Hey everyone! I hope this isn't going to be considered spam but my app is out. It's called "Game Night Points Counter", if you look up "Game Night" it's the first result (yes the one with the terrible icon...), it's meant for keeping track of points in board games and such. I won't lie, it's not exactly spectacular, I made it with a codeless Android app making site called Andromo, then converted it to a PlayBook app. It is however, my intention to release it as a native app as soon as I can, however I lack the skill to do so. It's a very basic app, I just don't know how to code in C, C++, Java, etc. etc.

Anyway, try it out, it's meant to work with Settlers of Catan (supports four different game types, the differences being how many victory points you're playing to), Yu-Gi-Oh! to keep track of how many life points you have, and Magic - The Gathering for keeping track of how many lives you have (the major problem with this is that you can't yet yourself as more than 20 lives, which is something I'll need to fix as I found very quickly in a recent game that sometimes you get extra lives very fast....). It works fine with Settlers of Catan, I have used it in actual play and if you just change it everytime someone gets a new victory point, it saves counting them whenever you want to know. It should also work fine with Yu-Gi-Oh! although I do not play this and thus haven't tried the app with it.

Planned Updates:

- Remake as a native app
    - Make it so you can have more than 20 lives in Magic - The Gathering
    - Including a new game, Clue! You'll be able to use the PlayBook as one of the little charts to mark off what weapons, people, and places were not connected to the murder.
    - Make better icons, the ones in use now are pretty brutal
    - Find some more games to add to it

Known Bugs:

- When the tablet's orientation is turned from where it was when you first entered all the points, it sets the points back to default (although oddly, not the names)

Please everyone, be polite, I understand this isn't exactly an a+ app, but I am planning to improve it and I'm welcome to suggestions! Just let me know if there's any game you'd like to see, a short explanation of it would be nice if it's not well known. Thanks, and try it out!
    Gouk and offthahorseceo like this.
    03-12-12 08:38 PM
    03-12-12 08:41 PM
    Does this website give you the source code?
    03-12-12 08:47 PM
    Does this website give you the source code?
    No it doesn't, only a text document-like interface to place buttons and such.

I'm happy to put the work in, and I'm a fast learner, certainly not a tech moron, but I'm not really sure where to start for learning to build an app with Air or the Native SDK. I don't have time to go take a class or anything so unless someone knows of a good online tutorial. :S
    03-12-12 08:59 PM
    No it doesn't, only a text document-like interface to place buttons and such.

I'm happy to put the work in, and I'm a fast learner, certainly not a tech moron, but I'm not really sure where to start for learning to build an app with Air or the Native SDK. I don't have time to go take a class or anything so unless someone knows of a good online tutorial. :S
    AIR is my thing

iBrent's Channel - YouTube

Follow this guy, start with this:

Multi-touch.

But youtube PlayBook AIR or PlayBook AS3

And if you have any questions just shout.
    Barljo likes this.
    03-12-12 09:43 PM
    Hey KermEd do you know anything about implementing the swipe down menu in Flash CS5 without using an external as file?

I know this isnt the place for it but if you dont mind please hit me up on email or twitter or bbm pin:2891512B
    03-12-12 10:57 PM
    AIR is my thing

iBrent's Channel - YouTube

Follow this guy, start with this:

Multi-touch.

But youtube PlayBook AIR or PlayBook AS3

And if you have any questions just shout.
    That's awesome man, thanks a lot!!! Hopefully soon my app will be native and actually won't be so bad. :P Thanks again!
    03-13-12 12:05 AM
    Hey KermEd do you know anything about implementing the swipe down menu in Flash CS5 without using an external as file?

I know this isnt the place for it but if you dont mind please hit me up on email or twitter or bbm pin:2891512B
    Hmm,

In Flash Builder 4.6 I use AS3 commands for it. You need to include the QNX library somehow.

The command I use is

import qnx.system.*;
    Import qnx.events.QNXApplicationEvent;

Function main() {
    QNXApplication.qnxapplication.addEventListener(QNX ApplicationEvent.SWIPE_DOWN, swipeDownPressed);
    }

// Next just add a function for it:

Private function swipeDownPressed(e:QNXApplicationEvent):void {
    trace("Swipe pressed");
    }

Doing this from memory, but I'm not terribly sure how this would apply inside CS5. Assuming the QNX and BlackBerry libraries can be attached to CS5 (im sure they can) that should be it.

I dont know if you can do it wih vanilla Flash AS3 but plausible...

And thats pretty much it.

I
    03-13-12 11:37 PM
    Congratulations on your first app. Keep 'em coming.
    zethaaron likes this.
    03-14-12 01:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD