Jordan Rudess just announced on Twitter and YouTube that MorphWiz-Play is available for PlayBook. Anyone who follows music apps or award-winning apps knows what that means. Here's the video:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6wsDG6aZ5M[/YT]

Edit: Buy MorphWiz-Play - Download MorphWiz-Play - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

Thanks Jiatern!
    Last edited by nextlevel88; 04-23-12 at 12:00 PM.
    04-23-12 11:44 AM
    04-23-12 11:49 AM
    guess my 16yo son will need this on his 16gb . . .

ok - also picturing/hearing this on the bigscreen via HDMI . . .
    Last edited by DocDRM; 04-23-12 at 12:00 PM.
    04-23-12 11:57 AM
    Awesome

10chars
    04-23-12 12:02 PM
    What a great app!

It's beautiful and plays well - definitely worth the $2!
    04-23-12 12:08 PM
    Looks Great! Will be purchasing today. Does anyone know if the HDMI out works proper? (Is both the Audio and Video passed to TV)?
    04-23-12 12:59 PM
    guess my 16yo son will need this on his 16gb . . .

ok - also picturing/hearing this on the bigscreen via HDMI . . .
    Yeah, and for those that are uninitiated, MorphWiz won the first ever Music App award from Billboard, as well as an Editor's Choice award by Electronic Musician. It was also named Best Music App at the 2011 Best App Ever Awards.

Not to mention that it was inspired, created, and endorsed by a Grammy-nominated keyboard player. It's kind of a big deal if you're into that sort of thing�
    04-23-12 01:02 PM
    This is awesome, and totally unexpected. I'm a huge Dream Theater fan, AND an amateur keyboardist, so I'm buying it right now.
    04-23-12 01:12 PM
    Can't do that in the web browser. Thank god for developers and their apps.
    04-23-12 01:32 PM
    Amazing app! Many different "keyboards" and quite a few settings to choose from. If you want a fun music app that actually sounds good, I definitely recommend this app (although I've had it for less than an hour)
    04-23-12 01:53 PM
    Looks Great! Will be purchasing today. Does anyone know if the HDMI out works proper? (Is both the Audio and Video passed to TV)?
    Just answered my own question as I purchased it. Unfortunately the audio is not passed through the HDMI. The video is passed however. Hopefully that can be updated. This is a great music app! Love it so far. Awesome concept!

Anyone get the HDMI working properly?
    04-23-12 01:55 PM
    I am buying this app because the guy in the video has an amazing beard.
    bluetroll and tinker2000 like this.
    04-23-12 02:25 PM
    I am buying this app because the guy in the video has an amazing beard.
    Don't forget to get rid of the Vancouver avatar first ;-)
    (Sorry - couldn't resist)
    04-23-12 02:34 PM
    Don't forget to get rid of the Vancouver avatar first ;-)
    (Sorry - couldn't resist)
    Never!!

Maybe I'm just bummed out because I shaved my playoff beard today...

Back on topic: I've purchased this app and it's really quite fantastic.
    04-23-12 02:39 PM
    Man.... The BrainTube patch is so playable it is awe inspiring! Actually it is unreal how usable this is as a real-time instrument.

The way you can modulate patches with the slider while you play is very cool!

Make sure you guys try this in Headphones or through a speaker system. The sounds are fantastic!
    OneArseneWenger likes this.
    04-23-12 03:09 PM
    I cant effin' believe this! Yay!

EDIT: Just bought! im very impressed it runs way more fluid than on the iPad. I always begged @Jcrudess on Twitter to make this app for the PlayBook i cant believe the day is finally here lol ...

I recommend everyone to get this, this is an amazing app worth every $. You gonna have lots of fun
    Last edited by iSin; 04-23-12 at 03:56 PM.
    playbookster and let_it_go7 like this.
    04-23-12 03:38 PM
    This app is a lot of fun and sounds great. Works in landscape or portrait too. It is a great buy.
    04-23-12 05:01 PM
    WOW! This is really really impressive.

I have no musical talents whatsoever but with this app I am going to be the next Lady Gaga.
    04-23-12 05:30 PM
    Im amazed of the fact that few people knew this app actually existed on the iPad... Im so excited this is available on the PlayBook! if you dont know anything about music, dont worry just download this and you will bring those music skills to your life
    04-23-12 05:59 PM
    This is one of the great apps for the playbook
    04-23-12 06:32 PM
    Im amazed of the fact that few people knew this app actually existed on the iPad... Im so excited this is available on the PlayBook! if you dont know anything about music, dont worry just download this and you will bring those music skills to your life
    Absolutely. Not only does this raise the bar for music apps by literally turning the tablet into a true and unique musical instrument, but it allows people (like me) that wish they had musical talent to actually feel like they have musical talent. Whether you're a serious musician or just want something fun to play around with, this could be the best $2 you spend all week.
    let_it_go7 likes this.
    04-23-12 08:04 PM
    wow this is my new favorite app!
    04-23-12 09:02 PM
    purchased this app, impressed!

04-23-12 09:13 PM
    crackberry please do a review!
    iSin likes this.
    04-23-12 10:24 PM
    Im amazed of the fact that few people knew this app actually existed on the iPad... Im so excited this is available on the PlayBook!
    It's not quite the same app, thus the suffix "-play". It seems the iOS app has more presets and editing options, but is more expensive than the Android and PlayBook apps.
    Looks great nevertheless.
    04-23-12 11:54 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD