I did a quick search, don't think this is a dupe. I just wanted to know if anyone else has seen this new spell check app. I thought it was kinda funny - even though it's depressing at the same time.

I have included a screen shot.

Come on 2.0!!!

Deathcommand and xweb10 like this.
    09-28-11 04:16 PM
    I doont see anithing wrng weet dees app. i am yousin eet now, and eet werkz as advurtised.
    Last edited by Newfangled Gizmo; 09-28-11 at 06:09 PM. Reason: spelleeng!
    09-28-11 06:06 PM
    I doont see anithing wrng weet dees app. i am yousin eet now, and eet werkz as advurtised.
    But which word in the app's description would be flagged by a spell checker? I bet you can't find one!
    09-28-11 06:28 PM
    The developer Infinite Appz apps have been discussed here before. They seem to have about 19 apps in appWorld.
    Look at their strange description for Translator for Backberry. It looks like they translated Chinese to English using a bad Google Translation .. huh? they are selling a translator!

If they are interested to make apps that are language based, they should stick with their native language. This is much like the guys who are pumping out run of the mill GPS local maps, without knowledge of the locales.
    Last edited by mandony; 09-29-11 at 09:23 AM.
    09-28-11 08:29 PM
    Yeah. I'm pretty sure English is not this developer's first language. Nothing wrong with that, but maybe he shouldn't be making spell check apps.

I see he's changed the app description in appworld. Still has several errors.

Ah well. Come on RIM! 2.0 2.0 2.0! I'm getting excited.

OH!!! By the way, somebody actually bought this app!!!!! WHO IN HIS RIGHT MIND BUYS A SPELL CHECKING APP THAT HAS SPELLING ERRORS IN THE APP'S DESCRIPTION?!?!??

Now THAT is funny.
    Last edited by BSFA2008; 09-28-11 at 10:50 PM.
    jmarkey77 likes this.
    09-28-11 10:47 PM
    Is it confirmed that 2.0 has spell checking?
    09-28-11 11:30 PM
    Is it confirmed that 2.0 has spell checking?
    CONFIRMED? Not as far as I know. But I sure hope so and it would look REALLY BAD if RIM still doesn't have spell check ready for the PB "re-launch". I'm also no expert and I'm not in the loop.
    09-29-11 02:24 AM
    WHO IN HIS RIGHT MIND BUYS A SPELL CHECKING APP THAT HAS SPELLING ERRORS IN THE APP'S DESCRIPTION?!?!??

Now THAT is funny.
    technically, there arent any spelling errors in the description shown, simply wrong words (much like all the funny autocorrect iphone pics).

also to be fair you would normally submit applications from your computer.
    09-29-11 05:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD