Information about the app:

After the enormous sucess of FILM for all blackberry os5/6/7 Models, Cappow decided to create a version for the PLAYBOOK.
    But not only did we re-create the interface for optimal usage/performance for the Blackberry Playbook, we also added TONS of new features,
    making it the first MOVIE DATABAsE FOR BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK (PMDB)
    Ur playbook just became A BETTER DEVICE!

App url: Buy Film for BlackBerry PlayBook™ - Download Film for BlackBerry PlayBook™ - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

App description:

With this app your PlayBook just becomes a BETTER DEVICE!
    Film gives you an overview of the latest movies, movies coming to the cinema with their release dates and movies currently in cinemas.
    Besides that Film offers you HIGH QUALITY movie trailers and the ability to rate and review movies!

Checkout the full FEATURE LIST:

- High Quality trailers, with subtitles in your local language
    - Movie information, plot, cast, director
    - Movie reviews (Rank movies, Write short reviews)
    - Featured movies
    - Movies Now In Cinemas (location-based)
    - Upcoming movies (location-based)
    - Newest movies
    - Movie database, search for movies by title
    - Available in the following languages, Dutch, English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Danish, Swedish, Finnish and for Switzerland German and French
    With FILM for Blackberry Playbook you will never miss another great movie again! U have always got up to date movie-info for movies playing in your local movie-theatre.

FILM is the best PlayBook MOVIE APP OUT THERE, TRY IT FOR YOURSELF!

** Temporary introduction price during the first week! 0,99USD (and other currencies equivalent). Get it now! **

Please send us your feedback. And if u are willing to post this app on your website, would you be so kind to give is the heads up so we can check it out ourselves.

http://imageshack.us/g/141/img00000009l.jpg/
    Last edited by neelzz; 11-19-11 at 03:52 AM.
    diegonei and FuzzyFish like this.
    11-19-11 03:46 AM
    usa not a region?
    11-19-11 10:10 AM
    We wanted to,,,,,,,

But the USA/CANADA have different rules for distributig the trailers...
    we don't have the rights for the trailers over there

We are searching for a solution, but we don't know it there be one.
    11-19-11 01:05 PM
    Supporting USA/Canada starting tommorow
    12-13-11 06:41 AM
    very nice, and available for finland. kiitos!
    12-13-11 07:57 AM
    yay! thanks! glad you found a solution to the licensing issues
    Last edited by snoozininsomniac; 12-13-11 at 10:01 AM.
    12-13-11 09:58 AM
    Any idea when this will make their way to App World in Canada? I checked today and it still is not listed as being supported for Canada and the US.
    12-13-11 11:15 PM
    same here. not available for my device. US running OS2.
    12-13-11 11:38 PM
    Malaysia. It says not available for my current device profile
    12-14-11 01:34 AM
    Thanks!!! I just purchased the app and currently testing ..... so far it works well in Canada ... Im based in Toronto
    12-14-11 03:51 PM
    I noticed that most trailers are being grabbed from youtube but with its highest HD quality. I noticed some movies are not yet available on this application.

This is still very convenient so you don't have to go and query/search for the movies while you have this app.

Example:

Men IN Black III there is no trailer available but when I go into imdb.com I do see a trailer available.

How are trailers being updated in the app? Does it do it automatically or do you need to come up with a new software upgrade release for such update?
    12-14-11 04:22 PM
    Any idea when this will make their way to App World in Canada? I checked today and it still is not listed as being supported for Canada and the US.

I was able to download this app from APPWORLD as of 12/14/2011
    12-14-11 04:23 PM
    I noticed that most trailers are being grabbed from youtube but with its highest HD quality. I noticed some movies are not yet available on this application.

This is still very convenient so you don't have to go and query/search for the movies while you have this app.

Example:

Men IN Black III there is no trailer available but when I go into imdb.com I do see a trailer available.

How are trailers being updated in the app? Does it do it automatically or do you need to come up with a new software upgrade release for such update?
    ----
    Whe use a different service for the content provided in canada / usa. The european/inda service provides us with all the movie info/trailers, but the canada / usa service had the rights for the movie dates/info, but not for the trailers. for this reason the trailers are added from youtube. We are still looking for a way to embed this. so the movies will be played within the app instead of opening a new window. | The embedding of the movie is already happening for european/indian content. | But while searching for a better solution we had to provide something for region usa/canada.

About the content: because we use's api's to get the content for the european service and the usa/canada service, they control the content. It will be updated automaticly. So whenever they add new trailers/info to a movietitle. it will be displayed automaticly within FILM for Plabook.

I hope this helps a bit. |
    Kinds regards

N,
    Cappow
    12-16-11 04:22 PM
    We think RIM was still mirroring their servers, so while it was already visible for us here in Europe, that it was available for Canada/USA. It wasn't for users within USA/CANADA.
    It should be available now though.
    12-16-11 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD