The update becomes LIVE.

Kudos to RIM for very speedy approval this time. Only takes a day.

I will then have an easier time keep my folks updated with all new features!
    05-30-12 11:10 AM
    New version of Facade is going to be release soon!
    Here is the changelog. You can donate/support me here!

v1.6.0
    1. (IMPORTANT) Improved Efficiency to cut data usage by 50%
    2. Smoother background update process to save power while updating regularly and consistently
    3. (NEW) Notification system is introduced from this version so that you won't miss the new updates!
    4. (NEW) App2SD is supported!

So far I have been keeping weekly update schedule for Facade. You are the motivation for me to improve this to make it better! Thanks for all the support so far!

Facade Social Homepage

MrDJay Apps
    06-06-12 04:33 PM
    Facade v1.6.1 update has now LIVE!
    Here is the changelog. Get yours here!

v1.6.1
    1. (IMPORTANT) Improved Efficiency to cut data usage by 50%
    2. Smoother background update process to save power while updating regularly and consistently
    3. (NEW) Notification system is introduced from this version so that you won't miss the new updates!

So far I have been keeping weekly update schedule for Facade. You are the motivation for me to improve this to make it better! Thanks for all the support so far!

Facade Social Homepage

MrDJay Apps
    06-07-12 11:14 PM
    Is it now a native app?
    06-08-12 04:27 PM
    Is it now a native app?
    Hey f1mx,

It is not. It is however updated since my initial posting here several versions to now 1.6.3 which has quite some more new things and set the stage for future more additions.

Check out the AppWorld Link for details about the recent update.
    06-20-12 05:25 PM
    And regarding re-write the whole thing into Native App,

I just attended the Blackberry 10 Jam NYC event.
    I extremely liked what I have seen in BB10.

To be specific and to be relevant to Facade here, the new BB10 Alpha Device (which I am playing with it for a day so far), has a Android Runtime or 2.0.347 (or some higher version number), which explains why I almost observed NO crash with it and the running speed of Facade is even beating the same Facade instance running on my Razr Maxx!

If such significant improvement are brought by RIM's commitment of growing all their 3 tracks in BB10, shall I really re-invent the effort to re-write it using C++?

Pros:
    It is native app then, it still performs the best. And a lot of other BB specific features may be added.

Cons: a lot of library Facade is using do not provide their Blackberry version. They are provided in iOS / Android / Web etc.

So to overcome that, I probably need to write a simple library for each social network's API for blackberry so that the whole thing is not in bad programming state.

Still thinking. If Facade performance is fine to great in new OS, should I put effort to fill some other gaps in the platform by creating some other awesome Native Apps?

Any suggestions are very very appreciated!
    06-20-12 05:32 PM
    There are updates.

Please allow me to up it =)
    06-28-12 11:53 PM
    In Main Post, the download link to the Free Version of Facade in AppWorld is added.

You can also download here

As a multiplatform client,
    it does core functions of various platforms but it provides the simultaneously posting and receiving with these 5 social networks.
    For facebook, you can post status update (text+picture), like/unlike, comment, view different updates. Share to other apps/email if you find something interesting
    For Twitter, you can tweet (text/picture), receive tweets, retweet (with or without your comments). comment. Share to other apps.

For Sina Weibo/QQ Weibo, you can post/receive status (text+photo), comment/repost

For LinkedIn, you can post/receive text+photo status update to your networks.

Cheers
    07-02-12 11:28 AM
    Boost.

Please refer to Main Post for update information!
    07-09-12 01:43 PM
    Folks,

Both Free and Paid version has been updated to v1.7.5
    1. Numerous bug fixes
    2. Stabilize the loading of Tencent Weibo
    3. Performance improvement - address slow loading of statuses when network is weak (potential database lock)
    4. various user experience improvement

Download link of Free Version is here.

If you like it, please rate it to support my free version.
    If you find problems, please kindly email to [email protected] to give me feedback and I will include into next update.
    07-27-12 08:49 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD