I purchased the Playbook on day one but it was very underwhelming and so I took it back day 3. With 2.0 out it is a very viable buy for under 200 bucks at Best Buy. My questions are:

1. Do the apps that you are sideloading from Android in the meantime while developers are coming aboard work exactly like the app would on an android device? No lag, doesn't look like its just playing in a seperate window?

2. Since sideloading is an option has anyone tried to sideload Netflix, skype, google maps? And if so do they work just as it does on an Android device?

3. Can basically ALL apps be sideloaded and used just as they are on an android device?

4. Does the gps work without being connected to the internet and is there a good navigation app that works well.

Ive searched for these answers on youtube and in the FAQ section on these forums and there are not many answers pertaining to APPS. Also, the video examples of Android apps being run on the PB rarely shows any powerhouse apps like Needforspeed, or any intense game apps and I wonder if thats because those apps don't do well on the PB.

Thanks,
    02-22-12 04:31 AM
    Need for speed came preloaded on my PB and it is free, my guess though, is anyone whose main focus was apps or games wouldn't go for a PB

Loads of threads here on android apps.
    02-22-12 05:20 AM
    I purchased the Playbook on day one but it was very underwhelming and so I took it back day 3. With 2.0 out it is a very viable buy for under 200 bucks at Best Buy. My questions are:

1. Do the apps that you are sideloading from Android in the meantime while developers are coming aboard work exactly like the app would on an android device? No lag, doesn't look like its just playing in a seperate window?
    it plays in a window which is the 'android player' - only 1 andriod app can be on the top screen at a time (ie multitasking like on an andriod but not side by side like native apps)
    2. Since sideloading is an option has anyone tried to sideload Netflix, skype, google maps? And if so do they work just as it does on an Android device?
    no
    3. Can basically ALL apps be sideloaded and used just as they are on an android device?
    apps need to be repackaged (easy process which takes 15 minutes) by developer to run on playbook
    4. Does the gps work without being connected to the internet and is there a good navigation app that works well.
    02-22-12 06:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD