Thanks very much F2 for your support! The feature you mentioned will be in the next update that we are just completing testing now. We plan to upload for approval in the next couple of days.
    Ah, good, I'm not totally crazy, just partially crazed!
    04-03-13 09:03 AM
    Bumble2000, I freaking LOVE you!

Very much looking forward to this update indeed! Been using this everyday so it's going to feel sensational when a ton of interesting features and tweaks are added!

I've already been making loads of playlists on it, it's so easy! I actually AUXed it when we had a party here, it was great, I was showing my friends what it can do and they loved the gesture UI, Think-4-U idea and the 'Tile style' interface, and how superior it is over the stock player! (+ a few more suggestions/tweaks popped up, I've actually written them somewhere, but I'll refer to them later :-)

I'm looking forward to assigning pictures with playlists, that's going to be a ton on fun! :-D

Again, Thanks for everything Derek, you and your team are extremely gifted and talented, and it fills me with much joy to (verbally) participate and seeing this amazing app evolve, and by also offering (imo) an unprecedented level of a unique user-centered experience, great customer satisfaction, as well as creative and quality programming.

Music is an important part of many peoples day to day lives, and it's unbelievable how so many apps/software can get in the way of it by poor UI, user-experience and limitations. You have really given us something something special here.
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    04-03-13 09:26 PM
    Hello,

I am a big user of party mode in xbmc can this app work in the same way simply randomly play music from my local files

Also does it support .flac encoded files as a lot of my files use this format

thanks

Tkgafs
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    04-07-13 06:02 PM
    Hello,

I am a big user of party mode in xbmc can this app work in the same way simply randomly play music from my local files

Also does it support .flac encoded files as a lot of my files use this format

thanks

Tkgafs
    Hi Tkgaks,

Thanks for your interesting in t4u. It doesn't have a dedicated button for "party mode", but if you select the "songs" button, it will give you a playlist will all the songs in your local music directory. From there, you can set the player into shuffle mode. That should achieve the effect you are looking for :-)

In terms of .flac, sorry it does not support it.
    04-09-13 12:09 AM
    Hi Tkgaks,

Thanks for your interesting in t4u. It doesn't have a dedicated button for "party mode", but if you select the "songs" button, it will give you a playlist will all the songs in your local music directory. From there, you can set the player into shuffle mode. That should achieve the effect you are looking for :-)

In terms of .flac, sorry it does not support it.
    Well I've bought the app but have to admit I dont quite get it !!

I have about 3,500 songs on my playbook, how do I get them into a playlist

when I select the songs tab I get a screen of "tiles"
    how do I add these to the playlist and then how do I tell the playlist to shuffle ?

I have tried the playlist creation option, to create a playlist by selecting a folder, which does seem to select everything but there doesnt seem to be an option to save the playlist.

Is there any other help than the help button in the top left corner which just seems to give a picture with the gestures on it.

At the moment all I seem to be able to do is play the same bit of a track over and over again, but I'm unsure as to why

If I choose the option to create a new playlist I get a screen with all the tracks on one side but no obvious way to presumably move the tracks to the right hand side.

Sorry for being so stupid but I'm baffled, I sure it will be a great player once I work it out though !!

If I add more music to the playbook will it automatically detect it and add it to its library or database ?

And can I request you think about adding a party / jukebox feature so you can just start up the app and get random music.
    Last edited by tkgafs; 04-09-13 at 03:37 PM. Reason: wrong word used
    04-09-13 03:36 PM

how do I add these to the playlist and then how do I tell the playlist to shuffle ?

I have tried the playlist creation option, to create a playlist by selecting a folder, which does seem to select everything but there doesnt seem to be an option to save the playlist.

Is there any other help than the help button in the top left corner which just seems to give a picture with the gestures on it.

At the moment all I seem to be able to do is play the same bit of a track over and over again, but I'm unsure as to why

If I choose the option to create a new playlist I get a screen with all the tracks on one side but no obvious way to presumably move the tracks to the right hand side.

Sorry for being so stupid but I'm baffled, I sure it will be a great player once I work it out though !!

If I add more music to the playbook will it automatically detect it and add it to its library or database ?

And can I request you think about adding a party / jukebox feature so you can just start up the app and get random music.
    all of this is allready I. the app starting with the juke box feature requested its called think mode and everytime you open the app your last played song should start playing.

for the playlist you can drag and drop them from the right side end the track title there is three small marked lines specially for that.

if you tap on the songs option at the top left all your music should be there.

and all the playback options are at the top bar on the now playing screen beside the pause button.
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    04-09-13 06:57 PM

Hi tkgafs,

Many thanks for purchasing t4u!

when I select the songs tab I get a screen of "tiles" how do I add these to the playlist and then how do I tell the playlist to shuffle ?
    That's your playlist :-) of all the songs in your library. Pick a tile to start playing. You'll get into the player view. In the player view there is a button in the top right that you can toggle the playmode to shuffle.

If you have your songs organized in folders, you can load the folder and use that as a playlist. Just go to the "Playlist" tab and selected Load Playlist by Folder.

Yes, it will

The app remembers your last playmode. So if it is in shuffle, it will start-up playing random music :-)

Hope that helps.
    04-09-13 08:53 PM
    So I simply select a song from the tiles and the random play will start from there?

If I always picked the same starting track, would the songs always play in the same order or is it truly random.

How would I search for a particular song to start the random playing from. Scrolling through thousands of songs is impractical, and if I put something in the search and select a song from the results it seems to only play randomly from the results.

I also still can't work out how to create a custom playlist, I can't work out how to move the tracks from the left column to the right I have tried clicking and sliding them but nothing seems to happen.

Would it be possible to add support for flac files in a future update?

Sorry for being so useless and thanks for your quick replies
    Last edited by tkgafs; 04-10-13 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Typing error
    04-10-13 05:57 PM
    So I simply select a song from the tiles and the random play will start from there?

If I always picked the same starting track, would the songs always play in the same order or is it truly random.

How would I search for a particular song to start the random playing from. Scrolling through thousands of songs is impractical, and if I put something in the search and select a song from the results it seems to only play randomly from the results.

I also still can't work out how to create a custom playlist, I can't work out how to move the tracks from the left column to the right I have tried clicking and sliding them but nothing seems to happen.

Sorry for being so useless and thanks for your quick replies
    Hi tkgafs,

We are very glad to help answer your questions :-)

In the attached image, the steps to add songs are:
    - On the left column, touch the third horizontal bars corresponding to the song you want to add
    - Drag that to the right column

You also have the option of creating a playlist by selecting a sub-folder from the music folder.

Yet another option is to create a playlist in a program like iTunes and then export that list as an .m3u. If you put that file in the music directory, t4u will be able to recognize that format.

And when you are ready to explore more, you can try the adaptive playlist (or think-mode). The idea behind this is that there are songs that you like more than others (probably true in the case of 3500 songs :-) and that there might be an order that you like to play them. The player will learn your habits. Once you train it, and put it in think-mode, the song order might appear random, but in fact, it is only the songs that you like and in the order that you like.

It's truly random

t4u uses the same media formats as the native PlayBook music player. Our understanding that the FLAC is available in BB10 and as such will be available when BB10 comes to the PlayBook.

When you select the "songs" button and you get a view of all your 3500 songs, the list is sorted in alphabetical order. Also, when you exit the app, it will resume to the last song played, and restore the play mode.

Additionally, you can also mix in music videos alongside your mp3s and played in random order.

Another tip that might come in handy is that the physical volume buttons are also enabled so that when you long press the +/-, it will advance to the next/prev song (this most useful when you've been playing songs for a while and the playbook goes into password protect mode, you don't have to login to advance to the next song)

Oh, there is also a sleep timer feature -- in case during your party you want to auto shut-off after a certain amount of time so that the neighbors don't complain (just joking :-)

If you have additional questions, feel free to send us an email at [email protected]. We'd be happy to provide you with more details :-)

Hope that helps.
    Attached Thumbnails New app: Think-4-U Music Player-img_00000333.jpg  
    Last edited by Bumble2000; 04-10-13 at 11:38 PM.
    04-10-13 11:24 PM
    Hey Guys/Gals,

The new update for Think-4-U has arrived, with all the features Bumble2000 mentioned prior submission to blackberry world (I won't steal his thunder by listing them as I'm sure he'll post a thorough/up-to-date changelog) it's great!

I just wanted to comment to anyone who's bumping into an issue (as I did) where, after the update the player makes no sound, to do the following:
    - Restart the Playbook
    This should definitely fix the issue. I just used the 'Memory Eater' app which worked just as well.

Again, another brilliant update, thanks a lot to Derek and all the brilliant minds at Bumble2000! :-)
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    04-16-13 10:12 AM
    Hey Guys/Gals,

The new update for Think-4-U has arrived, with all the features Bumble2000 mentioned prior submission to blackberry world (I won't steal his thunder by listing them as I'm sure he'll post a thorough/up-to-date changelog) it's great!

I just wanted to comment to anyone who's bumping into an issue (as I did) where, after the update the player makes no sound, to do the following:
    - Restart the Playbook
    This should definitely fix the issue. I just used the 'Memory Eater' app which worked just as well.

Again, another brilliant update, thanks a lot to Derek and all the brilliant minds at Bumble2000! :-)
    Hi everyone,

As FlagshipFighter mentioned, a new version of t4u player is available. Key improvements:
    -Allows saving of Flickr background image to file
    -Additional gesture control: control volume with swipe up/down (option controllable)
    -Remembers last Flickr image and uses it if no Wifi connection. You will always have an flickr image, so no Wifi, no problem
    -Fixed difficult to add music to the bottom of the playlist when you have filled the initial column
    -Allows association of image with playlist (so you can assign Morning.jpg for Morning.m3u, etc :-)
    -Improved slashscreen logo

Enjoy!

BumbleBee Computing
    04-17-13 07:52 PM
    hi I wanted to ask if it was possible add a small clock to the now playing screen, I know it migth be kind of an odd feature but since the pb kind of died while we wait this is the only app I use. like literally all day just plug it to my tv and leave the app do its magic.

anything will do I thougt I would also look nice probably located in one of the corners like rigth on top of the playlist name but in the wallpaper area rather than the grey bars.
    04-23-13 06:30 PM
    This app sounds great. The name suggests it is just what I am looking for. I have a Z10 and a Playbook 64GB that both sync up via Bluetooth with my surround sound system. I have 1000’s of songs on a single hard drive geared to different family members (Me / wife / kids). I suspect about 30% of the songs I hear it once and never want to hear it again, but don’t want to delete it from my library (hard drive) and don’t want to delete it from my mobile device only to have it put back on the next time I sync.. 40% of the songs I am happy to hear. Then 30% is my music that I really want to hear. What I want is an app that;

1. Allows me to rate songs.
    a. I want to hear songs I have not yet rated so I can rate them.
    b. Songs that I hate, I want to be able to flag them as never play, -5 stars
    c. Want automatic playlists that play songs I rate more highly, more frequently.
    2. I want a “genius” type function so that I can pick a song that typifies the mood and then let the app go from there never playing songs rated -5 and playing songs rated +5 more frequently
    3. I want to be able to “teach” the app while at work listening to music off of my Z10 but have my Playbook benefit from the learning’s of my Z10. During the week I use my Z10 as my primary music player while at my desk or in the car. But on the weekends when I am really listening to my music and able to enjoy it, I use my PlayBook. I want the PB to know what the Z10 knows. What my favs are, what my dislikes are etc.
    4. I also then want an easy way for me to sync my Z10 and PB with my computer in such a way that If I have rated a song as -5 or deleted it from my device that it does not come back when I sync. Basically what I am looking for is a way to have on my devices the 30% of music from my library that I actually like, and a painless way for me to see what is new to my library (added by kids or wife) so that I can decide if I like it or not.

This is very much a wish list. I just want the music app that best fits my needs as outlined above. Is that Think-4-U or Neutron Music Player or do I need to go and get me an iPod?

Thanks

Twis
    04-29-13 02:49 PM
    hey any chance u still updating this app? I been having some bugs on it, like I have to restart everytime I open the app or else itll just display the last song I was playing and 0:00/0:00 on the time. sometimes I even have to go select another song it won't play close the app and restart it again also if I add new songs I have to open wait for a while then reopen the app again, any chance you could look into it?
    06-07-13 04:54 PM
    I love this music player!
    10-21-13 10:07 PM
    If I were to use Air Browser, where in the file structure can I find the Flickr png's Think4u is using?
    01-28-14 02:35 PM
    I was just thinking the other day how it would be better to choose my own background instead of the tat from flicker!!

Good question!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    01-29-14 12:02 PM
92 ... 234