Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By taz323
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Newby!

Hey! I just got a PB with the convertible case for $85, mean to use it for Web browsing, video, etc. So far so good though the owner had the newer "no sideload" FW, and the lack of netflix is glaring.

The build quality is head and shoulders over the kobo vox I had before. The device is much more "locked down" than I am used to, coming from my android phone, but I think I can live with that. The multitasking rules, the screen is superb, and the native apps are surprisingly good. That appworld really is as barren as I heard. No netflix guys, really? With this wonderful screen? Also, the podcast app for would be great if I could add ones not in the database. So far so good!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

Default Re: Newby!

Quote Originally Posted by Anjohl View Post
    Hey! I just got a PB with the convertible case for $85, mean to use it for Web browsing, video, etc. So far so good though the owner had the newer "no sideload" FW, and the lack of netflix is glaring.

The build quality is head and shoulders over the kobo vox I had before. The device is much more "locked down" than I am used to, coming from my android phone, but I think I can live with that. The multitasking rules, the screen is superb, and the native apps are surprisingly good. That appworld really is as barren as I heard. No netflix guys, really? With this wonderful screen? Also, the podcast app for would be great if I could add ones not in the database. So far so good!
    You can add podcasts not in the database. Swipe down from the top f the screen, tap RSS and enter the podcast feed's URL. Even with that capability, the podcasts app is still awful, as are the third party options.
    Podcaster, host of The DexterCast, an introcast for the Showtime series Dexter. Two of us have seen Dexter before, the other two are watching for the first time.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts

the owner had the newer "no sideload" FW
    You can sideload with every incarnation of the Playbook OS, no problem at all. RIM did nothing to disable this feature.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Welcome to CB and PB..
    Thanks,
    Sriman
    Meeting Minutes Pro - Become a Pro at attending, organizing, tracking, manging and distributing meetings
    Meeting Minutes - A 3 day trial version of Meeting Minutes Pro
    www.srimanapps.com
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,048 Global Posts

No Netflix? What!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    5,827 Global Posts

Welcome, enjoy, don't worry so much about what it doesn't have. And enjoy what it has.
    DC506 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,302 Global Posts

For $85 I think I'd being doing back flips and just enjoying what it can do. I've loaded some movies on mine and they look gorgeous. I'm also an avid reader and have loaded a ton of books. Have fun!
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
    CrackBerry Abuser

A few necessary apps for you to buy:

Files and Folders
    Kalemsoft Media Player
    Pdf Reader

And a multitude of games.
    CrackBerry Addict

if you're looking for an alternative to netflix, try crackle. it has a large catalogue (not as big as netflix, but enough content considering it's free) and is accessible via the playbook browser. it's ad-based so there's a few commercials here and there but never more than one at a time i think.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Welcome.. If you are into anything that requires you to attend meetings and stuff, you might find my app Meeting Minutes Pro useful. There is a free demo version available if you want to try it out first..
    Thanks,
    Sriman
    Meeting Minutes Pro - Become a Pro at attending, organizing, tracking, manging and distributing meetings
    Meeting Minutes - A 3 day trial version of Meeting Minutes Pro
    www.srimanapps.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin:s & Needle:s

$85 for the Playbook and case is a fantastic deal. Enjoy and have fun.