manual here
    04-22-12 04:22 PM
    Thanks! App looks very promising for navigation on PB.
    04-22-12 04:47 PM
    Im in USA and cant see navigator. Downloaded Osmand and cant seem to get Vector maps
    04-22-12 05:54 PM
    OsmAnd for PB is free version, with limited number of downloads (maps, poi or whatever). At this moment, it's the best gps app that works on pb, "without" problems. Perform menu swipe and touch "Where I am ?" to locate you on the map. OsmAnd+ for pb won't be free, should come soon, after building is finished.

And this Navigator, looks like slightly modified version of osmand + high price. Can somebody pull bar file from it's PB, and tell us which apk is in it, because there is nothing like OBJ studio on google play store ?

Your menu is the EXACT same as Navigator, and when I installed OSMAND it even said I had a previous version installed ( NAVIGATOR )
    So what is the story here, do you work for OBJ Studio, did you rip them off or did they rip you off. Need some answers here.
    04-23-12 06:31 AM
    Your menu is the EXACT same as Navigator, and when I installed OSMAND it even said I had a previous version installed ( NAVIGATOR )
    So what is the story here, do you work for OBJ Studio, did you rip them off or did they rip you off. Need some answers here.
    I googled OsmAnd and it's been around on Android for over a year and a half, if not longer. There website is Welcome To Osmand . Also like he said, I could not find either Navigator or OBJ Studios on Google Play. It would be kind of weird to port an Android app that wasn't actually in an Android store. I'm not saying it's a ripoff since the screenshots look different, but OsmAnd appears to be legit.
    04-23-12 08:08 AM
    I have no idea who is behind OBJ Studio, what he/they did to the original OsmAnd source code, why he/they decided to name it Navigator and why it's paid app. Simply, I don't care.

I know that I'll build new version of OsmAnd, with unlimited map/poi downloads, bug fixes (+/-) and will post as new product for some small fee.
    04-23-12 08:47 AM
    I have no idea who is behind OBJ Studio, what he/they did to the original OsmAnd source code, why he/they decided to name it Navigator and why it's paid app. Simply, I don't care.

I know that I'll build new version of OsmAnd, with unlimited map/poi downloads, bug fixes (+/-) and will post as new product for some small fee.
    And then get your behinds sued.

Reeeally smart advertising copyright infringiment like that.
    04-23-12 08:57 AM
    And then get your behinds sued.

Reeeally smart advertising copyright infringiment like that.
    Sued why ? Cloning public git repo is crime now?
    04-23-12 09:09 AM
    Wait for Magellan. All I can say is it will be worth the wait!

I've tried a few Android Nav Apps, they all crash close, very annoying whilst driving.
    04-23-12 04:39 PM

I've tried a few Android Nav Apps, they all crash close, very annoying whilst driving.
    I have been, for months....

what's the frekin hold up
    arig77 likes this.
    04-23-12 05:14 PM

Megellan works well for what it is but it does not have off line maps and you need to be connected to the internet to use it. So no good as a Sat Nav, unless your just looking for something to help you for a short trip. No good for regular use.

These "Navigator" or "OsmAnd" apps seem to be the first genuine solutions for Sat Nav on the Playbook.
    04-23-12 05:28 PM
    loaded up OsmAnd

does not seem to work very well here in UK, pressed download maps and it just asked me for a filter word? ... could not download them..

Does not look like it takes post codes which is a pain..

Seems a bit over complicated for me, but I guess the only option right now.

Its a shame its not a native app as it has allready crashed my android player..

And when android player crashed its a pain as you cant just shut it down and restart it, you have to shut down the whole playbook.
    gsr2nv likes this.
    04-23-12 06:11 PM

It's not worth the wait! NO OFFLINE MAP SUPPORT! That's all there is to it!
    04-24-12 07:03 AM
    Well I decided to give it a try, but wishing I had of waited. Multiple crashes, unable to find one address in Calgary, Alberta other than the very few that are there to choose from. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but so far it's useless to me.

Mike
    Hey Mike, new Alberta Maps avail for download, thought you should know!
    04-24-12 07:04 AM
    loaded up OsmAnd

does not seem to work very well here in UK, pressed download maps and it just asked me for a filter word? ... could not download them..

Does not look like it takes post codes which is a pain..

Seems a bit over complicated for me, but I guess the only option right now.

Its a shame its not a native app as it has allready crashed my android player..

And when android player crashed its a pain as you cant just shut it down and restart it, you have to shut down the whole playbook.
    Is it giving you a list of maps along with the filter request? If not than, i believe, you have used up your 8 freebies. Had the same thing happen to me - android player crashes afterwards. I managed to get it working again by deleting one of the maps I downloaded with a file manager from the sdcard folder.

I find that the maps for montreal/quebec are missing the majority of street names - am redownloding.

The application has potential - wish it was native.
    04-24-12 09:00 AM
    Any BAR for the Telmap navigator
    07-03-12 01:15 AM
    Post 1002 here : http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ml#post7296706

You'll have to signup for the beta to get an activation code . Been playing with it today - nice and simple . Unfortunately no offline mapping .
    smweb likes this.
    07-04-12 05:05 PM
    I am confused. Which program has the easy to us UI. Does this need to be side loaded. Where can one get it.
    07-05-12 10:49 AM
    Post 1002 here : http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ml#post7296706

You'll have to signup for the beta to get an activation code . Been playing with it today - nice and simple . Unfortunately no offline mapping .
    where do you sign up for the beta
    07-05-12 12:54 PM
    where do you sign up for the beta
    Register here : Register to get Telmap5

Indicate that you live in the UK, use any UK phone number. I stated that I was using an android device.
    Last edited by StanWiz; 07-05-12 at 07:37 PM.
    07-05-12 07:32 PM
    Installs properly but neither Google map nor TelNav works for me... only black screen
    07-07-12 08:24 AM
    So I have took the leap of faith and bought Navigator. It appears go be able more refined Osmand. However, it is still not easy to pick a destination and get directions.
    07-07-12 04:39 PM
    So I have took the leap of faith and bought Navigator. It appears go be able more refined Osmand. However, it is still not easy to pick a destination and get directions.
    So did I and I completely agree with you on the difficulty of getting nav directions. The information tidbits don't seem to be in synch with the icons at least as far as I can determine.

Another thought that may not be a positive is that I had to uninstall it along with some other apps and even though I bought it through AppWorld, it does not show in the reinstall list so I guess I'm out the $6.99 + tax. Oh well.

Edit: I went back to AppWorld to the app and decided to see what would happen if I tried purchasing it again. Happy Days! It informed me that I had already purchased the app and it started downloading and installing on the Playbook. OK, so I'm a dummy but now a happy dummy!
    Last edited by tofnow; 07-08-12 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Correct reinstall information
    07-08-12 12:18 PM
    Installs properly but neither Google map nor TelNav works for me... only black screen
    What os version are you using? Working great on 2.1
    07-09-12 07:08 AM
    What os version are you using? Working great on 2.1
    The latest stable one. Have deleted both the apps now. Will free up some space and retry sideloading.
    07-09-12 03:07 PM
81 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD