Can anyone confirm if Neutron Music Player can play radio streams from Tvheadend? I have Tvheadend running on a Raspberry Pi and thus streaming Freeview radio channels. I would like to be able to listen to these on my Playbook. All I need is a suitable app�� .
    09-08-15 08:11 AM
    Solved, using Kalemsoft Media Player. For the benefit of anyone with a Playbook, a Raspberry Pi and a USB DVB TV Adapter (and there won't be many, I suppose). Kalemsoft plays transport streams nicely, but can't be pointed directly at Tvheadend URLs. However, it can access URLs indirectly - because it can browse XBMC libraries through uPnP, XBMC can read .m3u files and Tvheadend can export its channel list as URLs in an .m3u file. All of which is handy, because I was previously using Kalemsoft to stream recorded videos from the XBMC library. As a bonus, this also works for the live SDTV and HDTV streams from Tvheadend. Radio and telly, from the airwaves to the Playbook.
    brookie229 and BoneMatrix like this.
    09-10-15 05:59 AM
    Hi,

I have the same setup - Raspberry PI running Kodi/Openelec, TVHeadend and a Freeview USB tuner. Works perfectly. Would love to watch TV on the Playbook - I tried copyign the M3U file over to it but that didn't do it. Can you please give me some pointers into getting it to recognise it via Kodi/XBMC as you mention?

Thanks.
    03-18-16 05:02 AM
    Agree, would be great if could explain your setup a little bit more in detail!
    03-18-16 06:59 AM
    This works for me on OpenELEC 5.0.8, using Tvheadend version 3.9.2675.

I got the channels list from Tvheadend by using 'your-RaspPi-IP-address:9981/playlist/channels', which ought to work with any browser on the local network. It downloads a text file called "channels" (n.b. no extension). Rename it (to anything you want) but add an .m3u extension. Optional extra, I edited this in a text editor to arrange the channel order and split it into three files, each for radio, SDTV and HDTV just for convenience.

Copy the 'channels.m3u' file(s) to any suitable directory on the RaspPi (not the Playbook). In Kodi, add that directory as a 'source' and you should be able to browse the 'channels' lists via 'Videos - Files'. It should also mean that Kodi will share this directory via the 'UPNP Library'.

In Kalemsoft, browse the UPNP Servers, which leads through Kodi(OpenELEC) - Video Library - Files - name-of-you-directory - name-of-your-file to a list of the channels (as contained in the .m3u file). Select one, wait a moment while it makes the connection, then press play.

It did not work with OpenELEC 6.0 when it was first released; I haven't tried it with the latest 6.0.3, which may have fixed the problem.
    03-20-16 06:15 AM