New app "StreamingNow" for video streaming, remuxing and converting
My new app "StreamingNow" has been approved. Here is app url in App World
Main features are:
1. Stream all PlayBook-compatible video from Windows PC.
2. Supports AC3, DTS, etc. audio codecs by remuxing
3. Convert flv, rmvb, etc. video files to PlayBool-compatible format:
4. Supports mkv, mp4, avi, wmv, mov, mpeg4, flv, rm, rmvb, etc. video formats
5. Has build-in video player with full-screen mode
6. Displays detailed media profile information like codec, bitrate, sampling rate, etc
NOTE: StreamingNow Media Server is required to install and run on your Windows PC. No Mac or linux version is available yet. Please visit 7mobile.ca/streamingnow/ for more information.
Hope you like it and enjoy.
- 04-11-2012, 01:42 AM #5
So does it just demux and remux container files?~~~Let's Rock and Roll This~~~
Samsung Galaxy SIII Running Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4
Bold 9900 Running 18.104.22.1687
Bold 9700 Running 22.214.171.1243
PlayBook Running 126.96.36.19971
- CrackBerry Abuser
04-11-2012, 10:46 AM #13
- 109 Posts
- 04-11-2012, 12:29 PM #16
I guess you would need to have a bitrate/quality toggle for that to work, so I think I've answered my own question...
- 04-11-2012, 08:23 PM #18
It doesn't like UNC paths to network drives but works fine with mapped drive letters.
The drives appear in the list but if you select one you will get a WiFi / Server error.
I have a few of questions.
Is there any way to sort file and folder names?
The Remove Files from Queue button doesn't seem to do anything. Is it broken?
How do I delete files after I have watched them?
Last edited by Angus_CB; 04-11-2012 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Spelling9800 (Torch), 9780 (Bold), 9300 (Curve), Playbook
Thanks for purchasing StreamingNow. Here are the answers to your questions:
1. Is there any way to sort file and folder names?
It's currently list file/folders in ascending alphabetic order. It seems it doesn't work for network-mapped drives. For short term, we will release a server update very soon to adress this issue because it doesn't need to wait for RIM approval.
2. The Remove Files from Queue button doesn't seem to do anything. Is it broken?
We can't reproduce this issue. In order to remove a file, you have to make sure the checkbox next to the file name checked.
3. How do I delete files after I have watched them?
In current version, you have to delete it manually. We are working on the next App update that will allow you to delete or download files from Playbook.
And we just released Streaming Media Server v1.0.1 today. It supports more video formats now. Please check the change log on our web site.
Thanks again for your valuable feedback.
- 04-12-2012, 04:52 AM #209800 (Torch), 9780 (Bold), 9300 (Curve), Playbook
- CrackBerry User
04-13-2012, 09:03 AM #23
- 28 Posts
Couple of questions as I am not a video expert !!
Does this COPY the files to the playbook and then play them or are they streamed?
Does it convert the files on the fly or do you have to manually convert them before streaming?
The reason I ask is that I can do both without purchasing software. It's what I do now. However, if I can stream movies from my computer without having to go through the trouble of converting and copying, then I will purchase this app. And I will make sure it goes on my wifes PB as well. I have a bunch of movies (mostly .avi) and often have them copied to PB before finding out they won't play (probably sound encoding). This app sounds like it MIGHT be what I'm looking for. Thsnks.
- CrackBerry Abuser
04-13-2012, 09:17 AM #24
- 297 Posts
I have a simple question.
Just want to be sure that while streaming video to watch on the plaYbook, it isn't also playing on the computer. Sounds like its not, but can do that with splashtop.
Need to know that someone can be using the computer while I am streaming the video with neither of us interfering with each other.
Re-answer to your above 3 questions:
1. File/folder names are sorted already. It works well on internal, usb and external drives. Two users reported files/folders are not ordered on their NAS devices but it's fine on our side. We are working on the fix.
2. The in-process file is not allowed to be deleted from queue currently. Because video transcoding is a time-consuming task on low-end PC, we don't like user to kill the in-process file by accident. Based on users feedback and suggestions, we decided to enhance queue management to add more options. In next update, user can stop/delete any in-process and queue files. Currently you still are able to delete files from queue if is is being processed.
3. It currently doesn't provide a way to "delete" physical file on Pc drive. Personally I don't want a app to remove physical files on my PC but we will add this feature in the future update according to user request. It will allow user to delete any files from video output folder but can't remove original files.
The new update is scheduled to submit to App World for approval next week.