Hello all:

I wanted to announce the launch of my new app titled Bashbored Tasks for BlackBerry Playbook.

Here's the description for the app:

Features:
    - Manage multiple checklists, each capable of containing multiple tasks.
    - Tasks can contain sub-tasks (nest tasks).
    - Customize the order of tasks.
    - Check completed tasks.
    - Archive completed tasks to an Archive section underneath the task list.
    - Time of completion is automatically logged.
    - Backup/restore data to/from CSV files.
    - List of Checklists on the main screen are now sorted alphabetically.
    - Task order in a task list is now automatically adjusted if there is a conflict.
    - Auto-archive to text file when deleting a Checklist.

The cost is set at US $4.99 (adjust for your local market accordingly).

Purchase Bashbored Tasks for BlackBerry PlayBook now:
    Buy Bashbored Tasks for BlackBerry PlayBook - Download Bashbored Tasks for BlackBerry PlayBook - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    Free trial version:
    Free Bashbored Tasks Trial Version - Download Bashbored Tasks Trial Version - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    Last edited by squished18; 07-26-12 at 12:18 PM.
    xylitol likes this.
    03-16-12 02:24 PM
    Sounds interesting, but with these types of apps I'm usually hesitant to purchase without some type trail period. Just sayin.
    03-16-12 06:49 PM
    Well it looks great from what I can see. I have been looking for a task manager that I can use on my PB, 9900 and PC and syncs and works offline.

Keep going and keep us updated! Any developer that is on here wanting feedback is great in my (Play)Book
    03-16-12 07:11 PM
    Sounds interesting, but with these types of apps I'm usually hesitant to purchase without some type trail period. Just sayin.
    Hi Kozmo,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll add that to my (very long) to-do list.
    03-16-12 09:05 PM
    Well it looks great from what I can see. I have been looking for a task manager that I can use on my PB, 9900 and PC and syncs and works offline.

Keep going and keep us updated! Any developer that is on here wanting feedback is great in my (Play)Book
    Having the app sync across multiple platforms sounds like a great idea. I'll have to figure out how to accomplish that.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-16-12 09:10 PM
    Hello,

Version 1.1.13 has now been released. The new improvements are:

- the list of Checklists on the main screen are now sorted alphabetically
    - the task order in a task list is now automatically adjusted if there is a conflict
    - bug fix: archival of completed tasks - not all tasks were being archived previously

Cheers,
    03-19-12 08:29 AM
    Hello,

Announcing an update coming shortly. Version 2.0.6. Two new features!

1. Auto-archive on Delete: When deleting a Checklist, the data from the Checklist is saved automatically to a text file in the "/accounts/1000/shared/documents/BBTasks" folder. This way, you have a record of all the Checklists you have ever completed in the past. If you are required to have Annual Performance Reviews as part of your job, you will have a full record of all you accomplished in the last year.

2. Animations! When using the up/down arrows to change the Task order. Animations are used when Tasks are swapped.

The update has been submitted to BlackBerry App World for review. When RIM approves this update, it will be posted on App World.

Cheers,
    04-05-12 12:57 PM
    Hello,

Version 2.0.6 has been approved by BlackBerry App World and is now available.

Cheers,
    04-09-12 09:31 AM
    I would be very interested in this app if it had the following features:

1) The ability to create reusable checklists for things that you do on a regular basis. For example, I go to Mexico 3-4 times per year, and have created a related checklist in Excel - e.g. a packing list (camera, sunscreen, sunglasses, etc.), and a pre-trip to-do list (water plants, stop newspaper, call credit cards, do advance check-in, etc.). When I'm getting ready to go, I print a hard copy, and stroke things off the list as they are done. It would be great if instead of doing that, I could pull up a "master" template on the PB, rename / save the file (e.g. April 9, 2012), and check things off electronically as they are done. I would be able to use this feature for lots of other recurring things that I need to do, so it would be quite useful for me.

2) The ability to schedule tasks and create automatic reminders. It doesn't matter to me whether this was implemented through calendar integration, or via automated emails.

3) Integration with cloud storage (e.g. Dropbox, Google Docs, Sugar Sync) to facilitate data back-ups, as well as provide access to tasklists on those occasions where you don't have your PB handy. "Files & Folders" is a good example of an app that has successfully implemented this type of integration.

To my knowledge, none of the current to-do / task apps offered on App World (and there are many!) offer the above features. I'm currently using a side-loaded version of Remember The Milk, because it satisfies feature #2 & 3. I haven't figured out a way to create recurring checklists, though. Other disadvantages of RTM on the PB are 1) it's not a native app; and 2) there is no off-line version available.

If you could incorporate the above features into your app, you would blow the competition away. Please advise if any / all of the above requests are possible, and if so, how long it might take to develop them.

Thanks!
    squished18 likes this.
    04-09-12 10:20 AM
    Hi OT-Bound:

Thank you for your valuable input. I have sent you a direct message here on Crackberry, so just check your inbox. The features that you have mentioned are definitely ones that I have considered implementing.

Cheers,
    04-09-12 11:25 AM
    Update announcement coming next week. Stay tuned!
    nazreil25 likes this.
    04-13-12 12:17 PM
    Announcing version 3.0.1:

The key new feature added is sub-tasks, also known as nested tasks. If you move a parent task, all the sub-tasks will move with it. There is no limit to the levels of nesting.

Now available on App World.
    04-16-12 08:49 AM
    A new release has been submitted to App World. Update announcement coming by next week.

Need an app to get organized? Bashbored Tasks can help.
    Buy Bashbored Tasks for BlackBerry PlayBook - Download Bashbored Tasks for BlackBerry PlayBook - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    05-09-12 09:08 AM
    Announcing version 3.1.1, now available in App World:

- New button: Add Sub-tasks directly.
    - New button: Exit the app.
    - After conducting an Archive Completed function, the Order numbers are compressed to remove any gaps in Order numbers between Tasks.
    - When creating a new Checklist, the cursor is starts at the Description field.
    - The delimiter character for data exports has been changed from a comma to a bar "|" character.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...84852/?lang=en
    Last edited by squished18; 05-10-12 at 09:54 AM. Reason: adding details
    05-10-12 09:53 AM
    What did you code this in? HTML/CSS/JS using Webworks?

1. Drop price to $1.99

2. Offer a free trial period. I believe you can do this right through App World. Give people 15 or 30 days free. If they like it, and start using it, they won't mind paying for it.

3. Improve the design (i.e. REDESIGN) the app. It's okay if you're not a designer, find someone to collaborate with. This is a must. PM me if you'd like to work together, I'm a designer.

4. Put the list of top-level checklists down the side, or allow easy access to them by swiping from top down. If it already works this way, ignore my comment (I haven't purchased the app).

5. You don't need left and right arrows, moving up and down is fine as it will nest accordingly with each row it passes. Also, implement drag-sorting.

I'm always rooting for devs to succeed. Good luck!
    smweb likes this.
    05-10-12 09:32 PM
    Hi supraking,

Thank you for taking the time to take an initial look at the app.

I'll PM you about the first four points you raised. Regarding the fifth point, I'm not sure what you mean. I don't understand how I can do without the left/right arrows. Also, would you mind taking a moment to explain "drag-sorting" in more detail?

Thanks,
    05-11-12 08:19 AM
    Announcing version 3.1.12, now available in App World!

- New feature: Automatic weekly backup of data.

05-16-12 08:50 AM
    Coming soon...free trial version.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    05-18-12 10:12 AM
    05-21-12 07:42 AM
    A new release has been submitted to App World. Update announcement coming by next week.

Need an app to get organized?
    05-29-12 08:37 AM
    Announcing version 4.0.0, now available in App World!

- New feature: Templates! Now you can create copies of the same Checklist over and over again. Need to use the same checklist each time you pack for a business trip? Does your weekly grocery list have some items that don't change? At work do you find that you repeat a certain procedure over and over again? Use a Template so that you don't have to re-think these activities each time you do them.
    - After you create a new Checklist from a Template, you can still edit it just in case it needs a few tweaks.

Purchase Bashbored Tasks now:
    Free trial version:
    Free Bashbored Tasks Trial Version - Download Bashbored Tasks Trial Version - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

Please note that the free trial does not include the Templates feature at this time.
    05-30-12 07:19 AM
    A new release has been submitted to App World. Update announcement coming this week.
    06-11-12 12:40 PM
    Announcing version 4.1.0, now available in App World:

- new feature: added search/filter feature on the main screen to more easily find a Checklist

- bug fix: after adding a new Step in a Template, the d-Pad does not appear
    - bug fix: the Templates screen was not always scrolling to the active Step when the screen was displayed
    - bug fix: creating a Checklist from a Template results in a Checklist having a blank Description and duplicate records in the database

Purchase Bashbored Tasks now:
    Free trial version:
    06-13-12 09:07 AM
    A bit of help. Including the latest version I get a Javascript Alert each time I make any type of selection - please help as this is unbearable.
    06-13-12 08:24 PM
    Hi Kozmo,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll add that to my (very long) to-do list.
    Yea you should put that in your APP ; as a Task-to-do ! :P
    06-14-12 12:29 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD