Figured I'd make a quick post about the latest apps I pushed to App World.
    There's two: Conservative Talk Radio, and Progressive Talk Radio. As the names imply, streams talk radio stations to your PlayBook (and eventually to your BB10 phones as well).
    The BB10 version of Conservative Talk Radio is available for anyone with a Dev Alpha.

Using Conservative Talk Radio, you can get access to all your favorite talk shows, and listen to commentators such as Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Michael Medved, Laura Ingraham, and countless others!
    Keep track of the elections and the latest political news, right from your BlackBerry.

It contains over 250 stations, organized by state, or ordered by Call Sign and Frequency.
    Also features a user customizable My State tab, so you can easily launch the list of stations in your state.

If you have any questions about the app, or if you have a favorite local station you'd like to see added, just let me know and I'll add it.
    Conservative Talk Radio is only $0.99.

Buy Conservative Talk Radio -Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    Buy Progressive Talk Radio -Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

*note: although these apps are political in nature, please keep the thread neutral and non-political (as per CrackBerry rules).
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 10-16-12 at 01:35 PM.
    08-23-12 09:41 PM
    OK, assuming that spelling is sufficiently non-political, you might want to get Laura Ingraham's name right.
    08-24-12 12:35 AM
    I'll buy it now, thanks.

And thanks for the flag wallpaper!
    Last edited by jamesharmeling; 08-24-12 at 05:01 AM.
    08-24-12 04:56 AM
    I think you should make equivalent application for the other political view.
    Altarocks likes this.
    08-24-12 06:01 AM
    It's a very real possibility, if this app does well I'll very likely do that.
    08-24-12 08:40 AM
    This knee liberal votes for equal time also!
    grover5 and Altarocks like this.
    08-24-12 08:45 AM
    Pushed out an update that fixed the Check for Updates button and should make the app launch a little quicker.
    08-25-12 06:59 PM
    Do you know if these stations will play outside of the US using this app?
    08-27-12 06:22 PM
    Do you know if these stations will play outside of the US using this app?
    I haven't tried, but they should. If they don't, you could probably use a proxy.
    08-27-12 06:24 PM
    Thread has been flagged for cleanup.
    People can disagree without needing to resort to being disagreeable, but regardless, CrackBerry isn't the place for political debate.
    08-28-12 01:48 AM
    I would definitely agree.
    But then "New Political Radio App for BlackBerry PlayBook" is NOT political?
    Me thinks this is the pot calling the kettle black.
    You exhibited political selection by presenting only one side of the isle.
    What did you expect?
    08-28-12 06:12 AM
    Can anybody help me out by pointing out any "liberal" type radio stations? Maybe that can be found on Nobex Radio? I listen to NPR every morning, but have never heard of any mainstream liberal type radio stations.
    08-28-12 06:21 AM
    Can anybody help me out by pointing out any "liberal" type radio stations? Maybe that can be found on Nobex Radio? I listen to NPR every morning, but have never heard of any mainstream liberal type radio stations.
    I believe the OP is working on such as app.
    08-28-12 07:44 AM
    Figured I'd let everyone know:
    It took a little longer than I expected it to (mostly due to overly demanding classes) but I just completed and submitted Progressive Talk Radio to App World. Barring any unforeseen approval problems, it should be available next week (at which point I'll update the OP with both download links).
    Altarocks likes this.
    09-14-12 01:16 PM
    Would be so easy SCrid - what are there - maybe 5, 10 stations out there? Just kidding!

Oh, well, at least if I keep paying for it, they'll always have NPR . . .

I'm in and I'm buying!

P.S. Thanks, and I'll avoid trying to tell you as an independent entrepreneur what i think you "should" do, but if it's not too late maybe you'll consider a suggestion? Double the price I pay for the conservative Political Radio App so the Progressive Radio App can be a give-away? Would only be fair . . . .
    Last edited by DocDRM; 09-14-12 at 04:06 PM. Reason: edited a line hoping to avoid deletion - meant in good natured fun, not as an attack. Hope it's taken that way!
    09-14-12 03:54 PM
    Great idea DocDRM and very fitting. The conservative app price can be doubled and those who want it will have to apply themselves (earning money to buy it) and the liberal app can be free after taking money from the sales of the conservative app.

Real life reflected in App World!
    09-14-12 04:02 PM
    Easy now guys.
    Both sides think everyone should take care of themselves when possible. The only real difference is the left thinks govt should step in when people can't, and the right thinks charities should (and of course there's the some super nut jobs on both sides that think no one should have to work or anyone who can't should starve).

I made Conservative Talk first because AFAICT there's a greater demand for conservative than progressive talk radio; entirely a profit motive.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    09-15-12 12:23 AM
    SCrid - been enjoying the app since I bought it a few moments after hearing about it. The graphics are great and, in particular, the icon looks just awesome!

As you always seem to do, looking forward to updates and added features. Not gonna give you a list because nothing I would LIKE is keeeping me from getting 100% satisfaction from the app, but I do have one request, if possible?

Is there a coding option to increase the baseline volume? This seems to be a PlayBook issue, rather than your app. For example - I like to use either my 9900 or PB "en suite" for music or talk radio when showering/getting ready and it seems the 9900 puts out SO much more volume than the PB, tested on same channels/both devices using Pandora/Slacker/iHeart Radio.

The only problem is the PB volume is not enough to be heard over the shower running, while the 9900 puts out plenty of volume. (a little hearing loss from 10 years of USMC (jets/Amtracs/LAV's/small arms/indirect fire weapons combined with many years around power tools and heavy equipment)
    09-17-12 10:29 AM
    Unfortunately no, volume is controlled by the PlayBook itself; at least in WebWorks I don't think there's a way to increase the volume.
    09-18-12 02:24 PM
    SCrid - been enjoying the app since I bought it a few moments after hearing about it. The graphics are great and, in particular, the icon looks just awesome!

As you always seem to do, looking forward to updates and added features. Not gonna give you a list because nothing I would LIKE is keeeping me from getting 100% satisfaction from the app, but I do have one request, if possible?

Is there a coding option to increase the baseline volume? This seems to be a PlayBook issue, rather than your app. For example - I like to use either my 9900 or PB "en suite" for music or talk radio when showering/getting ready and it seems the 9900 puts out SO much more volume than the PB, tested on same channels/both devices using Pandora/Slacker/iHeart Radio.

The only problem is the PB volume is not enough to be heard over the shower running, while the 9900 puts out plenty of volume. (a little hearing loss from 10 years of USMC (jets/Amtracs/LAV's/small arms/indirect fire weapons combined with many years around power tools and heavy equipment)
    Just listen to Rush, his hot air should enable the app to be heard over the hot air/steam created by your shower - just kidding!
    09-18-12 03:31 PM
    Just listen to Rush, his hot air should enable the app to be heard over the hot air/steam created by your shower - just kidding!
    I would, F2, but as a productive (read:self supporting) member of society - I seem to find myself showering and getting ready MANY HOURS before the 11a.m. to 2p.m. hours that he broadcasts here in Louisiana!

SCrid - what I figured the response would be - looks like 9900 w/ i Heart radio when showering early a.m. (usually some k-love or AirOne), but your app running on my 3rd Screen aka PlayBook in the dock on my desk while working - REPLACING the former practice of i Heart running as a pinned AppTab on FireFox.

P.S. - thinking about downloading the "sinistral" version of this app, too - just can't get enough Alan Colmes, Bill Press, Tom Leykis, Jim Hightower, Al Sharpton, et al.

PPS - True story - As a young 19 year old, married with a kid Marine at my first duty station Camp Pendleton, CA, I met a civilian guy that I became good friends with in the town where we rented our first apartment. Guy's name was Chris Grant.

I was relatively UN- or at least UNDERinformed about politics/government, etc, except that I knew when my parents struggled to make their way with 5 kids, they always looked INSIDE rather than outside for answers - started various antique shops (ne thrift stores!), homesteaded in northern British Columbia in the early 70's (I was 5 years old - no electricity, 90 miles to nearest town, water from a stream, bath in a round wash tub, one room schoolhouse, etc), started a wooden toy business when we left BC back to Texas, Dad started as a builder and remodeler, POINT being they were THOSE WHO DO!

Anyway, Chris Grant was the son of Bob Grant, a talk radio icon back in the 80's in NYC, who Rush credits for having an early impact on his career as he started his national show in the late 80's, and who is "credited" in the forward of Rush's old book from the early days of his career. I ended up doing a lot of volunteer work on some campaigns, became a trained speaker for the old school voucher initiative in CA in the early 90's - debating school district presidents as a young 20-something, and developed a lot of my "political" identity by my connection to Chris' dad, and also to Rush in the early days of his show. What was really cool was Bob Grant used to guest host for Rush back then, and he would have Chris on the show as his "left coast correspondent". Was pretty cool being "connected".

One of my earliest memories of putting my money where my mouth was came about when I did my 2ndtax return as a young Marine with a family. Filed my 1streturn expecting to get back a couple hundred bucks, but got a mailing from IRS that my return was wrong and they would be sending me a MUCH larger return to the tune of between $1000 and $2000. We cashed that check, but I didn't understand how I could get an income tax "refund" of more money than I had PAID IN!?!? By the time my second return filing, I got the same notice, and the bigger check, but to my young bride/young mommy's dismay, I refused to cash it, and after a few appointments at the local IRS office, I told them I refused to participate in collecting EARNED INCOME CREDIT and receiving a larger REFUND than I had paid in - I would take what was due me, and not a penny more? Had to fight this battle a few more times in ensuing years, but those early experiences have stuck with me and helped me develop what I think is the "right" political philosophy for me.

Whew - sorry for all that!
    Last edited by DocDRM; 09-18-12 at 09:58 PM.
    09-18-12 06:43 PM
    Well that makes you a better man than me Doc. I take my refund over what I paid in and use it to pay down my loans

Progressive Talk Radio was denied by App World. I'm trying to get it approved but they approval team isn't answering my emails.
    09-19-12 10:02 PM
    Darn I am part of the 47% if I was in the US of A.......not interested...
    09-19-12 10:09 PM
    Progressive Talk Radio is in App World. You can get it at Buy Progressive Talk Radio - Download Progressive Talk Radio - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World.
    Actually it's been available for a few weeks now but I forgot to update the thread
    I would like to say that the Conservative version has sold about 10x the copies that Progressive Talk Radio has in the time since Progressive Talk was released.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    10-16-12 01:37 PM
    Not sure what I am doing wrong bought this app downloaded and i opened it, it looked like it opened (the radio stationed looked like it was opening on the top) but after that no sound tried a few stations no luck-it does work with playbook correct?
    11-11-12 10:00 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD