Greetings,

I posted in BlackBerry without a response, so I thought I would try here.

Scrolling (using two fingers) in BlackBerry Bridge hasn't been working lately. My Settings are:

Scroll in the Same Direction: On
    Drag-Lock Support: On
    Full Screen Trackpad: On

Changing the first two options doesn't seem to affect anything�I'm not actually sure what they do.

I have the latest version of BlackBerry Bridge (3.3.0.38). I wonder if the latest Z10 update (10.3.1) could have affected something?

Thanks,
    Shane.
    03-14-15 09:26 PM
    Are you having issues everywhere on the playbook or at certain times or places?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 12:41 AM
    Um, I have had other issues, and I've made other posts in this forum.

My problem right now is with BlackBerry Bridge swiping. When I swipe with two fingers on my Z10, nothing happens on the PlayBook. Using one finger to move the cursor works fine. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this.

Thanks,
    Shane.
    03-15-15 01:21 AM
    Restart your Playbook.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 09:54 AM
    I tried rebooting both devices.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Shane.
    03-15-15 12:21 PM
    I have other issues. Nothing is working on Bridge since I updated the OS on my z10 to 10.3 whatever.

I can no longer use the z10 as a remote for the PlayBook nor as a virtual keyboard. It still allows for cellular connection, but that's it.

Any advice ?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 06:26 PM
    I have had that issue before. Nothing that a restart didn't resolve...

Make sure all your software is up to date. If it is, reset your playbook then the z10? Nothing beats a fresh install!
    03-17-15 01:08 AM
    All of the software is up to date.

I can't do a reset, because the preinstalled software disappears.

Shane.
    03-18-15 04:21 AM
    Still doesn't work? Bridge doesn't have that many options to play around with? Two finger scrolling NEVER works?

Making sure I understand things right

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 12:58 AM
    You understand right.

Bridge has sensitivity options for the cursor (one finger) and scrolling (two fingers). I've tried both sensitivity extremes�but nothing helps. As I mentioned in my first post, there are three toggle options. I don't know what the first two are for. I've tried playing with them, and they don't seem to change anything.

Not sure what else I can try.

Shane.
    03-19-15 05:23 AM
    Go on to your playbook and forget your BB10 phone in Blackberry bridge settings. Reconnect then see if everything works.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 11:33 AM
    I disconnected and reconnected without success.

I just noticed that if I open up the BlackBerry Bridge folder on the PlayBook, scrolling works in the two apps here (BBM and Text Messages). I wonder if Bridge is designed to work only with 'Bridge apps'?

Shane.
    03-21-15 11:49 PM
    I just tried it with the browser and it scrolled fine. So it can't be limited to bridged content.

I think, as others have suggested, if you were able to restart it most likely would solve the issue.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 12:25 AM
    I just tried it with the browser and it scrolled fine.
    It works for me too.

This is embarrassing, but I didn't actually try the browser until just now. The browser used to be part of Bridge, along with a bunch of other apps, but when I updated Bridge to 3.3.0.38 everything was removed except for BBM and Text Messages.

I think, as others have suggested, if you were able to restart it most likely would solve the issue.
    I've been restarting both devices, but it doesn't seem to help.

Shane.
    03-22-15 04:57 AM
    In the past, I found that sometimes I had to put both fingers on the Z10, hold them stable for a second, and then scroll. Don't know what it was, but it seemed that the Z10 had to register the action or something. Perhaps not all apps are compatible with the scrolling function of bridge for some reason? Is it an Android app which you have sideloaded? Haven't tried myself, but maybe the scroll function doesn't work with apps in the Android system?
    03-23-15 02:07 PM
    I haven't side-loaded any Android apps.

When I tried to open BBM from the PlayBook today, I got an error message saying "Your version of BlackBerry Messenger is not compatible with BlackBerry Bridge. Download the latest version of BBM to use it on your PlayBook." I already have the latest version (10.7.5.30); but after restarting, scrolling seems to be working now in all BlackBerry apps (but still not in any 3rd party apps).

I was mainly hoping that scrolling would work with Adobe Reader, but it doesn't look like it will ever work with 3rd party apps. If anyone has it working, please let me know. So I think I'm ready to give up. If anyone knows what the settings do on the handset (i.e. Z10), again, let me know.

Thanks everyone,
    Shane.
    03-24-15 01:24 AM
    Played around with it a little, and in Adobe reader, open the file you want, and then single click on the doc when you get it open. On the Z10, push ONE finger on the trackpad section, hold for one second, and then scroll up and down. To top scrolling, lift finger off and single click in the trackpad. This isn't a solution, as when you scroll a little, the cursor on the screen of the playbook moves to the limit (up or down) and doesn't let you scroll anymore (meaning you have to turn off the scroll as I mentioned, and then re-enable it after moving cursor away from edge of screen). Also, I haven't found a way to switch pages. Tried using presentation mode on the Z10 as well with no luck. What was originally a very strong pairing between BB phones and the PB has turned into a bowl of soggy noodles which sometimes provides a glimmer of functionality.
    ShaneGoodman likes this.
    03-24-15 09:04 AM
    I haven't found a way to switch pages.
    I been playing with it, too. I found you can move to the next page in Adobe Reader by putting the cursor in the bottom right, and then tapping. If the cursor turns to the Switch Apps icon, it is too high. Move it down until it turns back to the pointer and then tap. To move to the previous page, put the cursor in the bottom left. If it turns into the Show Keyboard icon, move it around until it changes back to the pointer, and then tap.

Thanks everyone.
    Shane.
    03-29-15 12:09 AM