I'd like to introduce myself (hello! )and my latest game Chromasphere, a full 3d physics-based action/arcade game with a hint of puzzle for Blackberry Playbook. It's in Beta at the moment and will continue to grow and change over the next few months. It's up on the Blackberry Appstore so I can get feedback and improve the game as I work it to completion, so please try it out and hopefully enjoy it. But most of all, if there's something you don't like, something in a level, the menu, whatever; let me know. Thank you for your time.

PS: I'd like to thank Blackberry for the free Playbook, I love it. I hope to contribute as best I can to this community. Thanks for your time.

Youtube video (taken from android version - the Playbook version has much better quality graphics) :
    [CENTER][YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34Xg5v6vq58[/YT]

[CENTER]Do a search for "Chromasphere" in the Appworld search box.

[CENTER]Browser Link: Buy Chromasphere - Download Chromasphere - Buy Games from BlackBerry App World

(Pictures taken from Playbook version)

Features

• Roll the Chromasphere using tilt controls and full 3d physics engine!

• Get to the end of each 3d level within the bronze, silver and gold times to win medals!

• "Ghost" replay mode: an easy and fun way to improve your skills!

• Complete 17 3d Levels with many more to come! Keep an eye out for regular updates.

• Collect 4 colored shards to activate the Chromasphere colors then open colored doors, activate colored switches and cross colored bridges!

• Moving and rotating platforms! Plus more dynamic obstacle types to come!

• Touch-based Camera Controls: Swipe the screen left and right to move the camera. Pinch the screen in and out to zoom in and out.

If you love games like Marble Madness or Super Monkey Ball you should love this!

Keep the game updated - I'll be adding new features and levels regularly! I'm managing updates every 1-2 weeks with RIM's speedy(ish) approvals permitting. Next update will boost Playbook performance and frame rate (up to 10 FPS on some levels)

Graphics improvements, more music and sound effects are planned soon!

Enjoy!

Jason.
    Last edited by redmotion; 03-19-12 at 06:36 AM.
    03-15-12 06:05 PM
    Is there a demo?
    03-15-12 06:18 PM
    Looks promising.
    03-15-12 06:23 PM
    Looks great... Will check it out....
    03-15-12 06:26 PM
    I bought it, and I love it! This is the best implementation of this type of game for PlayBook that I've seen. I'll play it a bit more before writing up an app world review.
    03-15-12 07:49 PM
    Showed up as �2.00 in app world but only cost �1.00 almost didn't buy it at 2.00. Might put other potential customers off. Initial 30 seconds of play - wow the gfx are the best I have seen on the pb so far, havnt had a proper chance to really test the gameplay. Will do an app world review later.
    kdeckels likes this.
    03-15-12 08:10 PM
    Showed up as �2.00 in app world but only cost �1.00 almost didn't buy it at 2.00. Might put other potential customers off. Initial 30 seconds of play - wow the gfx are the best I have seen on the pb so far, havnt had a proper chance to really test the gameplay. Will do an app world review later.
    Good pick up! I was going to wait for some reviews before I grabbed it at $2 but seeing as it is indeed $1 at checkout I figured why not? Funny the difference $1 can make to potential customers, it really is chump change either way.

I'll write a review for App World and post my impressions here once I've had a go.
    03-15-12 08:27 PM
    There. I left a nice review in App World. One thing that I left out of the review though is a feature request. I would like the ability to simply have the tilt calibration occur automatically at the start of each level instead of having to manually go to the options and adjust a dial. This would not only be easier, but would allow for better calibration across BOTH axis. Just my opinion, so it didn't cut into the number of stars for the rating, but it is something I'd love to see.
    redmotion likes this.
    03-15-12 08:36 PM
    Just saying thanks to the developer for coming on here and letting us know about the game. Downloading now. Also, as another poster sayd, the list price is $1.99, but it bills as .99 cents. Would have bought it either case
    redmotion likes this.
    03-16-12 12:44 AM
    I would like the option to control the camera from instead of swiping it is done from which ever side the screen is being touched then the camera rotates that way, that is the only thing I have found so far. Great to see developers on the forums!
    redmotion likes this.
    03-16-12 03:30 AM
    Thanks everyone for such a warm reception. Neil Burlock (Solar System Explorer) had such good things to say about Playbook, so I had to jump in try to get one in the Blackberry Playbook offer! It's so nice to work on a platform where you know your app will appear the same for every user.

@helsinki98: Funnily enough that is exactly the camera control system I used with the app during development, I just found that people seemed more inclined to "swipe" so I changed it. I will do my best to add this back in within the next few updates. I'll put an option in the options screen. "Camera control > touch/swipe". And thanks for the exceptionally kind words regarding the GFX.

@Jean-luc_Picard: many thanks for the positive review on Appworld, it means a lot to me! I will continue to tweak the calibration options. I can add in a sensitivity option for both axis', plus something to read the tilt at the beginning of each level.

I basically took a lot of these options out because I thought people might get confused by all the options, but I'll happily add them in if it will improve the game for you.

In regards to the price, I've no idea what's going on! I initially put it up for 1, then reconsidered to 2, just to test the water. However, it seems the displayed price hasn't caught up with the actual price so I've now put the price back down to 1 unit of currency (that's just how blackberry appworld seems to work unfortunately �1 = $1 = 1euro). I just hope the charged price hasn't now switched to 2... Please let me know if it has. Undercharged is a nice surprise, overcharged is a nasty one.

Don't forget that when you finish a level, press REPLAY and you can race your previous self and see if you can beat your last playthrough. I will also be looking at an option for recording and storing all replays for all levels (it may or may not work, so this is at R&D stage only and not a promise at this time).

Thanks again.
    Jason.
    nazreil25 likes this.
    03-16-12 05:00 AM
    On the camera thing maybe a fixed camera which follows the player similar to the camera used in super mario 64 might be good. The current system throws me completely, might just be me but it seems quite a steep learning curve.

While the graphics are nice I think the textures could be modernised a bit. Please consider this as constructive criticism or my own stylistic opinion. The menus remind me of windows 97/nintendo 64 in presentation and visual appearence, the stone affects on buttons and text could be polished or changed I would have gone with a more modern style, yet quite simple in appearance so not to cause any hardware issues. Something like a mix between edge in visual appearance would look really nice imo. To me it looks dated but feels modern in gameplay.
    03-16-12 06:05 AM
    Hi there,
    I'm currently downloading the game,but beware, when i tried to go with QRCode its says to me that the app is not take in charge by my device.Going and typing it through the app world i was able to download and install it.
    nice splashscreen redmotion by the way!will try it after and give some updates.

Thks!!
    03-16-12 06:42 AM
    I basically took a lot of these options out because I thought people might get confused by all the options, but I'll happily add them in if it will improve the game for you.
    An easy solution to this would be to put in an "advanced options" menu. That way those who care have tons of options and the average technologically inept person has volume controls and a couple of other things.

Also, since people were talking about camera controls, I thought I'd mention that a sensitivity option would be nice. I feel like I have to swipe way too much just to move the camera to see my next move.
    lwaysluking likes this.
    03-16-12 07:56 AM
    Wicked cool app. Well done. I have only had a chance to play a couple of levels but game play is very smooth, graphics are crisp. Well done. One thing I noticed though is that with the shards, if you miss one and have to go back, all of them show up. Not sure if this is by design or not. I personally find the swiping to change camera view cumbersome. Great job. I look forward to finishing these levels and future updates.

J...
    03-16-12 09:07 AM
    Awesome! i love this type of game. Definitely buying it tonight
    redmotion likes this.
    03-16-12 09:24 AM
    Awesome!
    I wrote somewhere here on this forum that an awesome game (retro) would be to port Marble Madness from Amiga/EA...
    This kicks !!!
    redmotion likes this.
    03-16-12 12:11 PM
    Welcome fellow Shiva developer

Love the game
    lwaysluking and redmotion like this.
    03-17-12 09:21 PM
    I love this game! (Very nice choice of environment music too- "newage-y", almost mesmerizing!).
    There is no doubt in my mind that developing native code for the Playbook is the most awesome route to take. The author of this game and Neil B. saw that too. This game is fluid, with beautiful rendering of the surrounding world. Very responsive (though I can't help wondering if the perspective camera's response would improve with a little virtual joystick or something-not sure though).
    Thank you Redmotion. I'm really looking forward to your continued enhancements!
    Neil B and redmotion like this.
    03-17-12 10:17 PM
    Looks like the game "SwitchBall". It's on my PS3.
    03-17-12 10:53 PM
    @Neilb/lwaysluking: cheers!

Looks like the game "SwitchBall". It's on my PS3.
    Yeah, I know that one, but I think it goes way beyond what the average mobile device can do in terms of graphics and physics! It also plays and looks like an older game called "Ballance". Both have much longer levels and even if they could be done, I don't think that would suit everyone on the move!

Cheers. Update coming soon!
    03-18-12 03:29 AM
    Really nice game. Very pretty and the sound is terrific.
    redmotion likes this.
    03-18-12 08:14 AM
    Looks like a really nice game, it's on my todo list, god knows when I'm gonna start working with all these games to play lol
    redmotion likes this.
    03-18-12 08:25 AM
    Just bought this game twice for the two PB's we got here.
    I love it, it remembers me the vintage arcade game Marble Madness
    redmotion likes this.
    03-18-12 08:49 AM
    Ok, who's gonna take care of the nervous breakdown I just got
    03-18-12 08:58 AM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD