Hi All,

Similar to the Skype Email Campaign, I was thinking now might be a good time to convince Netflix to develop an app for the Playbook.

The idea would be to put your Netflix account on hold on February 1st until Netflix agrees to address the issue. I know that they are very sensitive about their user numbers since they took a bit of a hit in their stock earlier last year. If enough users participated, it get the company to pay attention! Any thoughts?
    01-30-12 01:18 PM
    Ive been doing this since mid Sept. when they starting charging $7.99 for streaming.
    01-30-12 01:28 PM
    They only offer video streaming in Canada for $7.99 - there is no DVD mail service.
    01-30-12 01:42 PM
    yeah already cancelled back in august. Take that netflix!
    01-30-12 02:09 PM
    That is a good idea. Although I would suggest doing it right before they release quarterly numbers. That way they would have to report it to the street and they would be really pissed off. They might notice it then. Just would have to be certain that at the end of a quarter, you are not "subscribed."
    01-30-12 02:31 PM
    I canceled mine months ago netflix sux I just don't get it.
    01-30-12 02:42 PM
    colsed my netflix when they changed thier rate plan. but if playbook had their support i would consider giving them 2nd chance.
    01-30-12 03:28 PM
    so, how would netflix work on a playbook?
    if you subscribe to netflix, you can use it on your playbook, ps3, or whatever all for the same $8/month?

im not very informed on how netflix works. it doesn't really interest me. i have a free trial i still haven't used.
    01-30-12 03:44 PM
    so, how would netflix work on a playbook?
    if you subscribe to netflix, you can use it on your playbook, ps3, or whatever all for the same $8/month?

im not very informed on how netflix works. it doesn't really interest me. i have a free trial i still haven't used.
    The streaming portion of Netflix's business allows for any two screens to stream any content from their inventory. There is no maximum (or at least I haven't reached it yet) amount of registered devices. So you could have your PS3, your Wii, your PC, your iPad, your iPod, your Android Phone and an Android Tablet all registered. But you could only use two at the same time.

Question; should we stop using Netflix for a single day, or cancel our subscription until Netflix caves in and releases a BBPB Netflix app?
    01-30-12 04:01 PM
    i discontinued mine some time ago. not any or enough new releases to justify it. i can watch reruns of the same movies on pay tv.
    01-30-12 04:28 PM

Question; should we stop using Netflix for a single day, or cancel our subscription until Netflix caves in and releases a BBPB Netflix app?
    I was thinking the campaign would be most effective if it is short and sweet. If 250,000 BlackBerry users cancelled their accounts for one month, that would translate into a loss of $2 million. A well coordinated campaign on crackberry and twitter could potentially accomplish this. The loss of users and revenue will not look good for their results.
    01-30-12 04:33 PM
    aaa, i see.

i remember someone showing me netflix at their house this past summer, and it didn't interest me. seemed it was mostly really old movies that i would not want to watch let aloone pay $100/year to subscribe to.

i already pay a hefty fee to subscribe to rogers cable and have 2 pvr's so i can watch my fav shows on my own free time. to pay an extra $8 for old programming doesn't excite me.

but, hey, if there is a demand for it among playbook owners, then i hope a native app is made for it soon.
    goodluck.
    01-30-12 04:37 PM
    Hi All,

Similar to the Skype Email Campaign, I was thinking now might be a good time to convince Netflix to develop an app for the Playbook.

The idea would be to put your Netflix account on hold on February 1st until Netflix agrees to address the issue. I know that they are very sensitive about their user numbers since they took a bit of a hit in their stock earlier last year. If enough users participated, it get the company to pay attention! Any thoughts?
    I like it, but my only thought really is that I know they reclaimed those lost users already. Heard it on cnbc a few weeks ago
    01-30-12 06:44 PM
    I think this would work if we can get enough people
    heck forget 250,000 which I doubt we'll even come close to.
    If we can get at 10,000 people to do this I have a good feeling
    they will release the App.
    One thing is we do have to wait until OS2 Feb 21 as a lot of Apps are
    rumor to be appearing and Netflix being one of them.
    01-30-12 07:59 PM
    I think this would work if we can get enough people
    heck forget 250,000 which I doubt we'll even come close to.
    If we can get at 10,000 people to do this I have a good feeling
    they will release the App.
    One thing is we do have to wait until OS2 Feb 21 as a lot of Apps are
    rumor to be appearing and Netflix being one of them.
    Sorry but 10,000 users wouldn't even register with them. They probably gain and lose more than that every few days. The only thing that will attract their attention is the Playbook having a sufficient user base to make it worth supporting. This is just about as naive as the Skype petition. Actually, it is maybe a bit less so since Netflix isn't owned by a RIM competitor. Unless RIM has cut some deals that make it worth the effort, don't bet on seeing either until the market share is sufficient for the companies to justify. Actually, without some sort of a deal to make it with Microsoft's time, don't bet on Skype ever happening....
    01-30-12 08:52 PM
    Sorry but 10,000 users wouldn't even register with them. They probably gain and lose more than that every few days. The only thing that will attract their attention is the Playbook having a sufficient user base to make it worth supporting. This is just about as naive as the Skype petition. Actually, it is maybe a bit less so since Netflix isn't owned by a RIM competitor. Unless RIM has cut some deals that make it worth the effort, don't bet on seeing either until the market share is sufficient for the companies to justify. Actually, without some sort of a deal to make it with Microsoft's time, don't bet on Skype ever happening....
    RIM has sold approximately 1 million PlayBooks, and growing, so I think the user base is now large enough to justify these apps. Obviously these campaigns are naive, but what else are consumers supposed to do? pray?
    01-31-12 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD