With the release of OS 2.0 around the corner I started thinking about the native PIM apps, more specifically the Contacts app. While it looked pretty cool in the video demonstrated at CES (Crackberry), I was wondering how all the information would get on the Playbook? Will we have to manually enter it all or will it automatically sync up with the different services (e.g., Linked In, Facebook?). Furthermore, does anyone know if it will sync up with my current BlackBerry contacts through BIS? Surely RIM can pull this information down from their BlackBerry Protect servers...
    artie likes this.
    02-01-12 06:51 PM
    That is exactly what I wondering; also with the Calendar.
    renownedanonymous likes this.
    02-01-12 08:14 PM
    my blackberry contacts already pull in facebook and linkedin contact - i suppose its because its synced via BES to outlook 2010 which does that - anyway I presume it will be the same basic idea, though implementdd in a much cooler way.
    renownedanonymous likes this.
    02-01-12 08:32 PM
    Hmm, I had forgotten about the calendar! That's even more important than the contacts, to me! I wonder if you'll be able to subscribe to Google calendars?
    02-01-12 08:35 PM
    What I always wanted and hoped for is if I schedule an appointment on my Calendar for a contact that is on my device, that it should recognize that person should I need to call or text or email that contact wihin the Calendar, instead of looking up that Contact's info. It would save a lot of steps and also not having to input all that info into the Calendar, just the name of the contact. Hope it makes sense, it does to me.
    02-01-12 09:00 PM
    BlackBerry OS already can go fetch Google and Yahoo! contact/calendars so I really don't think getting that on the PlayBook was such a big deal...

What I always wanted and hoped for is if I schedule an appointment on my Calendar for a contact that is on my device, that it should recognize that person should I need to call or text or email that contact wihin the Calendar, instead of looking up that Contact's info. It would save a lot of steps and also not having to input all that info into the Calendar, just the name of the contact. Hope it makes sense, it does to me.
    Take a look at the Mobile Conferencing app, it may help with that.
    Last edited by diegonei; 02-01-12 at 10:04 PM.
    02-01-12 10:00 PM
    Thank you, I'm mostly interested in the Native app witbout having to use Yahoo or Google.
    02-01-12 10:59 PM
    It uses ActiveSync, so I suggest you do some research on how ActiveSync works.
    02-02-12 09:18 AM
    It uses ActiveSync, so I suggest you do some research on how ActiveSync works.
    What does? Calendar? Contacts? I heard email does but am not aware if that includes these.
    02-02-12 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD