hey this doesnt work for me at all. after i load it and select it the screen pops up and then disappears. maybe cause i'm on .4869 rooted? any help or suggestions would be appreciated. thanks.
    Sorry, but do you have any roms installed?
    06-21-12 08:15 PM
    THPS1 and 3 didnt work at all for me, THPS2 is the one that loads to a screen. When you say takes a while to load, are you talking a few seconds or minutes ?
    06-21-12 08:17 PM
    i dont have any roms installed because the directory never gets created. it doesnt start. it just flashes briefly.
    06-21-12 08:21 PM
    Bummer. Probably need root
    Its sucks. This game is the only game I really want to play on N64. The characters sprites show up as black silhouettes during cutscenes when using Rice, and when using dynamic recompiler there are artifacts on the screen; when using gles the sprites during cutscenes and battles are translucent silhouettes and shadows, and the backgrounds are black, so during battles and some cutscenes you see nothing. It seems that certain layers aren't working properly, or something like that. I looked it up and RSP seems to have a problem with the jpegs in the game.
    06-21-12 08:21 PM
    THPS1 and 3 didnt work at all for me, THPS2 is the one that loads to a screen. When you say takes a while to load, are you talking a few seconds or minutes ?
    The biggest game I have (Resident Evil2) took almost a minute to load... But then it froze
    06-21-12 08:22 PM
    i dont have any roms installed because the directory never gets created. it doesnt start. it just flashes briefly.
    Put roms in /shared/misc/n64/roms and try again
    06-21-12 08:24 PM
    Its sucks. This game is the only game I really want to play on N64. The characters sprites show up as black silhouettes during cutscenes when using Rice, and when using dynamic recompiler there are artifacts on the screen; when using gles the sprites during cutscenes and battles are translucent silhouettes and shadows, and the backgrounds are black, so during battles and some cutscenes you see nothing. It seems that certain layers aren't working properly, or something like that. I looked it up and RSP seems to have a problem with the jpegs in the game.
    Bummer for sure. Let us know if you come up with a solution
    06-21-12 08:25 PM
    Put roms in /shared/misc/n64/roms and try again
    that directory doesnt exist. i went ahead and created it and put some roms in there and now it wont even flash. when i touch it, it doesnt do anything.
    06-21-12 08:35 PM
    I'm getting this problem when trying to play Majora's Mask. Has anyone successfully played Majora's Mask past this part?
    06-21-12 08:51 PM
    Hay catalyst is this the RSP-hle plugin from the mupen64plus release version 1.99.5? If it's not is there a way for me to insert this plugin without having root access? I have tried changing the file path in the mupen64plus.cfg file but it doesn't change anything when I do, so I apparently can't change this to point to the file if I put it under misc/n64/data or I would just do that. But the RSP-hle plugin from version 1.99.5 has the bugfix for my issue with the backgrounds, don't know if it will fix the sprites issue though.
    06-21-12 08:59 PM
    Congratulations and thank you very much, Catalyst.

I have tested a few games. Hybrid heaven for example, runs as smoothly and soft as a baby's , yet I find a problem. Whenever I want to start a game it checks for the controller pak and tells me it is already full....yeah..how can I modify the controller pak? Is there any controller pak being emulated, to begin with?

And it's such a shame that Ocarina of Time won't run...was looking forward to play it in Hi-Res :/

Edit: Now I'm playing Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness and it tells me there's a "Controller Pak abnormality" Any clues?
    Last edited by Symphoniker; 06-21-12 at 09:11 PM.
    06-21-12 08:59 PM
    that directory doesnt exist. i went ahead and created it and put some roms in there and now it wont even flash. when i touch it, it doesnt do anything.
    I guess it's possible it's the os. I'd try deleting and reinstalling the app
    06-21-12 09:13 PM
    I guess it's possible it's the os. I'd try deleting and reinstalling the app
    yeah i did that 3 times. even got the download from different places. oh well. i guess i'll stick to NES emulator for now. thanks everyone..
    06-21-12 09:17 PM
    hey this doesnt work for me at all. after i load it and select it the screen pops up and then disappears. maybe cause i'm on .4869 rooted? any help or suggestions would be appreciated. thanks.
    All I can say is try deleting all of misc/n64, deleting the app and reinstalling. If it doesn't launch, then I would assume it's the OS. Can't say for sure though. If you are rooted, you can check the log in the app's sandbox. Can't remember the path offhand. Let me know if you can't find it.

I'd like to hear someones solution for the terrible audio... Are you guys just turning the sound off???
    Some of the more demanding games have a lower framerate which causes the studering audio. I haven't found a solution yet.

Hay catalyst is this the RSP-hle plugin from the mupen64plus release version 1.99.5? If it's not is there a way for me to insert this plugin without having root access? I have tried changing the file path in the mupen64plus.cfg file but it doesn't change anything when I do, so I apparently can't change this to point to the file if I put it under misc/n64/data or I would just do that. But the RSP-hle plugin from version 1.99.5 has the bugfix for my issue with the backgrounds, don't know if it will fix the sprites issue though.
    The paths are being passed in at startup in the code so it will overwrite what's in the cfg. You can unzip the BAR and replace the libraries with ones ported to ARM built with the NDK. It will probably require other changes to the libs as well.

The code is fairly old. This was ported from the Touchpad version as of earlier this year. The next steps would be to merge in the latest code. It will be on my list of things to do. One step at a time.

Congratulations and thank you very much, Catalyst.

I have tested a few games. Hybrid heaven for example, runs as smoothly and soft as a baby's , yet I find a problem. Whenever I want to start a game it checks for the controller pak and tells me it is already full....yeah..how can I modify the controller pak? Is there any controller pak being emulated, to begin with?

And it's such a shame that Ocarina of Time won't run...was looking forward to play it in Hi-Res :/

Edit: Now I'm playing Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness and it tells me there's a "Controller Pak abnormality" Any clues?
    In the misc\n64\data\mupen64plus.cfg, you can alter what expansion pack is inserted in the controller under the [Input-SDL-Control1] heading.

PS. This file also has the Rice video plugin settings.

if Zelda OoT isn't running at all then it's an issue with your rom.
    Last edited by Catalystg; 06-21-12 at 09:45 PM.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    06-21-12 09:33 PM
    Great work with this port! It's worked pretty well for most of the games I've tested, and the video runs pretty smoothly.

I've noticed a bug in which if you tilt the analog stick to the far left, and keep sliding to the left, when your finger goes off the screen, the stick jumps to the far right. It makes playing mario kart kinda frustrating.

Also, is there any way to move the virtual buttons around on the screen?
    There isn't an easy way to move the buttons around. They are drawn on screen with GLES2 from an image. If someone has some different layout ideas, I plan to add the ability to switch between some preset controller configs.
    06-21-12 09:39 PM

The paths are being passed in at startup in the code so it will overwrite what's in the cfg. You can unzip the BAR and replace the libraries with ones ported to ARM built with the NDK. It will probably require other changes to the libs as well.

The code is fairly old. This was ported from the Touchpad version as of late 2011. The next steps would be to merge in the latest code. It will be on my list of things to do. One step at a time.

I take it that for someone who doesn't really know what they are doing this would be pretty hard? Probably better to just wait?
    06-21-12 09:48 PM
    I take it that for someone who doesn't really know what they are doing this would be pretty hard? Probably better to just wait?
    Yeah, it would be a good chunk of work probably. I was aiming for at least a working release before diving into that.
    06-21-12 09:53 PM
    Yeah, it would be a good chunk of work probably. I was aiming for at least a working release before diving into that.
    Shucks. Guess I will just have to play some PSX games until you decide to tackle that. Cool that you got it running though. And thanks for the PSX emulator too.
    06-21-12 09:57 PM
    Shucks. Guess I will just have to play some PSX games until you decide to tackle that. Cool that you got it running though. And thanks for the PSX emulator too.
    Glad you enjoyed them.
    06-21-12 10:27 PM
    Sweet super smash bros and goldeneye here I come
    06-21-12 10:37 PM
    Pokemon Snap won't let me use the analog stick once I enter a map. Works in all the menus though, anyone else experiencing similar issues?
    06-21-12 11:14 PM
    This is awesome and I do enjoy having N64 games on my Playbook but, it is very hard to play most games without a controller. This isn't a specific problem to this emulator because other then a few minor sound problems and a bit of lag sometimes it works beautifully. I just prefer an in hand controller, it is far easier to use. Is there a Bluetooth Controller that is compatible with the Playbook?

FYI the sound lag only happens on certain games, as well as the slower frame rate.
    06-22-12 12:10 AM
    I am experiencing the same problem with pokemon snap. Snap also lags quite a bit for me. Oot is unplayable right now, but I'm sure you're working hard and I don't really care about Oot so that's okay.
    Which plug in would you recommend for Super Mario 64? It works fine on both but I'm wondering which is better. Thanks so much for all your work!!
    06-22-12 12:56 AM
    Thank you so much for this emulator. It's awesome to be playing N64 on my playbook.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    06-22-12 02:06 AM
    Does it work with a BT keyboard?
    06-22-12 03:12 AM
144 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD