Guys not sure if you all experience this, but I find this VERY annoying.

Before this, my 2 days old playbook is running on 2.0.0.7971.

I just transferred some nice HD pictures, mostly 1000~2000ish pixels on the long side and the thumbnails loaded pretty good. Okay, good, tap on the thumbnail and the full picture shows --- all I see is the blurred picture as if it hasn't loaded.

I need to wait around 4~ seconds to have the clear picture shown. Some smaller pics load faster but you still can see the blur 'preview' for around 1 or 2 secs. Is there any workaround to this or I am the only one having this issue?

P/S: No I'm not another user complaining about playbook, I love it so much that it's the best tablet But this picture prob is urghhh
    04-16-12 09:28 AM
    How long has it been since you rebooted? Yes some do load rather slow.
    04-16-12 09:39 AM
    How long has it been since you rebooted? Yes some do load rather slow.
    It happens to a fresh reboot as well. Anyway I have tried with other batch of pictures, some even though have larger size and dimensions but won't have 'blur preview' for long. I guess it depends then.
    04-16-12 10:56 AM
    If your PlayBook is new and it's still syncing your emails, address books, Facebook messages, etc, it might be a bit slow.

I don't have any HD pictures, but my pictures load right away. I rarely get blurry pictures. My pictures are about 2-3 MB each.

Don't reboot your PlayBook (leave it ON) and see if it improves.
    04-16-12 01:13 PM
    I have quite a few HD pictures loaded and haven't noticed a slow loading issue. Is anything running in the background?
    04-16-12 04:39 PM
    I can't explain why or why does it happen but SOME HD images do that. They take a long time to finish loadin. Other images, same res and size, just pop ready for you to enjoy.

Go figure...
    04-16-12 06:39 PM
    Sorry for joining this thread late, I've just hit the same problem and I'm on 2.1.0.1088.

I've found high quality images downloaded from facebook are rendered slowly.

Have we figured out precisely what's the root cause of the problem? Is there any other image display app in PlayBook without this issue? Thanks.
    11-12-12 10:02 AM
    I believe that a few of the Google File Manager apps have built-in viewers. But that may be individual images.
    11-12-12 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD