12-31-12 03:20 PM
- Since self-promotion appears to be acceptable here and you all seem like a civilized bunch, I'd like to draw some attention to my Android app "Word Links". It's a word game based on my original idea - not a rehashing of WwF, Scrabble, Boggle, or countless other letter-joining games.
It's an ad-free paid app, but you can take a no-commitment approach by first checking out the videos on the Word Links YouTube channel. Also, there's a "test drive" feature on the Amazon download page which allows you to try out the game in your browser. The emulator is nowhere near as responsive as a real device, but it can give you a decent feel for the game.
Thanks in advance for the consideration!03-12-12 07:51 PMLike 3
- Thanks to all who have downloaded Word Links so far.
I'm presently working on an upgrade, to be released next month, which will have some new features and enhancements. I welcome any suggestions you may have - either reply to this thread or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org 03:52 PM
- The first review was posted on App World today. It was mainly positive, yet the poster raised two issues: (1) the timing seemed too short, and (2) the fact that new words appeared on a round retry was a little frustrating.
I really appreciate constructive criticism like this because I intend to keep improving the app. Since I'm working to finalize an upgrade release, I wondered if any of you who have downloaded Word Links have any suggestions of your own, particularly with regard to the timing.
Last edited by tx_ent; 05-03-12 at 05:38 PM. Reason: typo05-03-12 11:49 AM
- Well, I was quite pleased to see how well this app (can't speak for others) ran on the PlayBook - that says a lot about the hardware and Android launcher.
Even so, I'm seriously thinking about a native port, considering some of the features I'm planning for later releases (head-to-head play, etc.).05-03-12 05:13 PM
- An upgrade, version 12.1, is now available for download. It adds hundreds of new words, as well as some other enhancements.
These are features I wanted to push out ASAP while I continue to work on some more extensive mods. Please feel free to continue sending me suggestions.09-17-12 04:19 PM
- Since I'm not Apple, I don't mind leaking details about upcoming product releases. Here, then, are a few enhancements in the pipeline:
-User/game profiles, allowing you to save mutliple concurrent games (with different vocabulary levels, etc.) -and- enabling different players to use the same device
-Head-to-head game play mode (pass back and forth) on a single device
-American or British spelling option
-Colorblind option (i.e. alternative to red/green indicators)
Speaking of not being Apple, one of the challenges of being an independent developer is gaining visibility among much larger players. For this reason, I appeal for help from those of you who have downloaded and played Word Links. I would greatly appreciate any kind of online publicity you could provide - most importantly, positive reviews (4 or 5 stars) on the App World download page.
Many thanks!10-05-12 10:11 PM
- Version 12.3 is now available for download from App World. The big feature addition is the American vs. British spelling option, found on the Configure screen. Also, an inconsistency in the "Assist" option has been remedied - you should now see a yellow indication if the word is valid but is blocking a complete solution (i.e. one if its component words should be used elsewhere). Here's an example:
moonlight | headbeam
headlight | moonbeam
As before, I'd appreciate any kind of positive reviews you could provide on App World. Thanks!12-31-12 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD