I have to admit not using the app a lot, but I think it is great, and I spent time to read the instructions, set it up, and looked at the star charts, which panned and rotated well.

Thanks, Buzz....

Off to write positive review
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    04-14-12 11:20 AM
    The app is good...

OP, your app has 5 stars in App World...What's the problem

...maybe some creative marketing
    04-14-12 01:01 PM
    I have to admit not using the app a lot, but I think it is great, and I spent time to read the instructions, set it up, and looked at the star charts, which panned and rotated well.

Thanks, Buzz....

Off to write positive review
    Thanks for the groovy review! You're all set up to identify those bright thingies that hover in sky once every blue moon. Don't leave home without your PB - you never know when you might glance up and see something interesting.
    04-14-12 01:10 PM
    The app is good...

OP, your app has 5 stars in App World...What's the problem

...maybe some creative marketing
    At this very moment, as I type this reply, I am engaged in creative marketing. If you would kindly pose your question on my FaceBook page, I could do some more marketing there (see link below). I have been featured in App World several times and also had two good reviews in the front pages at CrackBerry.com.

I would even consider donning a sandwich board and strolling down main street if I thought it would make a difference. But darn it, I am so busy trying to make a go of my "real" livelihood that I have very little time to actually improve my product.

To top it off (and as I pointed out in the OP) I have been getting a few very toxic review lately. Unfortunately the reviews, though absolutely false, highlight the need for a rather drastic marketing strategy. I need to re-write my app in its entirety so that it can finally exceed the expectations of my customers.

Other than that, I can't think of any winning strategies. I wonder what things you might suggest. I would be interested to see what other developers might think as well. How are your marketing efforts going?
    04-14-12 01:45 PM
    At this very moment, as I type this reply, I am engaged in creative marketing. If you would kindly pose your question on my FaceBook page, I could do some more marketing there (see link below). I have been featured in App World several times and also had two good reviews in the front pages at CrackBerry.com.

I would even consider donning a sandwich board and strolling down main street if I thought it would make a difference. But darn it, I am so busy trying to make a go of my "real" livelihood that I have very little time to actually improve my product.

To top it off (and as I pointed out in the OP) I have been getting a few very toxic review lately. Unfortunately the reviews, though absolutely false, highlight the need for a rather drastic marketing strategy. I need to re-write my app in its entirety so that it can finally exceed the expectations of my customers.

Other than that, I can't think of any winning strategies. I wonder what things you might suggest. I would be interested to see what other developers might think as well. How are your marketing efforts going?

Those example comments you show aren't that bad...there are so many more that are positive

You could hire a 'playbook programmer' to code your app natively. You already have What's Up, you know what you want.

One feature that could be nice is Ex. When we see something on tv on the news telling us to look in the sky...your app could download this info and orient our playbooks for this event (night or day)

You could make the native pb app an augmented reality star/sky app using the camera
    Last edited by anthogag; 04-14-12 at 02:35 PM.
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    04-14-12 02:27 PM
    Good lord, how many times are you going to post complaining about reviews? If your ego is so easily damaged, maybe you really should retire from app development.
    04-14-12 02:28 PM
    Good lord, how many times are you going to post complaining about reviews? If your ego is so easily damaged, maybe you really should retire from app development.
    Moderator, please close this thread. It had been an intelligent conversation about one developers experiences and a plea for consumers to understand some of our concerns. But it has deteriorated into nonsense where I can't even respond to a direct question without being attacked as an apparent crybaby. The thread has run its course and I would just be repeating myself. Thanks
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-14-12 02:44 PM
82 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD