I have multiple android apps installed, some will open on a new Android Player instance, those I can switch from one and other using regular bezel swipe, but other apps will overwrite the latest Android Player opened, so I wont see the older, how do I change from one to the another on the same Android player instance?
    02-22-12 02:59 PM
    If you do a swipe down from top bezel to get an option menu, at the bottom of your screen should pop up with the apps open, and a "switch" on the very right side of that bar. If you click the switch the bar stays up, and you can click between all of your apps that way.
    02-22-12 03:05 PM
    If you do a swipe down from top bezel to get an option menu, at the bottom of your screen should pop up with the apps open, and a "switch" on the very right side of that bar. If you click the switch the bar stays up, and you can click between all of your apps that way.
    I will try that in a bit. Do you know if there is any way to get the apps to open on an individual player each and every time?
    02-22-12 03:35 PM
    I have multiple android apps installed, some will open on a new Android Player instance, those I can switch from one and other using regular bezel swipe, but other apps will overwrite the latest Android Player opened, so I wont see the older, how do I change from one to the another on the same Android player instance?
    How do you manage this? All the Android apps I have installed (sideloaded or otherwise) all run in the same App Player environment, not on separate instances.

The icons at the bottom bar launch the app you selected, if said app was still in the background, you'll bring it forth, if not, you'll launch it anew.
    02-22-12 03:42 PM
    I just don't get why some apps open in a separate android player and others will be played on the same one.

I have Twitter-CNN-IMDB running on one, but if I open Cut the Rope it will go to a new android player
    02-22-12 05:24 PM
    I just don't get why some apps open in a separate android player and others will be played on the same one.

I have Twitter-CNN-IMDB running on one, but if I open Cut the Rope it will go to a new android player
    Isn't cut the rope a native app? Android apps open up in the android player while native apps open up new instances.
    02-22-12 05:28 PM
    It sounds like you don't know which apps are native apps and which ones are Android apps.

Only native apps will appear in a separate window. Cut The Rope is definitely native (the Android version won't work!)

Android runs as one app only. Click icons down the bottom of its main bar to switch apps.
    02-22-12 05:33 PM
    It sounds like you don't know which apps are native apps and which ones are Android apps.

Only native apps will appear in a separate window. Cut The Rope is definitely native (the Android version won't work!)

Android runs as one app only. Click icons down the bottom of its main bar to switch apps.
    I sideloaded Cut The Ropes, apparently it is a native app sideload. My bad
    02-22-12 05:37 PM
    Most users won't know the difference because RIM is obfuscating the distinction right when the user is choosing the app s/he wants to try.
    02-22-12 05:51 PM
    Most users won't know the difference because RIM is obfuscating the distinction right when the user is choosing the app s/he wants to try.
    And well they should. Not a great piece of news for them that all the great new apps released with the new OS v2.0 are just ported Android Apps.

Give it a couple of months before we see RIM's trifecta effort start to pay off.
    02-22-12 07:49 PM
    in one of the posts a few weeks ago, we were taking suggestions on how to improve app world. my suggestions were a distinction between native and android apps and a beta apps section... this would clarify some confusion!
    02-22-12 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD