Hey! I just got a PB with the convertible case for $85, mean to use it for Web browsing, video, etc. So far so good though the owner had the newer "no sideload" FW, and the lack of netflix is glaring.
The build quality is head and shoulders over the kobo vox I had before. The device is much more "locked down" than I am used to, coming from my android phone, but I think I can live with that. The multitasking rules, the screen is superb, and the native apps are surprisingly good. That appworld really is as barren as I heard. No netflix guys, really? With this wonderful screen? Also, the podcast app for would be great if I could add ones not in the database. So far so good!
- 11-06-2012, 01:30 AM #2Podcaster, host of The DexterCast, an introcast for the Showtime series Dexter. Two of us have seen Dexter before, the other two are watching for the first time.
- 11-06-2012, 04:35 AM #4
Welcome to CB and PB..
- CrackBerry Genius
11-06-2012, 10:05 AM #7
- 2,236 Posts
For $85 I think I'd being doing back flips and just enjoying what it can do. I've loaded some movies on mine and they look gorgeous. I'm also an avid reader and have loaded a ton of books. Have fun!Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
- CrackBerry Abuser
11-06-2012, 02:38 PM #9
- 494 Posts
if you're looking for an alternative to netflix, try crackle. it has a large catalogue (not as big as netflix, but enough content considering it's free) and is accessible via the playbook browser. it's ad-based so there's a few commercials here and there but never more than one at a time i think.
- 11-06-2012, 03:05 PM #10
- By Chinasaur in forum IntroductionsReplies: 5Last Post: 04-08-2008, 10:06 PM
- By icancn2u in forum IntroductionsReplies: 7Last Post: 03-17-2008, 03:23 AM
- By krudedawg in forum IntroductionsReplies: 4Last Post: 04-15-2007, 02:58 PM
- By pinkdaisy226 in forum BlackBerry 87xx SeriesReplies: 10Last Post: 04-11-2007, 06:22 PM
- By tweedle-thumb in forum IntroductionsReplies: 9Last Post: 04-10-2007, 06:40 PM