Hi all,

Today my Boggle game "Poggle" has been approved onto the Blackberry App World. There are two versions, as I have been reading that people prefer to have a trial version to look at to see if it's what people what. It is a Boggle clone with a 4x4 grid and a roughly 200,000 word dictionary of both GB and US words.

Please feel free to download it and have a go and I would welcome any feedback you might have, it's designed around what I thought best but any ideas I can put into later versions I'm more than happy to do. The next version is nearly ready which will allow you to have a "User Dictionary" to add your own words to.

It is written for Android and converted but we have been playing it here and all looks and works fine, It does work better in the 2.1 beta I think as the Android player in that version is soooo stable. That being said I am debating weather it is worth developing for Android or weather to just develop for Blackberry native and am currently leaning towards the latter with Adobe Air apps (I really really don't like Java LOL)

Free version:- Free Poggle Free - Download Poggle Free - Free Games from BlackBerry App World

Pro Version:- Buy Poggle PRO - Download Poggle PRO - Buy Games from BlackBerry App World

Anyway, enough of my rambling, Enjoy

Tim
    Last edited by thebaldconvict; 08-13-12 at 09:12 AM.
    Vorkosigan and bb624 like this.
    08-13-12 08:41 AM
    Good luck with your game.
    08-13-12 09:54 AM
    After a quick play I have a couple of questions.
    1. Is there any way to 'rejumble' the letters? I wasn't sure if this was a feature of the pro version but I couldn't see a way to do it in the free version.
    2. Is it possible to have it list all the words that you could have created?

These are 2 features that are on the Facebook version but I have no idea how difficult they would be to implement.

Other than that my first impressions are good. Nice graphics and sound and seems very smooth.
    08-13-12 07:41 PM
    Hi and thanks for your comments and ideas....

1. You can rejumble them now by pressing "Start Game" but it restarts the timer, and do you mean it would be preferred to jumble them mid game?

2. That's a good idea, but hadn't thought of doing that. I I'll have a look it probably wouldn't be that hard (he says)

Anyway, glad you like it.

Tim

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    08-14-12 02:52 AM
    I meant without restarting to the timer. Sometimes there just don't seem to be that many word combinations available. It would be nice to be able to shuffle the letters - even put a limit on it. So say 1shuffle on a 1minute game, 2 on a 2 minute game, etc.
    thebaldconvict likes this.
    08-14-12 07:00 PM
    Just tried it. It needs an intro, hints and tips. There may be one, couldn't find it.

Not sure of the objective, so will give up on it as I can't be bothered to figure it out.
    thebaldconvict likes this.
    08-14-12 07:32 PM
    Ok, new keep an eye out for the next version, but includes a change where the start game button is replaced by a shuffle button whilst in play allowing shuffling of the letters.

Will also put together a help screen with the rules including the points system :-)

Thanks for the feedback so far, the keep it coming....

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    08-15-12 02:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD