Hey! I just got a PB with the convertible case for $85, mean to use it for Web browsing, video, etc. So far so good though the owner had the newer "no sideload" FW, and the lack of netflix is glaring.

The build quality is head and shoulders over the kobo vox I had before. The device is much more "locked down" than I am used to, coming from my android phone, but I think I can live with that. The multitasking rules, the screen is superb, and the native apps are surprisingly good. That appworld really is as barren as I heard. No netflix guys, really? With this wonderful screen? Also, the podcast app for would be great if I could add ones not in the database. So far so good!
    11-06-12 01:23 AM
    Hey! I just got a PB with the convertible case for $85, mean to use it for Web browsing, video, etc. So far so good though the owner had the newer "no sideload" FW, and the lack of netflix is glaring.

The build quality is head and shoulders over the kobo vox I had before. The device is much more "locked down" than I am used to, coming from my android phone, but I think I can live with that. The multitasking rules, the screen is superb, and the native apps are surprisingly good. That appworld really is as barren as I heard. No netflix guys, really? With this wonderful screen? Also, the podcast app for would be great if I could add ones not in the database. So far so good!
    You can add podcasts not in the database. Swipe down from the top f the screen, tap RSS and enter the podcast feed's URL. Even with that capability, the podcasts app is still awful, as are the third party options.
    11-06-12 01:30 AM
    the owner had the newer "no sideload" FW
    You can sideload with every incarnation of the Playbook OS, no problem at all. RIM did nothing to disable this feature.
    11-06-12 03:48 AM
    Welcome to CB and PB..
    11-06-12 04:35 AM
    No Netflix? What!
    11-06-12 05:08 AM
    Welcome, enjoy, don't worry so much about what it doesn't have. And enjoy what it has.
    DC506 likes this.
    11-06-12 08:19 AM
    For $85 I think I'd being doing back flips and just enjoying what it can do. I've loaded some movies on mine and they look gorgeous. I'm also an avid reader and have loaded a ton of books. Have fun!
    11-06-12 10:05 AM
    A few necessary apps for you to buy:

Files and Folders
    Kalemsoft Media Player
    Pdf Reader

And a multitude of games.
    11-06-12 01:38 PM
    if you're looking for an alternative to netflix, try crackle. it has a large catalogue (not as big as netflix, but enough content considering it's free) and is accessible via the playbook browser. it's ad-based so there's a few commercials here and there but never more than one at a time i think.
    11-06-12 02:38 PM

Welcome.. If you are into anything that requires you to attend meetings and stuff, you might find my app Meeting Minutes Pro useful. There is a free demo version available if you want to try it out first..
    11-06-12 03:05 PM
    $85 for the Playbook and case is a fantastic deal. Enjoy and have fun.
    11-06-12 05:34 PM