Hi everyone,

The BumbleBee Computing dev team has been busy working on new apps designed for the PlayBook. We are excited to announce the availability of a new app called Photo Giggles. Written using the PlayBook WebWorks SDK, this app allows you to take a picture or load one from your album; decorate it with built-in clip-art from a library of over 200 images organized in convenient categories, use drag-and-drop to position the clip-art, use multi-touch gestures like pinching to resize the clip-art, use rotating gesture to adjust the orientation, add cloud bubbles with text to convey fun messages. When you are satisfied with your artwork, apply one of 12 high quality filters to polish your final image and save to a file name of your choosing.

As an added bonus, we've applied a BB10 theme to the app UI :-)

We've attached some screenshots of the UI and fun creations that you can create with this app. We are hopeful you'll try it and like it. As an anecdotal story, one of the developers on the team was using this app with his son -- his son burst into uncontrollable giggles (thus the app name) as he added the fun and wacky clip-art in the picture and in the next morning the first thing the son asked was if he could play with the app.

There are a number of enhancements and additional polishes that we are planning to update within the next couple of weeks. We've offering an introductory 50% sale at $0.99!

Sincerely,
    BumbleBee Computing
    Attached Thumbnails New app: Photo Giggles-pg_ss6.jpg   New app: Photo Giggles-pg_ss2.jpg   New app: Photo Giggles-pg_ss1.jpg   New app: Photo Giggles-pg_ss3.jpg   New app: Photo Giggles-pg_ss4.png  

New app: Photo Giggles-pg_ss5.jpg  
    lwaysluking, cyblitz and sushistew like this.
    01-09-13 07:23 PM
    @Bumble2000
    This is a very cute little app. I'm having fun making my kids look like cartoons. It's a first version so I'm not surprised that moving the clipart around feels just ever so slightly laggy. The rendering of the built in photo filters is quite nice as well- and effective (I do find that it's too easy to mistakenly touch the wrong filter while trying to scroll through the choices and then have to wait for the processing to finish before attempting the "right" filter- can't help wondering if an "apply filter" button would help....hmmm.)
    Overall, I really like this app. I wish you success.
    01-09-13 08:07 PM
    Ging to download it now. It looks great. Another amazing app out of a sea of rubbish ones.
    01-10-13 01:28 AM
    Very cool and thanks for posting about it. I just bought it and will play around with it this evening. Thanks again!
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    01-10-13 10:53 AM
    Great app for such a low price the fact that you can resize and rotate the clip art is awesome, I use this app all the time to joke with friends, cant wait for the updates!
    jamesharmeling and Bumble2000 like this.
    01-23-13 03:33 PM
    Great app for such a low price the fact that you can resize and rotate the clip art is awesome, I use this app all the time to joke with friends, cant wait for the updates!
    Cool. Thanks very much for the feedback!

Just curious, is there a clip-art category that you would like to see more clipart? Also, are there categories of clipart that you think would be fun to add?
    01-25-13 10:28 PM
    Yeah the masks, clothes, hairstyle, tattoos and helmets categories need more clip art, i had a lot of fun using the batman mask clip art. As for new categories I would like to see clipart of animals and zombies. This app also needs the ability to let you move and resize the image you are editing.
    01-26-13 07:47 PM
    The app just got updated, anyone knows what's new?
    03-13-13 02:42 PM
    Will check as soon as I get home.
    03-13-13 04:30 PM
    The app just got updated, anyone knows what's new?
    @blackman91: The key thing that we've added in this release is the ability to work with text in the same way as clip-art. Now you can rotate and re-size text using gestures (pinch and rotate). We think this adds a lot to the easy of adding custom messages to your photos.

The second thing is that we've developed a BB10 version of this app. In fact, the BB10 version of this app was also approved today. It is called a different name, Photo Funtastic, because at the time, we didn't know that we'd have enough time to have equivalent functionality and still have time to quality for the Blackberry incentive program.. We ended up having even more functionality :-). We are making this BB10 version free to existing Photo Giggles users (we'll be updating Photo Giggles to add this), but in the meantime if you would like it now, you can just purchase it and we'll refund your purchase (just send a note to [email protected])
    Last edited by Bumble2000; 03-13-13 at 10:24 PM.
    03-13-13 09:44 PM
    Purchased this hoping it would be what it is made out to be.
    Found it extremely frustrating and sluggish.
    Hopefully it will be updated and speed improved.
    03-15-13 10:20 AM
    are you going to update the playbook version?
    03-29-13 01:52 AM
    We are making this BB10 version free to existing Photo Giggles users (we'll be updating Photo Giggles to add this), but in the meantime if you would like it now, you can just purchase it and we'll refund your purchase (just send a note to [email protected])
    Hi Bumble any news on the update?
    09-05-13 09:44 PM