12-12-12 05:33 PM
Hope its ok to announce new apps/games here - I was told it was... so my apologies if this is too spammy.
We just launched our first Playbook game Acceler8 - a 3D off-road racing game - on App World. Hopefully some of you might be able to check it out
Please feel free to leave feedback - developing for Playbook was great (RIM have really gone out of their way to support developers), and we really hope BB10 can lead to a bit of a Blackberry resurgence. We'd love to hear feature requests too (though please be aware that we're pretty much a one-man development team right now, so don't really have the resources of say, Gameloft!)
Thanks to those who've already bought it!
Daniel09-04-12 01:59 PMLike 5
- This is definitely the appropriate place to post, and maybe one of the better places to advertise. It lets us know that unlike other developers, such as Gameloft, we as users have support and a place to give feedback. It also convinces some people who may have been on the fence about purchasing, that this game might be more worthy of their money on the human aspect.09-04-12 02:38 PM
- Thanks for the warm reception - makes a nice change from some of the comments we see on Android(!). Glad you're enjoying the game!
We're looking forward to hopefully bringing more titles to Playbook soon (and BB10, when it arrives/when we can get our hands on a developer device)09-04-12 05:11 PM
- This is a great game. Thanks for bringing it to the PB.
I just discovered that you can drive underwater on Paradise Island - that is awesome.
Here are some random requests for the game:
1. Free-Range mode - just to explore (be able to choose any vehicle and any map).
2. Scoreloop integration
3. Better particle effects
4. On the track map it is hard to tell my location, so maybe a bigger icon or a some other way to make this easier to read
5. More vehicles and tracks of course!
D09-04-12 06:16 PM
Theres also a possiblity of us porting MiniSquadron. We did the Android version (the original was on iphone), and would love to bring it to Playbook, but right now the final decision on whether that happens lies entirely with the guys at Supermono.
Go let them know on their forums if you want to help convince them that a Playbook/BB10 version is worthwhile!09-05-12 01:53 PM
- Just a quick note to say we released an update that fixes a graphical glitch with shadows ( made it look like there was horribly pixelated dust behind the cars! No idea how this slipped into the last version). Also added a player rankings screen, so you can compare the overall top drivers across all tracks.11-08-12 12:18 PM
- Thanks for the comments. Sorry i didn't respond sooner - i thought i got automatic reply notifications for this thread, but apparently not.
@dano_style - will look at the font size/placement - i suppose it could be pretty distracting. I think maybe i've just seen it so many times that my brain filters it out Glad you found the tilt controls worked well. It seems to be something people either love or hate - we've had several comments that they are way too sensitive, and other that they aren't responsive enough...
@masqueofhastur - we don't have a trial version right now, but there's a bunch of videos on our youtube channel. grayfinstudios1's channel - YouTube11-24-12 09:36 PM
- We're almost ready to release an update. We've moved the "checkpoint" text when using the external camera view, so its not so in the way now, and I added an additional "flipped" control scheme where the thumbstick is on the right (rather than left). Also fixed some multiplayer bugs that might have crept into the last version.
Just trying to work out some BB10 compatibility issues right now (which is easier said than done, since we don't have an actual device... haha)12-12-12 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD