While I'm loving the added functionality of the PlayBook, of late...I'm still longing for a useful tool that integrates with MS Project - something that will allow the syncing of projects/tasks to/from the tablet to the desktop, NOT import/export...

Is there anything out there that I'm missing? Is there a web-based solution? Maybe something via Android???

The 3rd party applications running independently of MS Project are of no use to me, since I'm not interested in duplicating my PM efforts in multiple apps...and the current state of remote desktop apps leave a lot to be desired as far as efficiency/functionality and reliability, for those to be involved in the final solution.

Ideas?
    02-28-12 05:05 PM
    I've been longing for a MS Project application since I got my first Blackberry!! The closest I've come so far is a handheld app called Project Planner. It's in App World. I have seen nothing for PlayBook released yet. There is one that is due to come out called Clear Project by Prognex (ClearProject - Project Management on the go with BlackBerry Playbook). They're currently taking a list of names for updates on the release, but no information as of yet. Keep your eyes open and I'll keep mine open also. What baffles me is with all of these developers out here, you would think that someone would have attempted to make a Project Management app that is compatible with MS Project. I just found MS OneNote in the android Market that was converted to a .bar file for the PlayBook. Hopefully soon there will be an application that we all can use without being on a BES.
    carlbytes likes this.
    02-29-12 06:45 PM
    Wow, that Clear Project app looks great. Will deff be looking out for that one...
    02-29-12 11:04 PM
    wow - Clear Project it is, then...looks pretty sweet; if that things half as functional as they advertise, I think we'll have a winner!

Good lookin' out...
    03-01-12 09:50 AM
    When will Clear Project be released?
    03-01-12 12:27 PM
    The website doesn't give any information as of yet. I did see another post where a working version of Clear Project was being shown off at a show. I can't find the link. I would just sign up for the updates on the site. This may be the App to get if it works as good as it looks.
    03-02-12 04:09 AM
    I've been longing for a MS Project application since I got my first Blackberry!! The closest I've come so far is a handheld app called Project Planner. It's in App World. I have seen nothing for PlayBook released yet. There is one that is due to come out called Clear Project by Prognex (ClearProject - Project Management on the go with BlackBerry Playbook). They're currently taking a list of names for updates on the release, but no information as of yet. Keep your eyes open and I'll keep mine open also. What baffles me is with all of these developers out here, you would think that someone would have attempted to make a Project Management app that is compatible with MS Project. I just found MS OneNote in the android Market that was converted to a .bar file for the PlayBook. Hopefully soon there will be an application that we all can use without being on a BES.
    Do you know the funniest thing? They have been showcasing this app for almost as long as the PB itself has been around and for a while their site was dropped.

I am ultra happy to know it is back now!

Last edited by diegonei; 03-02-12 at 07:36 AM.
    03-02-12 07:24 AM
    can't be a good sign if marketing efforts seem to have ceased, and their twitter account dormant since December...early 2012 has passed, and not a peep...sigh
    05-14-12 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD