I'm wondering if anyone that has seen a demo'd version of OS 2.0 or that is running a 2.0 beta can tell me if RIM is redesigning the layout of the music app? I love linking my PlayBook to my car stereo to listen to music while commuting to/from work....but the layout isn't conducive to selecting artists/songs while driving. It would be nice to have something similar to the alphabet scrolling feature in the new Contacts application in the demo'd version of 2.0. Thoughts?
    02-08-12 10:38 AM
    I agree, the music app needs to be updated!!!!!!

I want to have a list view and the ability to drag and drop songs to create playlists and have the ability to rename playlists etc.

Not to mention an eq would be good too!
    02-08-12 11:01 AM
    in the latest beta my playlists got rearranged very strangely. They are listed sort of by name, by the first name is followed by all songs from the same artist and so on

there are no changes in other details
    02-08-12 11:23 AM
    Thank you both for the feedback. I really hope RIM is planning on putting a better music app UI in place in future versions of the PlayBook OS. I would love to see big tiles or something more user friendly in the car.
    02-08-12 11:44 AM
    I really hope RIM is planning on putting a better music app UI in place in future versions of the PlayBook OS. I would love to see big tiles or something more user friendly in the car.

Sounds like an app making opportunity. Mock up some screen shots of how you think it should look and I bet you some app maker will create it for you. For a price.
    02-08-12 11:54 AM
    .but the layout isn't conducive to selecting artists/songs while driving.
    KEEP YOUR HANDS ON THE WHEEL AND EYES ON THE ROAD. It is just not worth it.
    02-08-12 12:05 PM
    Sounds like an app making opportunity. Mock up some screen shots of how you think it should look and I bet you some app maker will create it for you. For a price.
    Maybe some app maker will create it to get a free PlayBook. Would love it to have Last.fm integration
    02-08-12 12:38 PM
    Why not just create a playlist of the songs you want to listen too during your drives?
    02-08-12 01:57 PM
    Why not just create a playlist of the songs you want to listen too during your drives?
    That is one option as a workaround to be safe (like one other poster pointed out).. however, regardless if I'm at my desk or in my car, I think a revamp of the music app UI is needed.

Maybe I should test the waters in the app development realm...
    02-08-12 02:36 PM
    KEEP YOUR HANDS ON THE WHEEL AND EYES ON THE ROAD. It is just not worth it.
    You've never changed the station on your stereo before? Or managed climate control? Lets not get carried away.
    02-08-12 02:48 PM
    Maybe some app maker will create it to get a free PlayBook. Would love it to have Last.fm integration
    Already there.

ON AIR powered by Last.fm for the BlackBerry PlayBook

And

LPlayer
    Last edited by LoganSix; 02-09-12 at 07:44 AM.
    02-09-12 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD