Hey all I found this site today and I thought I would share. It's a a tablet version of the Toronto Start Newspaper. They also have a Tablet version of Wheels. I will include both links Enjoy!!!

Http://read.thestar.com

Http://read.wheels.ca
    03-18-12 06:40 PM
    I opened the site
    & was told that the site was not enabled for my tablet. It is laggy & sections will not open. Doesn't seem to like the PB.
    03-18-12 07:47 PM
    It will initially say that your tablet may not be compatible, just click the link and go in anyway. This message does not come up if you use simple browser as Ipad, and will not come up again in the native browser after the 1st use. once going into the site via the playbook native browser, I found everything works fine. Keep in mind, The bottom left corner says Alpha 1.0 so the site may not be 100% performance wise.
    Last edited by Ntario; 03-18-12 at 07:56 PM.
    03-18-12 07:54 PM
    I checked the site and fall in love. It work like a dream for me.
    jordandrews90 likes this.
    03-18-12 08:12 PM
    The star is a rag.
    Riedle likes this.
    03-18-12 09:14 PM
    I like it. Works very well on my PlayBook. Thanks.
    03-18-12 09:18 PM
    Another fine example of not needing a dedicated app cause the native browser supports open standards.

Friend of mine with an iPad could not get it through his thick fanbois skull. I don't have a Scotiabank app on my Playbook, not because PlayBooks suck but because the browser is so compatible that the regular online banking website works flawlessly for me.

Not to say there are not glitches in the Playbook browser but in my experience owning an iPad 1, an Acer A500 Android tablet, a Kobo Vox and the Playbook I am 100% of the opinion that the Playbook browser is the most compatible.
    Last edited by ubermanx; 03-18-12 at 10:43 PM.
    03-18-12 10:40 PM
    Thanks for sharing those links, quite useful to me! I really like the toronto star web app, its very pretty good and cool. Works great for me and I love the reading experience a lot.

ipad app
    ipad game
    03-18-12 11:33 PM
    Same here. Been waiting for the Star to put out a BB app but this is even better!
    03-19-12 02:25 AM
    Glad to see some people are enjoying this as much as I am.
    03-19-12 06:40 AM
    this is awesome, love it
    03-19-12 10:02 AM
    This works great - and then I saw on the front page, the f**king idiots in my city of London rioting, as if they have Grand Theft Auto-mentality. I swear, what a waste of a generation. They should have all been killed, I don't even care - pieces of crap.
    03-19-12 10:06 AM
    This works great - and then I saw on the front page, the f**king idiots in my city of London rioting, as if they have Grand Theft Auto-mentality. I swear, what a waste of a generation. They should have all been killed, I don't even care - pieces of crap.
    the apps (can you call them this way) work great. as to London ontario. weird sitation to say at least. forrest city

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    03-20-12 06:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD