Hello Crackberry,

Everytime I come here for help, you guys have not failed me once and that's why I love it here.

Anyway, just got my 16GB Playbook, connecting it with my 9900 has been the most productive and efficient method, I love Blackberry Bridge, especially the fact that I can type on my phone and it goes to the playbook.

I'm trying to get some good stuff on my playbook for Offline purposes. I want to listen to music and watch movies/shows (For example on the train in the tunnel -nyc). I need these shows/music downloaded so I don't need internet/service to use them.

Any recommendations? Advice? Apps? Anything?

Thanks in advance

Troy
    04-24-12 08:20 PM
    Just connect your Playbook to your computer, fire up BlackBerry Desktop Software, and start syncing over movies, music, etc. The Playbook supports most formats. The Playbook is also great for reading books, if you want to try that as well. Zinio is a great (and free) magazine app that, once you purchase a subscription to a certain magazine, you can download and read them offline. Hopefully this answers your question.
    Schewbe likes this.
    04-24-12 09:34 PM
    If you have movies on your computer just convert the files to mp4 eh, and copy and paste to your playbook. It was super easy!! All I have to do now is wait for the video store to come to Canada eh......
    04-24-12 10:32 PM
    Most 'new' torrents for tv shows are being released in MP4 format, which is about 75 - 100MB less per episode... this is GREAT news for the 16GB PB owners for this reason:

A regular season of 24 episodes @ 350mb each would be around 8.5GB - Meaning probably ONE season plus a dozen or so albums would fit on your 16GB PB once all the Apps and stuff are accounted for.

NOW. 24 episodes @ about 260mb each will be around 6GB... meaning you have an EXTRA 2.5GB to play with!!!

Like mentioned above, try to get MP4 so that it will save you some space. Most movies can be obtained in MP4 but if it is for a train ride I think movies would be too long.

As for mp3s... so can store A LOT just using that extra 2.5GB from using MP4s over AVI files.

Also, you should consider (as mentioned) using the PB as a reader. If you are going to be on a 'quick' ride and dont have the 22 or 42 minutes to watch a tv episode then you can start an MP3 playlist and read a couple chapters from the book of your choice.

When all is said and done, this is actually a difficult question to answer properly due to the fact that we dont know EXACTLY how you use your device and what you prefer (music/movies/print)
    04-25-12 12:12 AM
    If you do intend to try reading on the Playbook, I suggest Moon+ Reader. It isn't native, but it is an excellent app, and recognizes many different file types. It's really great for short trips as mentioned, and it doesn't take up near as much space as a bunch of movies.
    04-25-12 05:43 PM
    Since you have a BB phone, try using Jeeosuite to stream media from your phone's SD card to your PB.
    04-25-12 06:08 PM
    Don't forget you also have the Podcast app on your PlayBook. There are some incredible High Def shows there to watch. They download to your PlayBook, and as far as I know you can watch them offline. Not sure though as I only watch them in the bath, which is within wifi range.... Hey don't laugh, there's nothin' like watchin' an episode of Wild Oceans (HD) in the tub with a cool brewski on the side..... Oh never mind , too much information.
    04-25-12 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD