Why is there still no mainstream ePub ereader for PB?

The PB's Kobo app won't import and read side-loaded non-DRM books (but oddly the Android version of the Kobo reader will!)

And, yes, I've tried the third-party app Book Reader but, sorry guys, it has no UI and really isn't ready for prime time.

This is an essential app for many users and an huge potential market for these devices. Is RIM, or anyone else, doing anything to fix this?
    05-12-12 08:40 AM

And, yes, I've tried the third-party app Book Reader but, sorry guys, it has no UI and really isn't ready for prime time.
    What do you mean by it has no ui?
    05-12-12 11:13 AM
    I love BookReader so don't understand your comments about it. What is it, exactly, that you feel you need to adequately read a non-DRM book?

I tend to do the bulk of my reading on my ereader but BookReader is my reader of choice for books on my PB.
    dimm0k likes this.
    05-12-12 11:23 AM
    I too would love to hear an explanation of how it has no UI and isn't ready for prime time.

Are you sure you have the right one? There is 'PlayEpub Book Reader' and 'Book Reader for EPUB and Kindle'. The latter is considered the better of the two by most people.
    05-12-12 12:09 PM
    I'm guessing op is trying to say the ui is nothing to write home about, quite true, but as for as doing what it's made for, which is to read books, it does just that!
    05-12-12 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD