Please, add more cool functions, like allow it to play several file formats that the PlayBook doesn't support.
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    10-17-12 04:36 PM
    Does this support FLV? Otherwise, I have to convert FLV's to F4V's .
    unfortunately, it doesn't.
    10-17-12 10:46 PM
    One feature that my old Galaxy Tab has that I haven't seen on other players is screen lock during video playback (power button toggles the lock mode). My kid loves picking up and watching shows on my tablet but without screen lock, she ends up pausing the video or exiting the application.
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    10-18-12 07:48 AM
    Hey, Bumblebee: Congrats on the Blog Review on Crackberry.
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    10-18-12 09:22 AM
    One feature that my old Galaxy Tab has that I haven't seen on other players is screen lock during video playback (power button toggles the lock mode). My kid loves picking up and watching shows on my tablet but without screen lock, she ends up pausing the video or exiting the application.
    Thanks very much jmcneill for the excellent feature suggestion. We will definately look into adding this feature.

@F2 Many thanks!
    10-18-12 10:28 PM
    We're prototyping this right now -- especially how the UI would look like. We want it to be as intuitive as possible, so we wanted to get feedback on the following suggestion:
    To lock:
    - Top bezel swipe down to expose menu with a lock icon
    - Pressing lock icon will put the player into full screen mode (if it isn't already), and then lock controls

To unlock:
    - Top bezel swipe to expose menu with unlock icon
    - Pressing unlock icon will put the player into small screen mode and unlock the controls.

@jmcneill: what do you think :-)?

BumbleBee Computing.
    jmcneill likes this.
    10-20-12 03:03 PM
    Sounds great! Does this prevent left/right/bottom swipes (OS navigation) as well?
    10-21-12 10:50 AM
    @jmcneill. After doing some research of the operating system programming interface, it looks like we can't override the left/right/bottom bezel swipes.
    jmcneill likes this.
    10-23-12 07:40 PM
    Bummer, well thanks for looking into it!
    10-24-12 07:05 AM
    Hi everyone,

We are pleased to announce the availability of v2.7.2 of AutoPlay.

1. Top Bezel Swipe Down to Lock controls (as requested by jmcneil et al :-)

2. Delete video ability. Finished watching a tv episode and want to quickly remove it? Just press the delete button.

3. Auto-sort of all lists. All the lists are now auto-sorted in alphabetical order for easy selection. It also has the effect that if will list all episodes of tv series in the correct order on series after another.

4. More play lists. In addition to 'My Favorites', Dynamic playlists via search results, and built in top level folder play list, there is an additional support in this release. You can now add folders into the videos directory and each of the folders can now be used as playlists thereby giving you arbitary many playlists to customize.

5. Bug fixes :-)

In the works for next major release
    - SRT support (angkorbeer, sorry this is taking longer than planned. We are working on it.)
    - auto-shutoff timer. As it turns out a number of users list to music videos before sleeping. This feature is the playbook version of the TV sleep timer.
    - Smart Play. This is being prototyped and is a brainchild of a new member of the team. The idea is to apply machine learning to auto observe the video segments you like the most and generate and autoplay that. That's the idea anyway ... we'll see if we can make it work well :-)

I want to again take this opportunity to thank this community for the overwhelming support that we have received!

With much gratitude,
    BumbleBee Computing.
    11-05-12 08:31 PM
    I'm probably missing something very obvious, but how do you play the video full screen?
    11-05-12 09:48 PM
    @bdegrande: To go to full-screen, double-tap on the viewing area. You can also swipe left/right to navigate next/prev video.
    bdegrande likes this.
    11-05-12 10:09 PM
    �In the works for next major release
    - SRT support (angkorbeer, sorry this is taking longer than planned. We are working on it.)�

Thanks for the efforts.
    But don't worry about me : It looks like I'll have to return my tablet for screen repair. So no video-watching on the PB for me for a while...
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    11-05-12 10:09 PM
    I'm probably missing something very obvious, but how do you play the video full screen?
    Double tap the screen. Simple as that.
    bdegrande likes this.
    11-05-12 10:10 PM
    Many thanks to Bumblebee for a wonderful app and great customer service as well. AutoPlay has taken the frustration out of watching movies on my pb - no more scrolling to find my place in the native player. Definitely recommend it!
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    11-05-12 10:15 PM
    Works great but could use the "presentation mode" like the native player so the PB screen doesn't have to be on while watching a video with HDMI on TV.
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    11-05-12 11:33 PM
    Works great but could use the "presentation mode" like the native player so the PB screen doesn't have to be on while watching a video with HDMI on TV.
    Presentation mode isn't in enough apps thats for sure. I think you can turn the screen off by putting the PB into standby, then you can use Bridge to use it from the couch.
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    11-06-12 08:20 AM
    How can I create a custom playlist using autoplay video app? I just can't figure it out
    02-26-14 08:45 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD