Hi Everyone, just a quick update. According to the BBAW vendor portal the new version of Chromasphere is approved for Playbook (1.0.401) but I'm checking appworld and it still says its the previous version (1.0.361), so I'm not sure what's going on there!

Anyway, if you can update to the new version (1.0.401), you'll find the extra invert camera controls plus a new automatic camera system which should make control much easier. The chromasphere's default speed is also slower.

I've also optimised some of the shaders and squeezed a few extra FPS from the playbook.

I hope the new default settings will make it more easier to get into and enjoy the game than before.

Thanks for reading!

PS: I've now submitted a new revision - it's the same version as before but it should update properly this time and appear available for download once approved. Sorry for the wait!
    Last edited by redmotion; 05-22-12 at 03:26 PM. Reason: update on release
    Akuji_ism likes this.
    05-21-12 06:18 PM
    Been a while since the last update!

Version 1.0.600
    1. Mega-shards - save shard colour to buttons
    2. Many Levels updated to include new mega-shards
    3. Sound FX implemented (some levels have issues with sounds cutting out - I've determined the cause and it should be fixed in the next update)
    4. Replay system - replays saved for every level
    5. New Hints system
    6. Loading screen tips made simpler
    7. New UI graphics
    8. 2 New Levels (paid version)
    9. Level Sequence Revised
    10. Improvements to control
    11. Boosters (for jumping the gaps)

NB: Level 4-3 will be easier and flow better in the next update. I PROMISE it won't be long!

Enjoy!
    Akuji_ism likes this.
    08-27-12 03:28 AM
    Chromasphere v1.0.710

Out now!

Level 4-4 added to full version, lots of tweaks, fixes, etc! Enjoy!

Appworld Link
    wafa510 likes this.
    10-31-12 06:44 PM
    Chromasphere 1.0.8 has just been approved on Appworld.

It's only two changes:-
    1. It's a build with the latest SDK. (v2.1)
    2. There is also - what I hope is - a fix for an issue some users experienced where the game stops working and fails to load. (See this post: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...sphere-750409/ )

I'll be clear, I have not come across this issue in testing myself, but am trying to "guess" what it might be and tweaking the code accordingly, in the hope it will be resolved. I have several ideas as to what it could be, so I'm trying a fix for each in turn per update.

It may take several new versions to fix this properly as I am currently unable to test against this issue.

Worse comes to the worst I may have to limit the maximum time a replay can record per level as it's possible the gamesave data file might be getting too large and corrupting as a result.

For anyone still unable to play before or after the update, please accept my sincerest apologies for any frustrations and/or lost game saves you've experienced.

Many thanks,
    Jason.
    11-12-12 07:39 AM
    Version 1.0.850 is out now.

The startup crash after playing most of the game is now completely fixed. I've updated the GUI and all the menu screens to look nicer and clearer to understand.

If you have problems updating Chromasphere in the Appworld App because it doesn't show up, go to your apps list (installed or uninstalled) and press the "refresh" button in the top left hand corner. Chromasphere should then re-appear.

Thanks for reading!
    StampyBeaverbrook likes this.
    12-20-12 11:12 AM

Just wanted to post a quick update about Chromasphere for Playbook and BB10.

The latest version of Chromasphere now contains all the levels for the 4 worlds currently available to play. Check out the video above for glimpses of the these latest levels.

Also, I just updated the BB10 version to work with the new Q10 keyboard BB10 phone.

Thanks and enjoy!
    J.
    chaosdivine likes this.
    05-26-13 04:01 PM
    This is a very fun game. Great graphics too. Thank you Redmotion for still supporting the PlayBook...I appreciate your efforts.
    05-26-13 06:02 PM
    Just wanted post an apology to anyone with a Z or Q series device who has been unable to play Chromasphere for quite a while now. Somewhere along the line, the way BB10 handles the gyro readings was changed and it made Chromasphere unplayable.

I was unaware of this because until last week I hadn't updated my Z10 (because the last time I updated, it took me 24hrs and about 10 attempts to update it! I was a bit scared to go through all that again. I like my Z10!) On the Playbook it has always played fine.

Anyway, version 1.0.9650, now up on Blackberry World fixes this issue for Z and Q series phones.

Again, my humblist apologies for the long wait.
    06-02-14 04:31 AM
    I just purchased this game on my PlayBook. Thanks for supporting this device and BlackBerry. I hope to see continued updates.
    06-03-14 01:15 PM
    Just wanted post an apology to anyone with a Z or Q series device who has been unable to play Chromasphere for quite a while now. Somewhere along the line, the way BB10 handles the gyro readings was changed and it made Chromasphere unplayable.

I was unaware of this because until last week I hadn't updated my Z10 (because the last time I updated, it took me 24hrs and about 10 attempts to update it! I was a bit scared to go through all that again. I like my Z10!) On the Playbook it has always played fine.

Anyway, version 1.0.9650, now up on Blackberry World fixes this issue for Z and Q series phones.

Again, my humblist apologies for the long wait.
    Awesome! Thanks for your continued efforts! I was really excited to see an update for it on my PlayBook, even if it doesn't mean anything different there. Still lets me know you haven't forgotten about it!
    06-04-14 12:02 PM
    Nice looking game...im sold!! will purchase it when I got my hands on my playbook tonight. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 02:14 PM
    Many thanks to everyone for your support!

Chromaphere is now discounted until the 25th August. If you've not tried it yet, this is a great time to take a look!

Thanks again.
    08-10-14 07:28 PM
    Thanks for the update! It's a great game!

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    08-11-14 04:36 PM
    Can we still purchase games on BlackBerry World with Playbook?
    08-14-14 10:17 PM
    Really nice game!
    08-14-14 10:48 PM
    This is a fantastic looking game! How long did it take you to make it?
    redmotion likes this.
    08-29-14 08:45 PM
    Thanks Evan.
    It took just over a year (in spare time) to get it into a state I felt comfortable releasing (BB was the first market I uploaded to, although the android version was released first) and then approx. 8-12 months to get the last world of levels, end sequence done and tested plus extra polish like sound fx and bug fixes.
    Last edited by redmotion; 09-02-14 at 10:50 AM. Reason: extra info
    09-02-14 10:49 AM
    Thanks Evan.
    It took just over a year (in spare time) to get it into a state I felt comfortable releasing (BB was the first market I uploaded to, although the android version was released first) and then approx. 8-12 months to get the last world of levels, end sequence done and tested plus extra polish like sound fx and bug fixes.
    I guess it deserved it after all!

Well made game!
    redmotion likes this.
    09-06-14 07:15 PM
    Dropped the price to the lowest tier yesterday.

For Christmas!

Merry Xmas & New Year to everyone.
    dmlis and PlayBook UK like this.
    12-22-14 03:02 PM
    Dropped the price to the lowest tier yesterday.

For Christmas!

Merry Xmas & New Year to everyone.
    Thanks for the great PlayBook support, as featured on PlayBook UK!

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    12-22-14 07:47 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD