The new pack is here!! It now contains 35 neogeo games including all metal slug 1-5 and kof 2001 and 2002!
    http://adf.ly/X4TM0

All you have to do is install the newest Gngeo-pb bar, once installed on your pb open the emulator then close it, then go to /accounts/1000/shared/misc/ and replace the folder called gngeo with the one with the same name inside the above zip file (you have to unzip the file first) and you are ready to go, Gngeo-pb with 35 neogeo games included that you can now play with a friend thanks to the multiplayer support in the newest version of Gngeo-pb!!

Let me know if the new pack worked for you guys or if you had any problems.
    Last edited by Blackman91; 10-15-13 at 03:53 PM.
    Oglon3r and tovento like this.
    10-02-13 01:25 AM
    I tried both installing over the old 1_1_0_2 and uninstalling and then reinstalling. Both methods resulted in a crash. For now 1_1_0_3 works well, so sticking with it. Might check back to see when the next version gets posted.
    I found that some rc files in the old pack I posted were making the newest version of Gngeo-pb crash for some reason, I just posted a new pack that works perfectly with the new version and has more games. I recommend you to install the newest version of the emulator and replace all the files of the old pack with the files of the new pack. Let me know if this worked for you.
    10-02-13 01:42 AM
    I found that some rc files in the old pack I posted were making the newest version of Gngeo-pb crash for some reason, I just posted a new pack that works perfectly with the new version and has more games. I recommend you to install the newest version of the emulator and replace all the files of the old pack with the files of the new pack. Let me know if this worked for you.
    Really appreciate the hard work. I tried installing the latest version of the emulator and unzipped the new pack. Still having the same issue. Not sure what's going on, but version 1.1.0.8 immediately crashes for me. I've double checked, and the bios files are the ones you included in the pack. 1.1.0.3 still works perfectly for me, so I'll stick with that version. I haven't heard others chime in with issues, so maybe it's something particular to my tablet. I'll try the next version when it comes out and see if there's any change. Thanks again!
    10-02-13 06:17 AM
    Really appreciate the hard work. I tried installing the latest version of the emulator and unzipped the new pack. Still having the same issue. Not sure what's going on, but version 1.1.0.8 immediately crashes for me. I've double checked, and the bios files are the ones you included in the pack. 1.1.0.3 still works perfectly for me, so I'll stick with that version. I haven't heard others chime in with issues, so maybe it's something particular to my tablet. I'll try the next version when it comes out and see if there's any change. Thanks again!
    Thats odd, could you try installing the new version again and move all the rc files to another folder to see if the app opens without the rc files? then try to add them one by one to see if the app crashes.
    10-02-13 08:04 AM
    Just experienced the same issue as Tovento with the latest version of the emulator!
    10-02-13 09:27 AM
    In shared/misc/gngeo there should be three files: LOG.txt, STDERR.txt, and STDOUT.txt. See if there is any interesting information in those files after a crash.
    Blackman91 likes this.
    10-02-13 11:03 AM
    Just experienced the same issue as Tovento with the latest version of the emulator!
    Please follow the advice I gave to tovento of moving the rc files and the one travis suggested too.
    10-02-13 05:35 PM
    Travis any word on a BB10 port of this Emulator?
    10-03-13 01:45 PM
    Some useful tips:

.In the newest version of Gngeo-pb you can save your state using a bluetooth keyboard too, quick save/load to state 0 via the 6/7 keys and save/load with state selection with shift 6/shift 7, press a number then enter.

. There is an issue where almost all metal slug games will freeze at some point when playing using a bt keyboard, to get around this problem easily you can just quick save frequently while playing by just pressing 6, so if the game freezes just press 7 to quickly load your state. This tip is useful when playing with another player, btw the freezing issue never happens when playing with just the touchscreen.
    10-03-13 06:25 PM
    So, I had a few minutes to play with things. I installed 1.1.0.8 again over 1.1.0.3. When trying to start the emulator, I got the same crash situation. I then emptied out the romrc.d directory and the emulator started fine. Next, I added rc files one by one (from the pack above) and then tried to start the emulator again. It crashed when I added flipshot.rc. Removed it and added all the others, and no more issues.

Here's the strange part. After I had all rc files other than flipshot and a working emulator, I closed out and then added flipshot again to see if it would crash again, confirming it was the source of the crash. Now the emulator doesn't crash anymore! No idea why this happened, but if anyone else is experiencing a crash after installing the latest version, try removing the flipshot.rc file and see if that helps. I still don't understand why removing flipshot and then adding it back ended up working, but it does for now.
    10-04-13 08:08 AM
    So, I had a few minutes to play with things. I installed 1.1.0.8 again over 1.1.0.3. When trying to start the emulator, I got the same crash situation. I then emptied out the romrc.d directory and the emulator started fine. Next, I added rc files one by one (from the pack above) and then tried to start the emulator again. It crashed when I added flipshot.rc. Removed it and added all the others, and no more issues.

Here's the strange part. After I had all rc files other than flipshot and a working emulator, I closed out and then added flipshot again to see if it would crash again, confirming it was the source of the crash. Now the emulator doesn't crash anymore! No idea why this happened, but if anyone else is experiencing a crash after installing the latest version, try removing the flipshot.rc file and see if that helps. I still don't understand why removing flipshot and then adding it back ended up working, but it does for now.
    I experienced the same issue but with another rc file, the weird thing is that removing the rc files and adding them again one by one seems to fix the issue for some reason. I already informed travis about this because this never happened in the old version. Glad to know the new version is working for you now! inform us if you have any more issues please.
    10-04-13 02:42 PM
    I had a hard time finding the right rom and rc file of this game, but it is finally here, Ganryu!

Last edited by Blackman91; 10-15-13 at 03:54 PM.
    10-05-13 03:15 AM
    Nam-1975 and Soccer Brawl (fun game!) also work on this emulator:

It seems that the vast majority of neogeo games work perfectly on this emulator you just have to make sure that the names of the files inside the rc file are the same as the ones in the rom, the only games I have found that have problems or wont run at all are this:
    Viewpoint (crashes after logo)
    Spinmasters (the neogeo intro runs but after that it is just a black screen)
    Tophunter (runs but it is unplayable cause an emulation bug)
    Super sidekicks 2-3 (run but there is a graphical bug thats apparenly corrected with raster effect)
    ninja commando (runs but it is buggy)

Hope someday support for this awesome games is added to this awesome emulator. This will be my last post for a while, hope you guys enjoy this great emulator!
    Last edited by Blackman91; 10-05-13 at 06:02 AM.
    10-05-13 03:45 AM
    Thanks for all the posts and all the hard work! Would it be possible to get the roms of these last two that you found to work?
    10-06-13 08:34 PM
    Thanks for all the posts and all the hard work! Would it be possible to get the roms of these last two that you found to work?
    CoolROM has those neogeo roms and they work without editing anything, just download the roms and there is a file inside the pack I posted called rcfiles.zip containing all the rc files of most neogeo games, just move the rc file of the game you want to shared/misc/gngeo/ROMS/romrc.d and put the rom in the ROMS folder with the same name as the rc file and you are ready to go.
    10-07-13 02:46 PM
    Okay thanks! Work just zapped all ability to access the Playbook, so will try from home.
    10-08-13 05:27 AM
    Okay thanks! Work just zapped all ability to access the Playbook, so will try from home.
    Had any luck making the games run?
    10-08-13 07:26 PM
    Had any luck making the games run?
    Finally got a few minutes to try it out, and confirmed working. Much appreciated!
    10-09-13 08:43 PM
    Travis any word on a BB10 port of this Emulator?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...r-bb10-859173/
    10-10-13 06:56 PM
    I put up a small update for the Playbook version that might hopefully, maybe fix the crash issue. I can't gaurentee it as I couldn't make it crash quite the same way you guys could but I did fix up something that definitely could have caused it to happen. If you already have the last version of the emulator (v1.1.0.8) installed and aren't seeing this issue than there is probably no reason to update but if you come across the issue again or are new to the emulator definitely install the latest version.
    10-10-13 07:04 PM
    I put up a small update for the Playbook version that might hopefully, maybe fix the crash issue. I can't gaurentee it as I couldn't make it crash quite the same way you guys could but I did fix up something that definitely could have caused it to happen. If you already have the last version of the emulator (v1.1.0.8) installed and aren't seeing this issue than there is probably no reason to update but if you come across the issue again or are new to the emulator definitely install the latest version.
    Thanks a lot travis, the update definitely fixed the issue for me, I havent had any problems when adding new rc files now.

Also congratulations on the bb10 port of this emu, nice job!!!!!!!

To celebrate the release of the bb10 version here are 3 new awesome neogeo games:

Edit:
    For the ones who asked me to upload again the most recent games I posted before my dropbox links got disabled, here is the new link:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!EEVSXJLK!QEojB1...CnYBRjKlgAf4Vk

You have to unzip the file, the file contains 6 games: Bangbead, Ganryu, Magical Drop 2, Soccer Brawl, league bowling and Pleasure Goal. Remember the zip files inside go to the ROMS folder, the rc files to the folder romrc.d and the images to the folder called shots.
    Last edited by Blackman91; 10-15-13 at 10:22 PM.
    10-11-13 03:18 AM
    There was a problem with the bangbead rc file and some background music was not playing, here is the fixed rc file:
    EDIT: see my bangbead post below
    Last edited by Blackman91; 10-11-13 at 06:36 PM.
    10-11-13 04:11 AM
    Tip: If you are playing with only a bt keyboard you can press 5 to make the touchscreen controls disappear.
    10-11-13 01:52 PM
    The previous rom of bangbead I posted had problems with the sound and graphics, so here is the new rom with perfect working graphics and sound!

Just replace the files, the zip file inside the zip goes to the ROMS folder, the rc file to the romrc.d folder and the bmp image to the folder called shots.
    Last edited by Blackman91; 10-15-13 at 03:56 PM.
    10-11-13 06:40 PM
    The previous rom of bangbead I posted had problems with the sound and graphics, so here is the new rom with perfect working graphics and sound!
    https://db.tt/7yNEPQLk

http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/...ps74c2bb7b.png
    http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/...psd2973e1a.png

Just replace the files, the zip file inside the zip goes to the ROMS folder, the rc file to the romrc.d folder and the bmp image to the folder called shots.
    Can you also fix it so that every is spelled correctly?

I think you asked about whether an iCade would work or not in another thread and I happened to pick one up today in a clearance rack at Staples. GnGeo would need its keymap changed but if I were to do that it would work pretty nice.

NeoGeo on the Blackberry Playbook-img_00000182.jpg
    10-11-13 10:08 PM
130 ... 23456