardless of region or rom, where pc based emulators play it just fine all the way through. The biggest problem ive noticed was actually the fact that a lot of games do not recognize a controller pack- so you really cant save anything unless its save state. I am also curious about what to do when it comes to the config file where you can edit the controller pack... I tried it and got the same old cant save no controllerpack stuff. Your already working on movable buttons so thats awesome. I sure wish i was smart enough to help with the emulators. Thanks for psx and n64 though! Biggest props
    08-20-12 10:44 PM
    my emulator crashes on load up help i have the latest software
    11-02-12 12:50 PM
    Hey, I don't know if this is usual or not, I've tried multiple roms, but in ever single game I play, I get this wierd graphical glitch where certain odd images, such as title screen images, or images in selection screens for the most part are very blurry/fuzzy. Is this usual?
    11-07-12 09:30 PM
    Very interested but the titles i want to play will need a controller to be enjoyable. Anything surface in the bluetooth realm?
    11-08-12 08:28 AM
    wont let me change video plugins anymore which makes pokemon stadium almost unplayable. anyone know why it wont switch off of video rice? when i select the second plugin, it goes back to video rice when the game loads. I dont know whats wrong.
    12-19-12 07:02 PM
    Very interested but the titles i want to play will need a controller to be enjoyable. Anything surface in the bluetooth realm?
    They have added a gamepad API to BB10. This doesn't include xbox/ps3 controllers yet, but it does support generic BT/HID controllers. I plan to support this in my BB10 update.

wont let me change video plugins anymore which makes pokemon stadium almost unplayable. anyone know why it wont switch off of video rice? when i select the second plugin, it goes back to video rice when the game loads. I dont know whats wrong.
    Did this just happen all of a sudden? You make sure to uncheck rice after you check n64?
    Last edited by Catalystg; 12-21-12 at 10:07 AM.
    12-21-12 09:56 AM
    It started a few months back and has been prevalent everyone since. I do deselect video rice and select n64 then pick my game and the game loads up in video rice no matter what, I can't change it. This kind of killed the app for me . I have tried to reinstall it and that didn't even work. I can make a video if you want but I don't think that will help very much. Perhaps with the installation of a new update will fix it but it's not working correctly right now.
    12-22-12 07:33 AM
    Maybe a dumb question/issue, but I can't get roms to show up to be selectable when I launch the emulator. I launched it first, it created the file structure and the folder misc/n64/roms, and I put the rom .bin files in there, but when I start Mupen, I don't see any way to pick my rom. After a second or two of Mupen being open, the "roms" item on that startup menu goes from plain text to bold, but I can't tap on it, I can't see a list of games below it, nothing. And I have uninstalled and reinstalled it a couple of times to no avail. I've also tried with multiple different games (Mario Kart, F-Zero, Goldeneye, etc)

any ideas what's wrong?

thanks

EDIT: Is this a rom format issue? I've seen older shots of different versions of mupen using .v64 files. Does this version not support .bin type roms?

EDIT 2: Ok, I figured it out. It IS an issue of rom format. I renamed the .bin roms to .v64 and they show up and appear to work as well as they otherwise would. I got Mario Kart and 1080 snowboarding to work at least.

I had All-Star Baseball 2001 crash on startup, and Xtreme G (the first one) slowly chugs through some sort of gray screen before it froze on the copyright info screen. Fzero also works, but I have difficulty with trying to control menu options. I can't use either the analog stick or dpad buttons to select up or down (for example, to choose the "practice" mode.
    Last edited by The_Nemesis153; 12-23-12 at 04:40 PM.
    12-22-12 07:55 PM
    Hello i thought i would like to report some problems i have been having.
    1.unable to switch video plungins
    2.disable sound does not function
    3.playing mario kart 64 and super mario 64 causes the app the crash
    4.games like ssb is slow to the point where it is unplayable
    and help would be apperciated!
    05-31-13 09:03 PM
    I'm getting this problem when trying to play Majora's Mask. Has anyone successfully played Majora's Mask past this part?
    I have the same problem, same question. anyone?
    08-03-13 03:12 AM
    So this games work great on this emulator:
    Kirby 64
    Banjo Kazooie
    Super Mario 64
    Mega Man Legends
    08-04-13 05:25 PM
    Will you update this emulator now that bb10 will not come to the playbook? I want to play zelda on my pb...
    08-10-13 05:02 PM
    Hi, i enjoy this emu, and would like to know if you plan adding keyboard support, as for example retroarch? It would be so nice. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 10:14 AM
    Anyone had any luck with Super Smash Bros? It's pretty laggy for me.
    10-16-13 09:48 AM
    I love Mupen 64 and retro arch. Retro Arch works great on my z10 and linking 2 wii remotes is easy and works great. Plugging it into the HDMI port on the TV at work for a street fighter competition was legit. 2 questions. One about retro arch, and one about Mupen 64 any help would be appreciated on either question.

1. With retro arch on the playbook is it possible to link a wii remote? I can't get mine to be recognized by the blue tooth on the playbook. Supposing the playbook doesn't support a wii remote. Could I get a bluetooth keyboard to work with the emulator on the playbook?

2. With Mupen 64 for my z10 I can get 2 wii remotes connected and working in the game. BUT, what I press on the player one controller the command is used or both players. I can't map the wii remotes separate from each other. Both controllers control both players. Is there any way to solve this, or is it possible to connect a different blue tooth device, say a blue tooth keyboard and have 2 player that way? Maybe one person could have a keyboard and one has a controller, could that work?

Thank you in advance, I've really enjoyed your posts.
    12-20-13 11:46 AM
    muppen64 pb
    01-03-14 04:24 PM
    Update for Mupen64Plus on the PlayBook:

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...aybook-966439/
    anon(5597702) and Blackman91 like this.
    10-09-14 01:00 AM
144 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD