Just watched the "Momentum" IMAX movie through "NFB Films" free app on my Playbook. Screen never looked that Wow.
    Awesome fun guys, go check it out if you have not yet seen it.
    02-10-12 11:04 PM
    watching now! Thanks! Awesome video!
    02-10-12 11:23 PM
    Ya pretty sweet video
    02-10-12 11:25 PM
    Is there a trick to getting HD videos in the NFB app to play smoothly without the movie pausing every few seconds to load more of the video? Thanks!
    VanCity778 likes this.
    02-10-12 11:45 PM
    Worked fine here... maybe your wifi or internet is having a bad day.
    02-10-12 11:57 PM
    So glad I read this post, another example of how spectacular the video and sound quality is on this incredible machine, but what blows me away is that the sound quality is better than the perfect picture quality, and this video has been the best indicator of that fact.

My friends, family and myself, all owners of Playbooks often comment on the sound quality, I find myself in utter belief of how astounding the sound is, if this isn't considered surround sound from a tablet, I don't know what else could possibly be.

Just a side note to anyone that doesn't think this tablet isn't powerful, I'm typing this from my browser (which has 4 tabs open), have an IRC Client streaming in on two Playbook support channels and two private channels, with App World still open all the while the marveling how I can visualize everything that's occurring in the video "Momentum" swiping over every half minute or so to verify visually what I think I'm hearing.

update: Surround effect works best with Sound at at least 80% and you hold PB in your hands naked (no case/cover) and you can transductively feel the bass sound, I was wondering why my lazy arse buddy wasn't getting the full effect until I recalled how much work it would be for him to pull his PB out of the case and even the difficult task of holding it in his hands, then he may not be able to fall asleep while watching it, pity.
    Last edited by Carbonetics; 02-13-12 at 10:49 AM.
    playbookster likes this.
    02-11-12 01:07 AM
    Is there a trick to getting HD videos in the NFB app to play smoothly without the movie pausing every few seconds to load more of the video? Thanks!
    Usually when I'm having a video problem, I just restart the playbook by pressing the battery in the top right icon and pressing restart.

A restart will usually clear up and replay or performance functions. hopefully official 2.0 will clear up some of these issues that I have on occasion with 2.0 Beta.
    02-11-12 01:13 AM
    Awesome video, great sound! i love being able to take screen shots of HD video for my backgrounds.

Thanks for posting.
    02-11-12 05:45 AM
    It's ok. The NFB does some really lame docs. Some are ok. I had Super 8 on my PB. I thought that looked AMAZING. On the other hand Its nice to see a sold out Blue Jays game on Momentum.
    02-11-12 11:35 AM
    I'm having the same issue, most likely because everybody is trying to watch this video now on advise of this thread

Mike
    02-11-12 11:52 AM
    I'm having the same issue, most likely because everybody is trying to watch this video now on advise of this thread

Mike
    If you click on the "Watch Later" button (right next to Play) the film will take maybe 5 min to pre-load the film for you. Check out the status of the film in the "Watch Later: tab on the bottom of the screen.
    speedypear likes this.
    02-11-12 12:07 PM
    If you click on the "Watch Later" button (right next to Play) the film will take maybe 5 min to pre-load the film for you. Check out the status of the film in the "Watch Later: tab on the bottom of the screen.
    Oh, awesome. Thank you! I will give that a try later today.
    02-11-12 01:08 PM
    Beautifully shot in film, and the sound mixing is glorious. RIM should pull this video to advertise the superior sound quality of the PlayBook.
    One thing I would really love to see in the PlayBook is the ability to stream flash based HD videos in presentation mode, so we can take full advantage of the HDMI output.
    02-11-12 01:29 PM
    Do you guys watch via the NFB app or website...in my NFB player (app standard on PB) there is no "tab" located for the internet speed (quality). Am I missing something?!?
    02-12-12 01:21 PM
    Good find, I watched last night on the PB then connected it to our 42 inch screen. Still pretty awesome, but better on the PB.

@wietje I don't think your missing anything, I looked for that before and didn't see it either. They likely also have a web viewer with an internet speed option.
    02-12-12 03:32 PM

@wietje I don't think your missing anything, I looked for that before and didn't see it either. They likely also have a web viewer with an internet speed option.
    Thanks for clearing that out...thought that I needed some new glasses
    02-12-12 03:56 PM
    Just watched the "Momentum" IMAX movie through "NFB Films" free app on my Playbook. Screen never looked that Wow.
    Awesome fun guys, go check it out if you have not yet seen it.
    Thanks for bringing this up, it was great to watch. There's also a trailer for a documentary called "Pink Ribbons Inc" that I'd not heard of before. Cool stuff.
    02-12-12 07:14 PM
    Does anyone else get some corners fading to black while watching the video? Or is it my PB?
    02-13-12 07:07 AM
    Do you guys watch via the NFB app or website...in my NFB player (app standard on PB) there is no "tab" located for the internet speed (quality). Am I missing something?!?
    Seems like the internet speed "tab" may have been on an old version of the NFB, to get the HD versions of some of the movies, just press the "HD Channel" button at the bottom bar in the main menu. It's imperative to watch this video in that channel as even the sound is different in HD.

I'd also recommend having the sound up to 80% or greater for better effect. and don't watch it with tv, radio or in the background as for some reason I find even find a completely different experience when immersed without distraction.
    Last edited by Carbonetics; 02-13-12 at 10:45 AM.
    02-13-12 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD